Part 3

I could feel the eyes on me as I walked through the schools main entrance. This was a new thing. People usually didn’t pay me any attention. I wasn’t unattractive, but I never did anything to show off. I always favoured comfortable clothes over the “latest fashion”. I didn’t usually wear a whole lot of makeup because hey, who was I trying to impress? But today was different. Today, the air felt tighter, more claustrophobic, as though people’s gazes were suffocating me. But I held my head high and managed to strut through those doors in my six inch heels and tight black dress, which I played down with a denim jacket. But of course that wasn’t enough, I had to go all out and curl my hair and wear full makeup with bright, blood red lipstick. And boy was I making a scene.
Boys I didn’t even recognise smiled at me in the corridor. Girls gave me filthy looks that practically screamed “whore.” But hey, as long as I was pretending to be “all that” I didn’t have to care about their opinions.
I made it to my locker without a whole lot of excitement, besides catching a few peoples eyes, nothing else had changed. But as I reached into my bag and began to pull out books, I felt someone behind me. And I was greeted with a low wolf whistle and Matthew Espinosa’s bright face. “Well good morning beautiful,” he said as his eyes raked over my body.
I raised my eyebrows. His compliment was sweet I suppose but we had never really talked before and I wasn’t in the “making friends” mood. I was on a mission and that was to find Nash, so I could crush him like the worm he is.
But Matt was friends with Nash. He could be a way in. And I didn’t have the same hatred for Matt as I had for Nash and some of the others in their group. So I played along.
“Oh hey there Matt, what’s new?” I said with an innocent smile on my face.
“Besides your body which you’ve clearly been hiding?” He still was looking me up and down. “It looks even better under my dress babe,” I said dropping my left eye in a wink.
His eyes widened at my comment. He, like everyone else, was wondering what happened to the shy, terrified girl that hid in the bathrooms. “See ya around Matt,” and with that I walked away leaving him speechless. Well it hadn’t even been first class and this was already a great start to the new me.
*******

The classes ran into each other as I counted them down until it was time for science. Which was straight after lunch. So as I sat at the table with my friends, I turned to my friend Mahogany and asked her for advice on how to get Nash’s attention. Mahogany was one of those people who was bubbly and bright and seemed to know everything about everyone. She was just so nice that everyone liked her. “Well,” she began, “I’ve only talked to him a few times but I’ve been at parties with him before. But let me warn you, he’s not really the ‘dating’ kind of guy, he’s more the type to hook up and then kick you out the next morning, so it’ll take a lot of effort to get him to want to start a relationship. But the one thing I can tell you, is that Nash loves what he can’t have.”

I thought about this as I looked over to his lunch table. He still hadn’t seen my ‘transformation’ yet. Although I had heard from Alex in my English that apparently Nash was looking for me earlier. Probably to try to trip me up in front of his friends. That’s how it usually goes on Tuesdays. But right now, he was at his table, laughing and shouting with his friends. I picked some of them out, Taylor, who was currently in a heated debate with Shawn and the Jacks about music. Aaron who looked bored. And Cameron and Carter who were making flirty comments with the girls who were surrounding them. And of course Matt, who caught my eye as I was staring at him. He winked at me and made a kissy face. I laughed and flicked my hair in a way that was meant to look girly and flirty. It seemed to work because he started gesturing for me to come over.

I nervously wiped my palms on my dress. Pretending to be someone else or not, their table was intimidating. But I smiled at Mahogany, excusing myself, who was talking to my friend Jacob anyway and began to walk over. I flicked my hair over my shoulder and walked straight to Matt who gave me a cheeky grin and made room for me to sit beside him. Across the table from him, I had just caught Nash’s attention. There was currently some blonde girl who was practically straddling him trying to get his attention. But right now his eyes were on me. His face was in complete astonishment. He looked at me slowly. His jaw was slack and his mouth hung open. The blonde girl who was trying to push her cleavage in his face looked annoyed at my interruption. But her desperate attempts to get Nash’s eyes back to her reminded me that I had to play hard to get. I had to make him want me.

So without another glance in his direction, I turned and began mindlessly chatting with Matt. We made stupid jokes throughout lunch and laughed so hard my stomach hurt. The entire time I felt Nash glance in our direction every few seconds and his eyes would narrow and he’d clench his jaw. Probably didn’t like me interfering with his friends. Towards the end of lunch, I had gotten to know Matt pretty well, he had his arm around my waist as we talked about the our schools football game that was on this Friday. “So are you gonna go?” He asked me,” I’ll be playing.” He winked. “Well as much as I like the idea of you getting all hot and sweaty, I’m not sure if I can.” I said with a smile. “Aww c’mon please? There’s a party on after, you can go with me?” He pursed his lips in mock sadness. From across the table Nash raised his voice, “She clearly doesn’t want to go Matt so just drop it. And who said I’d even let her come to my party?” Oh of course it was one of Nash Griers famous house parties. His parents were away a lot and he lives in this massive house, so he throws big parties most weekends. I’d never been to one before though.

My eyes met with Nash’s. He looked away. I was getting to him. Slowly. “You know what?” I turned back to Matt. “Turns out I have no plans for Friday. If we can’t go to that party, maybe we could do something with just me and you?” I fluttered my eyelashes and ran my hand up his arm. Nash groaned and said, “Ugh, fine, your both coming to my house. End of.” And then proceeded to push the blonde bimbo off of him and storm out of the cafeteria. “What crawled up his ass?” Matt laughed. “No idea,” I said looking towards where Nash had been sitting. “Text me babe,” Matt said handing me my phone. I had been in such a daze that I hadn’t even realised he’d taken it.

*******

I kept wondering what was Nash’s problem was as I walked to class. Well I guess I was about to find out because as I walked in to my Science room, sitting at the back with a death glare in my direction was none other than Nash Grier.

A/N - Please send all feedback to my tumblr magconexposed.tumblr.com Thanks for reading, stay awesome :-)