Chapter 9: Moving on?

Ella's POV

I've been on my own for a few months. They were rough and hard and I almost wanted to go back. But I told myself that I've made a commitment. I tried to keep track of how long I've been gone, but I lost track at about 28 or so. I haven't seen Olaf in a few days. He stays in a cave down the mountain side a little. I made him a snowman friend a few days after I ran away. Her name is Tara. She is my first snowman. I am proud of her. She is kind and sweet. Olaf and her are best friends. I am not that lonely, I just play with my powers and Olaf, Tara, and we like to have snowball fights. We also like to sled down the mountain on little ice sleds that I make. I can do anything with these powers. I can even make a house, but right now, I just live in a cave at the top of the North Mountain. It's pretty decent, with the ice doors I made at the open end. I also doodle on the walls with white rocks. It's like chalk on the dark, gray walls of the cave.

I do miss my family. Lots. But I've moved on. I think. I don't know. I miss them every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every stinking year. I tell myself I don't, but I know, deep down in my frozen heart, that I do. But I just can't stand the thought of them mourning me. I don't want to be the one that stops them from ever moving on.

I'm very surprised that they don't know where I am. I thought it would be obvious. Isn't it? So then why don't they come? Why? Then I think a horrible thought. Maybe they're lost, or they got injured, or they're, even worse, dead. I quickly stop thinking.

---Two days later---

I realized something. I need something, someone, to comfort me. I'm lonely. I need humans, not talking snowmen and snow-women. I want to get someone, but I can't. I can't ever go back. I lean my hand against the side of the cave. I feel something and quickly turn to see that ice has spread along the side where I put my hand. I pull it back without hesitation. I need to control this.

_____________________________________________________________________

Give me 1000 reads, I'll give you a special twist. I'm sorry, I didn't have a whole lot of time to write that one. I just thought it was taking a while so I updated. Any feedback would help!