Meeting her father

Ava’s POV

It’s been a week, and I’m still getting threatening texts, at least once a day, usually in the morning and at night.  To make it worse, Wyatt hasn’t been at school, so I can’t confront him.  I’ve barely slept, or ate -I swear I’ve lost at least 10 pounds.  I was currently sitting in English, not paying attention.

“Miss Williams…..Miss Williams!” Thump I looked up, startled to see that Cameron had dropped our heavy English textbook on my desk. “Pay attention, and see me after class.” He said, turning around, concern etched on his face.  The bell rang 15 minutes later and I walked up to his desk.

“Yes, Mr. Ross?” I asked.

“You haven’t been paying attention the past week, you look exhausted and you look like you’re loosing weight.” He said “Are you ok?”

“I’m fine.  I think I’m just getting sick.” I felt bad for lying, but it was the only way to keep him safe.

“Go home and get some sleep” he instructed me and felt my forehead. 

“I don’t have a fever, Cam.  I’m fine.” I said, swatting his hand away.

“Do you want to go to the nurse?” he asked.

“Nah, I’m fine.  Bye!” I said, walking to my next class.  My ankle was fully healed, so I wasn’t limping anymore. 

School finally ended and I walked to the parking lot and waited alone until Cameron, Cooper or Audrey showed up.

What’s a pretty thing like you standing all alone for? Something could happen.

A text from my phone read.  I stopped in my tracks.  He was here, he’s watching me.  I looked around, frantically trying to see if I could spot him. 

Oh, Ava.  You should know that you could never be able to spot me from where you’re standing I took off sprinting for Cameron’s room.  I threw open the door and ran in, shutting it behind me, tears threatening to spill over.

“Ava? Aves! What’s wrong? What happened?” Cameron asked, frantically.

“He’s here…” I choked out.

“Who’s here?” Cameron asked.

“Wyatt…He’s been harassing me all week” I said, my vision blurring, I blinked back the tears

“What do you mean ‘harassing you’? He hasn’t been here all week” Cameron said angrily.

“He’s been texting me….’ I said, tears flowing freely down my face.

“Do you still have the texts?” he asked.

“Some of them” I said, handing him the phone.  He looked through them, cursing under his breath.

“We have to tell someone, Aves.” He said, helping me up and pulling me into his warm embrace, I melted into his arms, feeling safe for the first time in a while.

“I-I can’t!”

“Why not? He’s going to hurt you!” He told me.

“He said if I told anyone, h-he’d hurt someone I c-care about!” I told him, starting to cry about.

“Aves…”

“No! I can’t tell anyone! I already told you!”

“Ava! Listen to me, sweetie.  You have to tell your dad.  He’ll know what to do.” He said, looking me in the eyes.  I just nodded, too drained to argue.  Cameron walked me to his car and helped me in after checking to make sure no one was in it.