18; Gone with the wind

Lilly

I walk out on the porch to see Nate looking down at his hand.

I step next to him and lean against the wooden rail.

"What's on your mind babe." I said to him.

He handed me a ring. I looked at it and went wide eyed.

"Where is he?" I asked him. He shrugged. "But he said he wasn't coming back until I moved on." He said.

"Are you sure it was Blake your talking too?" I asked.

He scoffed. "Most definitely. He had a point though. We were doomed from the start."

I looked at him with a sorrowful look.

"He'll be back. I know him way to well." I said.

"I'll be back. Stay here for a while." I said to him before speeding to the car. I got in and drove to the house.

Nothing.

I pulled out my phone and called him.

"I was wondering how long it would take you to catch on." He said answering the phone.

"You need to turn back around Blake." I told him.

"No. I'm not coming back until he's happy with someone else now when you call me and tell me that and I know it's true that's when I'll turn around." He said.

I huffed. "Why?" I asked him.

"Mmm because. I felt the need to get away and I did and right now I don't feel the need to come back." He said before hanging up.

I walked in the kitchen and noticed a piece of paper on the table.

I picked it up and read it. I layed it down and pulled out my phone.

"Hello?" He answered. I huffed.

"You need to come home. There's something you need to see." I said to him.

"On my way." He said.

I opened the liquor cabinet and pulled down the jack.

I poured a glass and downed it.

This is going to be one hell of a long time.

The door opened abruptly to reveal and scarce looking Nate.

"What's wrong buddy.? You look like you've seen a ghost." I asked him.

He raised an eyebrow. "You said. 'You need to come home now' like Blake's dead body was on the floor or something." He said.

I nodded. "Probably should've worded that better." I said.

"Look he left a note as always. If you read its just going to hurt you more as always so we can skip the tears and heartbreak and go get drunk tell sad stories to each other and have a good time or you can read it and sit in the house all day wondering what the hell you did wrong this time knowing all too well that Blake is actually the one in the wrong." I said standing up.

He processed it for a minute before nodding.

"Where's the jack?" He asked.

I smirked. "Thats even better. Stay home and get wasted." I said before handing him the bottle.