Chapter 7

Audrey’s POV

I’ve been waiting at my car for nearly 20 minutes, and Ava still hasn’t showed.  I was only going to wait for 10 more minutes, and then I would go to her house and yell at her for ditching me.  After 10 minutes, I called her phone, and it went right to voicemail.  Great, she didn’t charge her phone.

“Ava Williams! You have some explaining to do, Missy.  I’m leaving the school now, so call me when you get this.” I said, snapping my phone shut and getting in my car, driving to her house.

“Hey, Mr. Williams?  Did Ava come home yet?” I asked when I saw her dad.

“No, I thought she was with you.” He said.

“I waited at my car for a half an hour and she never showed.” I said

“Do you think she went with Cameron?” He asked

“Mayb-“I trailed off, my eyes widening. “Cameron and Cooper both have meetings all day.” Her dad got on the phone and called his work, I called Cameron’s phone, I had gotten his number so I could call him if Ava forgot to charge her phone, which was often

“Cameron?” I said when he picked up his phone.

“Audrey?”

“Yeah, listen, is Ava with you or Cooper?” I asked, desperately hoping that he would say yes.

“No” dang it! “We just got done with our meeting.  Isn’t she with you?” He asked, sounding worried.

“No, I waited by my car for almost a half an hour. She never showed.” I said, blinking back tears.

“Did you tell her dad?”

“Yeah, he’s making some calls now.”

”We’re coming over” He said, ending the call.

Cameron’s POV

“Cooper! We have to go! Now!” I said, trying not to sound panicked.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, saying bye to the teacher her was talking to.

“I’ll explain on the way” I said, practically running out the door, Cooper on my heels.

“What’s wrong?” He asked when we got in the car.

“Ava’s missing!” I almost yelled.

“Get out of the driver’s seat” he told me

“What? Why?” I asked, getting out.

“Because you’re too upset to drive, and you’d probably end up hitting an elderly person crossing the street.” He said.  I got in the passengers seat he drove us to Ava’s house.  Audrey flung open the door when she heard the car pull up, her eyes were red and puffy from crying.  Cooper got out and pulled her into a brotherly hug, she just cried.  I felt like doing the same, but the only other person around was her dad, and that would be weird.  “Cameron,” Her dad said, he looked frantic.

“Is there anything they can do?” I asked, hoping he’d say yes.

“No” He said, looking angry.

“What? But you’re the sheriff.  Isn’t there anything they can do?” I asked

“No, she has to be missing for 24 hours.  There are people looking though.” He said.

“Are you really going to sit around and wait, or are you going to help me look for her?” I asked.

“No, I’m looking for her.” He said, determined.