Chapter 19

RECAP:

~ Ava's father suddenly decided he didn't approve of her and Cameron's relationship. Because of Amelia.

~ Ava gets furious and locks herself in her room, refusing to talk to her father and tells Cameron she needs space.

~ He reluctantly agrees

I'd advise you to re-read the previous chapter if you haven't already.

There's also an author's note at the end.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Three weeks. That's how long it's been since I've spoken to Cameron.

I still had to talk to him when he asked me a question during class, but that was about the extent of our conversations. It had become extremely awkward between the two of us, and I wasn't sure if we were still together or not.

Things had also become extremely strained between my father and I, I barely spoke three words at a time to him, and it was taking its toll on both of us. I had always been so close to my father, but I couldn't get over the fact that I felt like he had betrayed me.

"Okay, you are miserable. You NEED to fix things with your father." Audrey exclaimed at lunch one day. I looked up dully and then looked back down at my soup. She leaned forward and whispered, "and you NEED to talk to Mr. Ross."

"No I don't." I sighed.

"Oh please." She rolled her eyes. "You've hardly eaten anything, I can tell; you've lost weight. And you're acting all depressed...I don't like it."

"Well my dad is making ANOTHER huge mistake by even TALKING to that woman he calls my mother. She's the furthest thing from my mother. Your mom is more of a mother to me than Amelia. My dad is just going to get heartbroken AGAIN when she flakes and walks out on him. I warned him, but he's too freaking smitten by her 'beauty' that he's falling for her apparent charm again." I ranted angrily, slamming my fist on the table, making Audrey jump.

"I should get you talking about Amelia more often...that's the most I've heard you talk in weeks!" She grinned happily.

I shot her a dead look. "I'm so happy that my anger brings you such obvious joy. You're such a great friend."

"Oh stop it, Ava. You're being way too over dramatic. I'm not happy that you're angry, I'm happy that you're actually talking."

"Oh." I sighed. "Sorry."

She shrugged and then stared at me. "How long has it been since you've slept? You look like absolute crap."

"Gee thanks." I muttered dryly.

"Seriously, though."

I groaned and rested my head in my folded arms. "I dunno...two-ish almost three weeks."

"You haven't slept in three weeks?" She asked in surprise.

"I sleep...I just wake up a bunch in the middle of the night."

"Why?" She asked, concern evident in her features.

"I think it's the stress of everything that's been going on..."

"You should go home and try to sleep or something."

"No. SHE'S there." I spat in disgust.

"Why?"

"I didn't tell you?" I smiled sarcastically. "They're DATING now."

"Dating? That's unfortunate."

"I know." I groaned in frustration. The bell rang, signaling that lunch had ended rang. I sighed, picking up my un-eaten soup and tossing it in the trash.

"You should really eat something."

"Not hungry." I shrugged, and we walked to our next class.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

GUYS! I'm SO sorry!!! I hadn't realized that I haven't uploaded this in 9 months. Holy crap, I'm an AWFUL person D: I would explain myself, but I really don't think you'd want to hear it (I blame my ADHD and dysgraphia) I know you probably hate me right now, and I don't blame you. I'm going to try and spend the weekend writing this and attempt to finish it (and give it a decent ending)

Again, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry.

If any of you are still reading this...well, you deserve a medal or trophy or chocolate of some sort.

Oh, and I'm sorry it's short, but I wanted to get a chapter up, especially when @monicalove11 gave me a gentle nudge to update this...I thank her for that...so yeah...bye.