Part 18

My plan with Matt went down hard the first day back to school. I almost felt bad for Nash. His face fell when he saw Matts arm wrapped around my waist. He looked like he wanted to look away, but he couldn’t. He didn’t say anything though.

He didn’t turn up for Science either, I didn’t bother look for him this time. But my teacher made me well aware that our project had to be done soon, and was going to count for 25% of our final grade.

But on the upside, being Matt Espinosa’s girlfriend was quite an experience.

I walked the corridors confidently, with our hands locked together. People stared, girls shot me looks of jealousy and hatred. I didn’t really care though. People were suddenly nicer to me because of my new ‘social status’. I didn’t care about that either, just because people were now being nice to me, didn’t mean I was going to start caring about any of them.

But then day two came along, and Nash walked in those doors with a girl by his side too. Not just any girl, the schools number one bitch. Alexa. I hated her with a passion before, we used to be friends once upon a time but then I realised she’s a back stabbing whore and we stop talking, and I hated her even more now.

Nash picked her on purpose, he was trying to hurt me.

She smirked at me as she passed, raising her eyebrows and pursing her lips.

Matt noticed the distaste on my face from where he leaned against my locker. He have me a look.

“What?” I snapped.

“Relax,” he soothed, taking my hand in his, “We’ll make it through today.”

“Yeah, I hope so,” I murmured.

*****

By the time lunch rolled around I had almost forgotten about Nash and Alexa. But that was until, I had to sit at the same table as them, and watch them eat each others faces instead of their food. I rolled my eyes as Gilinsky slid into the seat beside me.

“Hey kiddo,” he said ruffling my hair.

“Jack we’ve been over this,” I laughed, “I’m not your teenage son.”

“Yeah, yeah,” He chuckled, “What’s up with them?” He asked nodding towards where Nash and his new slut sat across from us.

“Oh you mean besides giving each other Herpes?” I said sarcastically. Jack laughed and Nash pulled back.

“I heard that,” Alexa commented.

“You were meant to,” I said, my tone marching hers.

“Have you got a problem?” She said, flicking her blonde hair behind her shoulder.

“Nope,” I said popping the p, “I would ask you the same thing but we’d be here all day listing out your problems.”

Jack whistled, laughing and high giving Matt beside him.

“Whatever,” She hissed.

“Ooh, good one,” I said rolling my eyes again, Nash sniggered a bit but quickly shut up when Alexa shot him the death glare.

“Ugh, c’mon Nash let’s go,” She said dragging him to his feet and pulling him away.

“Bye bitch,” I said wiggling my fingers at her. She gave me the middle finger as she marched away.

*****

The rest of the week was no different. The battle of the couples continued, with Nash ignoring me and Alexa making constant digs at me.