24; life without hope

Lilly

I walked into the mansion to see Caroline, Elena, Stefan, and Damon talking amongst themselves.

I shut the door letting my presence be known.

"You've got to be kidding me." Caroline said.

"Please I'm not here for you." I said before waving my hand.

They all fell except Elena and Damon.

"What did you do." Elena said letting her eyes and teeth change.

"Atleast he brought you back as something that can defend yourself. And that is exactly how we're going to find Bonnie." I said to them.

"Why are you helping us now. I thought you didn't care if we all died again.?" Damon shot.

I chuckled.

"You don't stand a chance against him alone. I sure as hell didn't obviously." I said.

"We need a plan and a good. For the three of us. And then we wake them and make a plan b with them." I said.

"I like your style, but how do you expect to beat the person that bested you." Damon said.

"Thats simple. We now have the element of surprise. Along with the power to cancel out any of the possible ways for him to be alive. I've ruled out witches it's not possible even though hunters and witches have been known to work together for centuries." I said before walking to the pool table.

I let my finger glide across the rough green surface as I walked around it.

"How would you know." He said.

"I'm a witch duh! I would have felt the magic in waves if it was a protection spell. So he's either immortal or he has something that keeps him alive." I told them.

"Did he have any rings on?" Damon asked.

"I don't think Now is the time to talk about jewelry interests." I laughed.

"No Damon is right. Did he have a ring on? Specifically one of a kind that you've never seen before?" Elena asked.

"Now that you mention it he did have on this bulky ring with this hunk of black rock in the middle." I said raising an eyebrow.

"I know how to kill him." Damon said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Do you remember when you killed rick but didn't actually kill rick?" He asked me. I laughed.

"Ahh. Those were good times." I said chuckling.

"Wait! No no no. That's not possible because after Jeremy we all made sure those rings didn't fall into the wrong hands. We destroyed them and your telling me there is another one on the hand of the guy that I thought was someone completely different who is actually trying to kill me and everyone else that makes vampirism hatable!" I exclaimed.

"I refuse that as an answer." I said before holding out my hands in concentration.

I started chanting and things started falling off the shelf's and it felt like there was an earthquake.

Once it all stopped they both looked around and I crossed my arms.

"He won't be so invincible now." I said holding up the ring.

"How did you..never mind. Now we both know what happens next so I think it's best we wake Caroline and Stefan." Elena said.

I snapped and they sat up with a gasp.