Chapter 3- seeing him again and coffee

Erin POV

It bugged me how neither me or Dan had gotten each others numbers, but we both kinda knew it was a one off thing.

I woke up at about 9 on Christmas morning. Exited about the special holiday.

I met my two sisters downstairs. Iona and Ruby. Iona was 22 and Ruby was only 16, but being the lazy bums we all were none of us actually bothered to move out. I know Iona was planning to with her Husband Craig, but we were all still here, after 10 Christmas' Of being in this house.

"Ok Ruby you start!" My mum squealed. She was always the exited one on Christmas. My dad was just grumpy all the time but we all loved him.

Ruby ripped open her present and gasped as she pulled out a brand new iPhone 7. She squealed and hugged both mum and dad and started playing with her new gismo. I had already got one for my last birthday so I wasn't jealous.

"Ok Erin now you!!" mum jumped jumped around on the sofa, more eager than any of us were.

I slowly ripped open the present just to annoy my mum. I already knew what it was; a cheque. At the age of 17 I got tired of presents and just asked for money. On the cheque it read:

£350

I gasped at the vast amount if money and hugged the life out of both of my parents.

I didn't focus on what Iona had gotten as I ran into my room and placed my fresh cheque into my batman purse. I was always a kid at heart, and always have been. My room was littered with adventure time, Pokemon and anime stuff. Please stop silently judging me.

After 10 minutes of just admiring my cheque, I decided to get the money into my card and walk to our local coffee shop. The only shop open on Christmas as well as the bank. Our town always had some shops open, but made sure the people working there were happy to do it.

I got changed into some black skinny jeans and my blue collar shirt, applied little makeup and grabbed my handbag and green parka.

I ran down the stairs and at the door shouted.

"ImgoingtotheshopI'llbebacklaterloveyoubye!" in one big word and abruptly left.

When I got to the bank I got the money onto my card and slipped in into my purse. I had been saving for ages, not that I wanted something, I just didn't need anything. I would either get my parents to buy it for me or not bother.

I walked to the coffee shop with a spring in my step and looked around at the streets. They were all empty. the sound of the birds flowed into my ears as the cool breeze brushed across my face.

I reached the coffee shop an blew into my hands and rubbed them together in an attempt to warm them up.

I got to the counter and ordered. "could I get one caramel mocha with 2 extra shots of caramel and whipped cream please?"

"Drink in or take out?"

"In please and could I get a brownie too?"

"Coming right up pretty lady," the man winked at me and got my order ready.

I waited impatiently for my stuff.

"That'll be £4.90 please beautiful" I handed him a five pound note and told him to keep the change as I walked over to the table closest to the heater.

I placed my stuff down and grabbed 5 sugars from the stand with a stirrer and 3 extra milks. I poured all the contacts into my mug and sipped on it.

Immediately my tongue felt the burn of the hot liquid and I spat it back into the cup.

"Shit!" I yelled, earning a few Glances from some old people having their morning coffee.

I was certain I had lost at least 10,000 taste buds. As I went to the stand to grab a handful more of milk I bumped into someone considerably larger than me and dropped the milk causing the little cartons to scatter along the floor.

"Ah dammit, sorry" he stuttered. I looked up to the stranger and was face to face with... Dan.

"Erin!" he exclaims.

"Dan!" I say mimicking him. I was glad his coffee was sat on the stand or I would have had a coffee stained, soggy t shirt which wouldn't have been that pleasurable.

We both walked over to the booth in the corner and sat down.

"So how was your Christmas morning?" I ask taking tiny sips of my slightly cooler coffee.

"Boring, you know being an only child really isn't that exiting." he says.

"Are you kidding?! I have two sisters, I would kill to be an only child" he raises his eyebrows and laughs at me.

"I bet you would not its so boring!" he exclaims.

"It's no better with siblings! they just annoy you then ignore you, it's a painful process" I say holding up my mug.

"I suppose but I've always wanted to know what that feels like" he says looking intensively at his coffee.

"Trust me you don't and Dan, coffees don't grant wishes" I say to him as he continues to stare at his coffee. He looks up and blushes and looked back at me again.

"I bet you would be a great sister, your fun and interesting plus your gorgeous just like me" he says striking a pose but suddenly realises what he said and looked back down at his coffee, blushing.

"Should I be flattered or offended?" I teased.

"Definitely flattered, I mean look at yo- I mean me" he says.

"Sureeee" I say."well I really need to get back or my parents will wonder where I've got to." I say and grab all my stuff, leaving my empty mug on the table.

Dan POV

As Erin waltzed back out of the shop, I can't help but feel... lost. As if she was walking out of my life.

I suddenly remember I forgot to get her number.

"Idiot!" I say whacking myself on the head.

People stared at me but I've already lost my social dignity so I ran out of the shop. Erin was nowhere to be seen.

I felt sad. Considering we both live in the middle of London the odds of us running into each other again is low. I walked slowly back home.

The feeling I have is foreign to me. Id never felt like this. My heart felt like there was a hole, a hole keeping me from feeling complete.

I open up my door, to my empty house and decide to make a video.

Setting up my video equipment I try and think if Erin told me anything about her that I could use to track her down, I don't think she did.

I sit in front of my camera.

"Hey Danosaurs..."

Erin POV

"So where were you?" My older sister, Iona asks me.

"I was just out" I say reading my twitter feed.

"And where might out be?" she pushes.

"I just saw a boy that I met at mums party" I say.

She gasps and runs over to my bed and moves my laptop off my bed.

"Hey!"

"You met a boy!" She squeals, I nod slowly which only makes her scream louder.

"OMG did you get his number?!" her question makes me feel a little sad.

"Ur no I didn't"

"Oh urm... well I'm sure you'll see him again" she said rubbing my arm.

That's the thing... we won't.

•••

Ok so that's chapter three!!

I hope you liked it, my writing just after Erin left hot abit bad but yano.

Hope you liked it as much as I enjoyed writing it and have a good day!! 🌚🐓✌

Erin x