Chapter 10

This chapter is going to alternate between Cameron and Ava’s POV a lot.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

Cameron’s POV

“Sir I……” I gulped, looking at him; he leaned forward in his chair, looking at me expectantly with a hard expression on his face and an intense look in his eyes.  He was way beyond angry.

“Please, explain what this is, Mr. Ross.” He said cutting me off and tapping on the photo.

“There is nothing going on between us.” I said confidently.  His expression softened a little, but that intense look was still in his eyes.

“I want to believe you, but this photo makes it very hard to do so.” He told me and I nodded. “Let’s just say, if there is anything going on between the two of you, break it off.  I don’t want to have to fire you and expel her.” He said, my stomach dropped as I took in his words….break it off.

“Yes sir, but I assure you, nothing’s going on between us.” At least, now there isn’t.  I got up and quickly left his office, walking to my car.  When I got in I sighed and put my head on the steering wheel, this day just keeps getting worse and worse, doesn’t it?  This is not going to go over well….I just asked her to be my girlfriend.

Ava’s POV

“Hey Aves!” Audrey said, bounding into my living room and plopping down on the couch next to me.

“Hi!” I said and looked towards the hallway.

“Where’s Cameron? And Cooper?” I asked when I didn’t see them.

“Here I am!” Cooper said grinning and walking into the living room.

“Hi, Cooper.  Where’s Cam?” I frowned when I didn’t see him

“He didn’t want to come.  He said he didn’t feel well.” Audrey said shrugging and picking up the TV remote to flip through the channels.  I frowned and then picked up my cell phone to call Cam.

“Hey, Cam, it’s me…Just calling to check on you, Audrey said you didn’t feel well? Anyways, call me when you get this.” He must really be sick, he always picks up the phone.

Cameron’s POV

Today was awful; I had to go the whole day acting as if nothing’s wrong, especially in Ava and Audrey’s class period.  Audrey is extremely perceptive.

“Mr. Ross?” Audrey asked after class was over

“Yes, Audrey?”

“Are you coming over today?” She asked after making sure no one was still in the classroom.

“Ah…I don’t think so” I said, rubbing the back of my neck. She looked at me, cocking one eyebrow. I removed my hand and cleared my throat. “I don’t feel so great,  I think I’m just going to go home.” I said, it wasn’t a complete lie, I didn’t feel that great, I just wasn’t sick.

“Hmm” She said, tilting her head and studying my face “you didn’t look like you felt that great. You should go home and sleep.”  I didn’t get much sleep last night and I didn’t eat this morning, so I probably could pass for being sick.

“No, I only have one more class after this.” I said shaking my head.

“Bye Mr. Ross! Feel better!” She said happily and waved, leaving my classroom.  She was going to hate me once I break up with Ava.  My last class was a blur, as was my drive home.  I parked in my driveway and trudged to my door, opening it and throwing my keys on the table.  I flopped face down on my couch with a groan, just laying there.  My cell phone rang and I looked at the caller ID: Ava =)  I let out another groan and pushed ignore.  Ignoring her calls was just putting off the inevitable, I needed to just tell her.  My phone dinged a minute later, signaling I had a voicemail.

“Hey, Cam, it’s me…Just calling to check on you, Audrey said you didn’t feel well? Anyways, call me when you get this.” The voicemail said.  I sighed and rubbed my hand over my face before going upstairs to try and sleep.

Ava’s POV

It’s been a week, and according to Audrey, Cam hasn’t been at school.  I called him and got his voicemail. Again.

“Cameron Ross! I realize you’re sick, but you should try checking your phone once in a while.  Call me back. ASAP.” I said and threw my phone on the couch in frustration, that was the 10th call I’ve made to him in three days.  The doorbell rang and I got up slowly to answer it.

“Cam!” I squealed happily and threw my arms around his neck, when he didn’t hug me back, I let go of him and took a step back, frowning slightly. “What’s wrong?”

“We need to talk, Ava” He said and I gulped, those were four words I never wanted to hear in one sentence add that to the fact that he called me by my full name, I was worried.

“Okay…? Let’s go to the living room.” I said and we went to the couch.

“Ava, we’re through.” He said, his expression hard.

“W-what?” I asked, shocked.  I was not expecting that.

He closed his eyes and let out a frustrated and harsh sigh. “We could never work out anyways.  You’re an immature high school student and I’m a college graduate.” He said when he opened his eyes,  I could tell he was lying, but his words cut me like a knife.

“Excuse me?” I shrieked and jumped up too quickly, I clutched my stomach and he put a hand on my arm, looking at me with worry. “Get out” I said through clenched teeth and shrugged his hand off me. “Get out” I repeated, tears welling up in my eyes.

“Ava…”

“Get. Out!” I said, pointing at the door.  He sighed and walked out the door. I picked up the phone and dialed my best friend’s number.

“Audrey? I need you” I said, sniffling, when she picked up..

“Aves? What’s the matter, hon?” she said, worry coating her voice.

“Cameron dumped me!” I wailed into the phone.

“He WHAT?! Hang on, I’m going to get us movies and ice cream.” She told me, sounding furious.

“Thank you. And drive safely.” I told her, I didn’t want her to crash the car. Thirty minutes later, Audrey burst into the living room holding a plastic bag.  I had grabbed a blanket and completely wrapped my self up.

“I figured you wouldn’t want any chick flicks, so I got all the Die hard movies and a bunch of other violent movies.” She said, pulling me into a hug.

“Thank you” I sniffled, she knew me too well.  She got up and put the movie in the DVD player and then gave me a carton of ‘Extreme Moose tracks’

“Did…he” she said his name like it was a dirty word “say why he broke up with you?” She asked.

“He basically said I was too immature for him” I shrugged, tears welling up in my eyes again.

“Idiot” she muttered and grabbed candy from the plastic bag.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

I’m so sorry for leaving you guys on a cliffy last chapter. Don’t hate me! =0

Please vote and comment, and leave any constructive criticism you may have! Thank you!! Oh and if you have any ideas for names for the unnamed chapters, please let me know =)