Chapter 15

Ava’s POV

“So, I know this is completely random, but when will I hear you sing?” Cameron asked nonchalantly as we sipped our coffee, I choked on mine; it sprayed out of my mouth. Unfortunately for Cameron, it went on him. I seriously would have laughed at the disgusted look on Cameron’s face if I wasn’t coughing.  Stupid coffee

“Excuse me?” I choked out “Where did that come from?” I asked as Cameron slapped me on the back, I think he was trying to help.

“Well, you heard my awesome singing” he said dryly “It’s only fair that I hear you.” He said, shrugging.

“Hmm” I said pretending to think “How about never?”

“Aww, come on Aves! I wanna hear you!” he said “I’m sure you aren’t that bad!” he pouted.

“Well, after hearing you, I’m sure nothing could sound worse.”

“I don’t think I sounded completely awful.” He muttered and I just stared at him.

“Cam, you sounded like a dying whale.”

“How do you know what a dying whale sounds like?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow at me.

“I know you sound like a dying animal, and a whale was my best guess.” I shrugged.

“You are so kind to me, Aves. The love is suffocating.” He replied sarcastically.

“I know!” I replied cheekily and Cameron looked at me with an unreadable expression.

“I love-“he said and his eyes widened.

“You love what?” I asked confused.  Why would he just stop his sentence?

“I love….um….peeps. You know, those little marshmallow things? Yeah. I love those” he said awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Ooh! Those are so good! Have you ever had a peep war?”

“No. What’s that?” he asked

“You put two peeps on a plate and stick one toothpick in each of them so it looks like they’re holding a sword, and then you put them in the microwave for like 10 seconds and they’ll get bigger! Whatever one touches the other one with the toothpick first, wins!” I grinned at the memory of Audrey and me having a peep war.  It would have worked, but we put them in for too long and the peeps exploded.  My dad was really mad, but it was so worth it.

“That sounds awesome!” Cameron grinned. “Are you ready to go?” he asked and I nodded, throwing my cup in the trash and grabbing my purse.  Cameron grabbed my hand and we walked out of the café. He held the car door open for me and buckled my seatbelt; I slapped his hand away lightly.

“I have hands you know.  I am perfectly capable of buckling myself in!” I was seriously annoyed.  I hated when people did things for me that I was perfectly able to do myself.  Cameron knew that, too.

“I know, but it’s so fun annoying you!” he grinned at me and I just glared.

“Just drive.” I grumbled and Cameron chuckled.  The ride home was spent listening to the radio and Cameron asking me to sing.

“Please? Please? Do you know this song? Please?” He nagged

“Cameron! No, No, No and No!” I said with my eyes closed. “I’m tired; can you please just let me sleep?” I asked, I wasn’t really going to sleep, but Cameron didn’t have to know that.

“Fine” he sighed and I closed my eyes.  A few minutes later Cameron spoke.

“I know you aren’t sleeping, Aves.  I promise I won’t nag you….much.” he said and I opened my eyes.

“How’d you know I wasn’t really sleeping?”

“Well, you’re breathing wasn’t even, and you looked tense.” Dang it!

“So…whatcha wanna talk about?” I asked

“I dunno…. How was your day?” he asked.

“Pretty good….aside from the fact that my dad enjoys threatening you. Oh! And I heard some pretty awful singing!” I said, enjoying the glare he was giving me.

“Haha, you are hilarious!”

“I know” I sighed like it was the biggest burden in the world “I’m just so funny, it’s unbelievable.” Cameron gave me an amused look and pulled into the driveway.

“So, do you think your dad’s home?” Cameron asked nervously.

“Yes, do you want to come in? I promise, my dad’s harmless.  He’s all bark and no bite….at least when something concerns me.” I said and Cameron relaxed a little.

“Yeah, I’ll come in.” he said and we got out, going into the house.

“Dad? Are you done threatening Cameron?” I asked when we walked in the house.

“I’m not sure yet.” He replied from the couch.  At least this time his gun was nowhere in sight.

“Daaad!” I whined, sending him an irritated look.

“Fine, I’m done” he said when he saw my look.  Smart man.

“Thank you. Do you want to watch a movie?” I asked.

“Yeah, but then I have to go.  My family is coming to town, so I need to get ready for them.  I would really like for you to meet them.” He said, looking at me with pleading eyes.

“I don’t know, Cam.  Do you think they’d like me?” I asked and he looked at me like I grew two heads.

“Are you crazy? Of course they’ll like you!”

“Then….um….yeah” I said and he grinned like an idiot.

************************************************************************************************************************************************ Hey guys, please vote and comment! Thanks!