Chapter 8- official and a loss

My eyes slowly open to the sound of Dans light snores. My hair was matted to my face from the heat of the many blankets piled on top of us, I was like a... hot sandwich.

Suddenly I feel a jand stroke across my head. I place my hand on top of Dans and smile up at him.

"Erin... I have a question" He says and plays with my hair.

"oui monsiuer"

"would you... be my... er... Girlfriend?" He says, playing with my hair non-chalontly.

"of course I will" I lean up and kiss him. I guess we were official now, I liked it. Erin and Dan, Dan and Erin.

"would you like some breakfast?" Dan asks opening up the fridge.

"Nah, that icing is going to go straight to my thighs" I say stretching.my arms and back. Dans looks me in disbelief. Awkwardly I look around the room.

"Your kidding?" He slams the fridge door and places his hand on his hip. Like a typical white girl.

"...No?"

"Your perfect!" He says and comes over to me. Holding my elbows, he looks me in the eyes.

"Erin don't put yourself down like that, you are perfect so no matter what you feel, your always perfection in my eyes" He gently kisses me and moves back to the fridge.

"let me rephrase that... your having waffles" He takes some waffles from the back of the fridge and slots them into the toaster. Suddenly I remeber something.

"SHIT!" I yell and run to my jacket.

"What? are you ok?"

"Yeah urm... can I borrow your phone?"

"Course" Dan hands me his phone and I call home.

"Erin! is that you? please, please be you!" My mums voice echoes through the phone.

"Yea it's me mum I'm sorry I fell asleep at Dans"

"Well could you come home my love... Iona needs you" My mum seemed a lot more relaxed than I had thought. But why did Iona need me?

"Why?"

"Erin please I'm not in the mood for arguing right now"

"uh... Ok I'll be home in 10" I put the phone down and look at Dan in confusion.

"What happened... are your parents mad?"

"No... they're not... but for some reason I need to be home urgently" I gather up my stuff.

"Oh, well just wear them home I don't mind" Dan motions to his clothes and I smile back.

"Thanks"

"do you need walking back?"

"I'll be fine... I'll call you?"

"Sure thing" I walk out of the door and walk back home. Suddenly I hear a door slam and footsteps approach me quickly.

"Oh one more thing I forgot to say" Dan says his breath running out from the oh-so long run from his door. All of a sudden he kisses me and puts his fingers in my hair. Running my fingers through his, I gently pull away.

"Bye..." Dan says.

"Bye" I blow him a kiss and quickly run home in the skimpy clothing and run through the door. I come face to face with mum and ruby on the sofa watching desperate housewives.

"Shes upstairs" Is all my mum mutters. Both of their faces look red, and their eyes are puffy. I decide not to ask and rush upstairs.

I walk into mine and ionas bedroom and slip on a jumper. The divider curtain isn't usually pulled back, only when me and Iona have a fall out. I gently pull back the curtain to see Iona laying on her bed, her face buried into her pillow, and a cast on her leg and bandage around her head.

"Iona?" I ask quietly. She slowly lifts her head up and her face was like mum and Rubys apart from it was 10x worse.

I walk over to her bed and sit on it rubbing her back.

"do you wanna tell me what happened?" She sits up slowly and leans against the wall.

"Craig... he..." Her voice was barely a whisper. Her head burys into my shoulder and I feel warm tears soaking my jumper.

"He... hes gone" Her words sting my heart and my eyes start to well up. My mind flashes back to when I met Craig. He was kind, funny and whats more he loved Iona more than anything.

Instead of talking I just sit there with Iona letting her cry into my chest as she lets out all of her pain. I remeber her mentioning getting the keys to her house with Craig, all her possesions were in boxes and all that was left to pack was her furniture.

We sit there for another hourjust thinking about the loss.

"I want to tell you something Erin, I haven't told anyone I just can't do it and I don't know what to do." Her watery eyes lock onto mine.

"Whats up?" that was a stupid thing to say.

"Well.. Me and Craig were on a road trip, and the road was really icy and spun off the road, he protected me and we hit a tree. The tree scraped across his back and broke both of his legs and the majority of his ribs. His lungs and heart weren't protected and slowly failed. I only broke a leg and cracked my head open... but I- I-..." She trails off and tears stat to fall again.

"I'm pregnant" Her words shock me to the bone and I am uncapeable to speak or for that matter breathe. Eventually I catch my breath and start to tear up again.

"He didn't even know!" She sobs into my shoulder again. I was going to be an auntie... and the father of the child didn't even know.

"Is the baby ok?" I ask.

"It's fine" she wipes her nose and looks around her room.

"I don't want to leave home Erin, but I don't know what to do with the house." she looks at me, her eyes drying for the first time.

"Well... you could sell it" I offer.

"I don't want to... its too good to sell and it definitely won't sell for as much as we bought it" she looks at her hands and I rub her back. All of a sudden he clicks her head up.

"You could have it" she says.

"I can't have my own house...w-what about you, I won't see you" I stutter. It was a good idea but I didn't want to leave Iona.

"Of course you can! its only down the road" she shows me a picture. It was a nice house. It was a bungalow with a big garden; 3 bedrooms; a kitchen; 2 bathrooms; a living room; a family room; a conservatory; a garage; and an office.

"I don't know" I say trailing off.

"Do it for me... you need to build a life now, you've got plenty of money in the bank" she was the one reassuring me now.

"...I suppose it's a good time to start, but only if you do 1 thing for me..."

"What?"

"Tell mum and dad" her face lowers, accepting what she had to do, and nods slowly.

"And I'll tell them I'm... moving out" the words tasted strange on my tongue. And for once Iona smiled at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually love writing this :) you way not like it but I think it's ok :) I hope you liked ittttt xx

-Erin ox