Chapter 17

After I finally became less nervous around Cam’s family, I realized that they’re actually really nice and funny, well aside from Naveah.  She hated me, and I wasn’t too fond of her either.

“Goodbye, sweetie.” Leslie hugged me, two hours later as I was leaving.

“Bye, Ava!” Henry gushed, giving me a bear hug; I looked at Naveah who just glared at me.

“Goodbye, Naveah.” I said, overly-sweet, which earned me an eye roll. 

“Let’s go, Aves.” Cam said, putting his hand on the small of my back and gently leading me to the car.

“Kay.” I said to him. “By peoples.” I said, waving at them.  We got into the car and I turned on the radio, and Cam groaned when he heard the song playing.

♫You’re insecure. Don’t know what for; you’re turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or♫

“Oh, geez.  How can anyone listen to this crap?” Cameron said, going to change the station.

“Hey!” I said, slapping his hand away. “Do not dis the cute, foreign boy band.” I growled at him.

“But…why?!”

“Because, I love them!”

“Not as much as me, though.  Cuz, I’m the awesome, amazing, hot, teacher that you have fallen for.”

I rolled my eyes. “You are way too full of yourself.”

♫Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, and when smile at the ground it ain’t hard to tell, you don’t kno-o-ow, you don’t know your beautiful!♫

“Well, they got one thing right.” Cameron sniffed arrogantly. “I am pretty beautiful.” He said, looking at his nails and swerving a little.

“Watch where you’re going, idiot!” I shrieked, jerking the wheel so that the car was back on the road.

“Whoops.” He laughed awkwardly, focusing on the road in front of him.  He finally pulled into my driveway and walking into my house.

“Hey, dad!” I said to my father who was standing in front of us with his arms crossed and a serious expression on his face. “What’s wrong?” I asked, the smile slipping from my face.

“I have come to a decision.” He said slowly.

“Which is what?” I asked.

“I don’t want you two dating anymore.”

************************************************************************************************************************************************************Hey guys *waves sheepishly* I am incredibly sorry for not uploading sooner…I hope this will hold you over for a while. So…I still have writer’s block on this, but I’m going to try and upload this more frequently. Even though this is really short, I hope you don't kill me in my sleep.