Part 5

After leaving my Science class I put on a pair of sunglasses, flicked my hair and began walking towards the exit of the school. Man, I felt good. The end of the afternoon sun was setting as I turned around and remembered I had books to get out of my locker.

There were still students in the hallways, chatting and laughing about the weekend. I made it to my locker and noticed a familiar figure leaning against it. I expected it to be Nash but it wasn’t. It was Matt of all people. He smirked at me as I approached him. I returned the grin.

“Matthew Espinosa,” I said to him, “to what do I owe the pleasure?”

“Well I was just wondering if you were still on for Friday?” He watched me as I packed the books into my bag.

“Well I agreed to go didn’t I? Any reason you’re double checking?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Nothing in particular,” he said, “it’s just Nash kind of told me that you really didn’t want to go with me and that you just agreed because you feel sorry for me?”

Well this was news to me. So now Nash was trying to sabotage my chances with Matt? Either he seriously hated me or he was seriously jealous. Either way this pissed me off.

“Oh did he say that? Well I can’t imagine why he would,” I stepped closer to Matt so there was hardly any space between us, “I personally think you’re pretty great.”

He smiled at me and pushed my back to the locker, “Well I don’t know where you’ve been hiding but I’m glad you’re not anymore.” I could feel his breath on my face.

Matt was pulled back from me by a strong arm. Carter stood behind him.

“Dude c’mon we’re leaving.”

Behind Carter were Taylor and Gilinsky. Leaning against the wall behind them were Cam and Nash.

I looked at Nash but he avoided my eyes. He looked bored and disinterested. Yeah he could act like he didn’t care but I remember how he blushed as I touched his leg.

I closed my locker and turned to face them again.

“Well see you Friday Matt,” I said holding his arm. I smiled and began to walk away.

I heard someone call my name and I spun back around.

“Wait,” Matt said,”Do you need a ride back home?”

I thought about it and then decided why not.

“Yeah, sure that’d be great.” I walked back towards him. He reached his hand out to me but before I could take it Carter raised his voice “But Matt I told Shawn we’d be there for his rehearsal and if we wanna make it on time, we have to go now.”

Before either me or Matt could say anything, Nash said, “I’ll take her.”

I felt my stomach drop. Why would he want to take me home? What was he planning? Matt didn’t seem to have much of a choice but to agree. And neither did I as it seemed because Nash strode over and grabbed me by the elbow and pulled my hand out of Matts. He then half dragged me to the entrance of the school before I could say another word to Matt or any of the other boys.

He lead me outside to his car. He opened the door and threw me inside. We drove to my house in silence. Except for occasionally asking me which turn to take. The silence was killing me. I could practically taste the tension in the air. Nash’s knuckles were white as he clenched the wheel. It was starting to get darker outside already when he pulled into my drive.

“Thanks for the lift,” I muttered as I started to get out. But I soon realised that I couldn’t because the doors were locked. I turned towards Nash who wasn’t looking at me. “Can you open the door?” I asked in a sarcastic voice. He ignored me. I jiggled the handle. It was starting to worry me that he wouldn’t let me out. But I wouldn’t let him see that. But before I could say anything else, he turned and looked at me. His jaw locked. He then unbuckled his belt and closed the space between us. He leaned across so my back was pressed into the locked car door. His nose was nearly touching mine. His dark eyes stared straight at me. He smirked and I swear he could hear my heartbeat quicken.

“Just remember sweetheart,” he whispered, “that you brought all of this on yourself.” And with that his hand came up behind my back and unlocked the door. I practically fell out because I was leaning on it so heavily. I walked up the steps to my house as I heard Nash rev the engine of his car. But just as I unlocked the door to my house and was about to step inside, he rolled the window down. “Sweet dreams babe,” he shouted with raised eyebrows and a sly smile.

But he didn’t leave me with sweet dreams. He left me tossing and turning all night wondering what his next move would be and what on earth was going to happen next.

A/N - Please send all feeback to my tumblr magconexposed.tumblr.com Thanks for reading, stay awesome ;-)