Chapter 10: Welcoming Wes

Anna's POV

---4 months later---

I look into the eyes of a precious little boy that I call mine. Mine. Kristoff laughs as the baby sneezes. It's so adorable. He crinkles up his little nose and closes his little green eyes. I brush his dark hair out of his face as I hand him to Kristoff. He smiles and kisses me on my forehead. "We need to name him," I say trying to think of a name. He looks thoughtful for a second. "Wes," he says looking into his eyes. I smile and nod. "Wes," I say to myself. The nurse walks into the room. "You can leave tomorrow night,"she tells us,"we just need to make sure she's healthy." I nod," sounds good," I say. Tonight, I get to sleep in peace, knowing that my newborn son is safe and sound. That tonight he will get to spend his first night in the world.

"He's a monster too, we have to do something," I hear one of the nurses whispering," we can't let anyone know." What are they doing? "Well, we can poison him," one of them suggests. I try to get up and get them but I can't. I can't even talk. I choke on my grief and tears as I struggle to get up but I can't, I don't know why. One of the nurses comes into the room and I act like I was asleep. "Darling, we know your secret," she says in her most daring voice. I struggle even more. "You can't stop us," she says," no one else is here to hear your screams."

I wake up screaming the next morning.

Kristoff's POV

I rush into her hospital room. I heard her screaming. "You all right," I ask. She nods. "Wes," she barely says. I understand to go check on him. He's fine. I go tell Anna. She is still shaken up. I go and get a nurse. The nurse says nothing. "You're fine," I tell Anna.,"The nurse would do something if it wasn't okay." She has a hard time believing me though. I shake my head. "Anna, it is fine," I say each word individually. She still looks unsure, but less worried. Ella. This is a major distraction. It will give her a reason to be calm. To not go looking every day. She will have to take care of Wes.

Anna's POV

I don't know why Kristoff isn't upset too until I realize that it was just a dream. That it was my creative imagination making up horror stories in my head. That I was the only one seeing them, that no one else knew about them. I look around the room for the first time. It is just like my room but a lot smaller. I have my bed, a bedside table, a piece of parchment tacked to the wall, and a small crib in the corner of the room. I have a window with a beautiful view of Arendale, I can see the sea and North Mountain. Villagers come to see me everyday. They bring flowers, delicacies, especially chocolates, and cards. I am so happy and flattered until I open the last card.

Princess Anna,
We are happy and proud of you. We would like to welcome Prince Wes to the world. Although, we would like to notify you that our son went looking for your daughter last night. Guess he couldn't stand her being gone either.
Sincerely,
Ida

Ella. Still missing. Another person gone too. "Kristoff," I whisper as he passes by. I hand him the letter, he reads it, and his mouth drops open. "Another?" he asks. I nod. "We will have to notify guards, and I must talk to this Ida lady, whoever she may be," I tell him as he walk out to find some guards or anybody.

After the longest hours of my life, I get to finally leave the hospital. The nurse wheels me out in a wooden wheelchair, I tried to object, but she wouldn't agree. When I finally get back to my room, I get up. I give a sigh of relief. "Home, sweet home," I say. "Honey, you've been in the palace the entire time, just in a different wing," he tells me. I nod, "true, but not my room," I say to my husband as I accept Wes, who he hands to me. I laugh as he touches the tip of my nose. "Tomorrow, I go talk to Ida," I say aloud. I grap a piece of parchment and make a to-do list.

Anna's to-do list
- talk to Ida
- send invites for Wes' going-out party
- talk to seamstress about clothes for Wes

I can't think of anything else. I take Wes into the nursery. Kristoff follows me. I sit in the wooden rocking chair in the corner and start rocking him to sleep singing a little song. An Austrian folk song. (I think)

"Edelweiss, edelweiss,
Every morning you greet me,
Small and white, clean and bright,
You look happy to meet me.
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow,
Bloom and grow forever.
Edelweiss, edelweiss,
Bless my homeland forever."

He's sound asleep when I finish. I have tears in my eyes when I look into the mirror in my room. Kristoff walks up from behind me and wraps his strong arms around me. I think of my daughter. Alone. But we must go forward in life. We will find her though, someday. We climb into bed and I cry myself to sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________

Was that longer? Yay. Umm, I am nowhere near finished. Halfway? Almost. Well, please comment and vote and follow. Feedback is always helpful! ;)