Chapter 12: Does he Know?

Anna's POV

Wes starts growing beautiful blonde hair just like his father. He does cry at night- a lot. Kristoff insists that we should take turns getting up, or that just he will get up. But I object. "Sometimes,"I say, "I enjoy it." He smiles. "Well, looks like I'm gonna have to see what I'm missing out on eh?" I nod and attempt a smile. I really don't want him having to get up. He went looking for Ella when I couldn't, this is my way of saying thank you.

The sun rises many times and makes Wes' blonde hair shiny. He looks like the moon when it glows. Wes eventually turns one, then two,and then three. We have decided to tell him about his sister when he is eight. Ella. She is fifteen. I just start crying at the dinner table one night. Elsa, who has been searching so hard that she couldn't walk for a week because she had walked for two weeks with only a few hours of sleep so her feet got really sore so the nurse just told her to rest, came and gave me a hug. Anyway, everyone else came around and we all just hugged for what seemed like only a few seconds. Ten minutes. Ten minutes is how long we hugged. We don't finish our meals. We go straight to bed. Wes goes to his "big-boy-bed" and lays down singing a little song.

"Do you want to build a snowman?
C'mon let's go and play,
I never see you anymore,
Come out the door,
It's like you've gone away!
I want to be best buddies,
Right now we're not,
I wish you would tell me why!"

He knows about Ella. "Wes," I whisper. He freezes. "Who are you singing about?" I ask him. He smiles," my sister." Is he imagining things. "You have a sister?" I ask him. "Yes," he says,"I saw mommy holding her in the picture." I bite my lip hard. There's an awkward silence after this. "Mommy, can I lay with you and daddy," he asks scared. "Sure, come here honey," I tell him reaching out my arm. He runs towards me on his chubby toddler legs. He grabs hold of my arm and I swing him up onto the bed. "Wes," I whisper," I love you." He giggles. " I love you too mommy," he says half asleep.

Ella's birthday. That's all that comes to mind. Sixteen. Tomorrow. She has been gone for four whole years. Wow. Wes knows about her. At least I think he does. He's a smart kid, so I decide to ask him about it.

"Wes."
"Yes mommy?"
"Do you have a sister?"
"Yes mommy."
"Do you know her?"
"I only see her in paintings mommy."
"What does she look like?"
"The baby one has brown hair and the big girl one has white hair."
"Do you know why her hair is different?"
"No mommy."
"How do you know that they're the same people."
Because they were both with you and their eyes were the same and they both had the same crown on."
"Good Wes!"

I hug him as he leaves the room. He knows.

Today is Ella's birthday. We decide to do something special. We are going to go looking for her for one weeks straight and have a huge search party like event.

Elsa's POV

How could I be so stupid?

Anna's POV

Elsa comes running into the living area laughing and crying and angry looking. She's mad at herself. Kristoff and I stand up immediately. "I know," she whispers. We all start crying. She moves the curtain and I see in plain sight where I will be journeying for the next few days. The North Mountain.

_____________________________________________________________________

Yay, they know where she is but will they bring her back? Vote, comment, follow. Feedback of any sort helps.