Chapter 14

Ava’s POV

“Do you wanna come in?” I asked Cameron when he parked in my driveway; he was driving me home because Audrey had to go to work.

“Of course!” he grinned at me, taking his seatbelt and put his hand on the door handle to open it.

“Hold on.” I said, putting my hand on his shoulder “My dad isn’t really your, um biggest fan right now.  Let me just go warn him.” I explained and got out of the car, dashing into the house.

“Daddy?” I asked opening the door.

“In here, Aves” He called from the kitchen. “How was school?” he asked and put the newspaper that he was reading on the table.

“It was great, actually…listen, umm…Cam and I kind of….made up and he’s in the car….I invited him in.” I explained

“That’s fine” he said through clenched teeth, his hands were in fists on top of the table.

“Wait! Where’s your gun?” I asked

“In my belt.” He muttered.

“Give it to me.” I said and put my hand out.

“but-“

“No. now.”

“But-“

“Dad! Give me the stupid gun!” I shouted in frustration. He sighed and pulled his gun out, clicking on the safety, “Thank you” I said and put the gun up on the bookcase.  I ran back outside to find Cameron rocking out to the radio, singing and dancing the best he could sitting down.

You would, you would if this was a movie

Stand in the rain outside 'til I came out

Come back, come back, come back to me like

You could, you could if you just said you're sorry

I know that we could work it out somehow

But if this was a movie you'd be here by now!”  I listened to him belt out the lyrics to the Taylor Swift song and had to clap my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing out loud.  I let out a snort and his eyes snapped over to me, widening in surprise.

“H-hey, Aves….how long were you, um, standing there?” He asked, his cheeks turning a bright red.

“Hahahahaha Taylor Swift?” I asked clutching my aching stomach “Hahahahaha” I was still laughing at the memory of his awful singing.

“Are you done now?” he glared playfully at me and got out of the car.

“Y-yes” I said, wiping a tear from the corner of my eye. “I’m sorry it’s just…Taylor Swift?” I asked, cocking an eyebrow at him.

“Well…I….um…she…..umm….hey, how’d your dad react when you told him I was coming?” he asked, changing the subject.

“I took his gun, he seemed pretty mad about you coming in, but he'll just have to get over it.  I do think it’s going to take way more time to win him over than it’ll take to win me over, though.” I said as we walked into my house.

“Hello, Cameron.” my dad said, sitting on the couch.

“Dad!” I exclaimed.  He was sitting on the couch, cleaning his gun.  I seriously thought I put that away. “How’d you get that down?”

“Ava…you’re 5’3”; I’m 6’1”. Do the math, sweetheart.” He replied, not looking up at me.

“I’m so sorry, Cam.” I said, turning to him. “You wanna go somewhere else?” I asked hopefully.  My dad is absolutely unbelievable.

“Sure, if you want. We’ll have to go further away so no one catches us.  Is that okay?” He asked, glancing nervously at my dad.  I nodded, grabbing his hand and pulling him out the door, all the while I was glaring at my dad.

“We’re talking later” I said to my dad; he just looked at me innocently. “So, are you going to give me another show?” I asked when we got in the car; he glared at me and turned on the radio.

“Haha. Very funny.” He answered dryly, pulling out of the driveway and driving towards our destination.

“I’m sorry; just don’t quit your day job.” I giggled and pat the hand that was on the armrest.

“What?” he said in mock shock. “You don’t think I could become a professional singer?”

“Auto-tuning can only fix so much, Cam” I giggled again. He looked at me in mock outrage.

“I think I have an awesome voice!” he replied, pulling into a starbucks two towns over.

“Mmhmm, and in this world you’ve created, is the grass also blue?” I asked, cocking an eyebrow in his direction.

“Nah, it’s purple.” He answered holding open the door to Starbucks for me.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

I REALLY like this chapter….please vote and comment if you have time! Thanks.  Oh and check out the stories by AddictingFanFiction. K, bye!