Part 16

I woke up and once again, didn’t recognise where I was. I rubbed my eyes and blinked through the sleepy haze that surrounded me. I went to stretch when my arm hit off something solid.

My eyes widened as I slowly turned my head to see a heavily breathing Nash. His eyes were shut and his arm was firmly wrapped around my waist. Pinning me to the bed.

I suddenly became very aware of every tiny movement my body was making. Careful not to wake the dragon. Memories of Nash being as kind and fluffy as a marshmallow last night, flooded through my brain.

God knows the boy has more mood swings than a girl on her period. So it was more than likely that he could wake up and scream at me for existing. So I decided that I should probably leave before he forces me to.

I slowly began to scoot towards the edge of the bed. But I soon found I couldn’t go any further because his arm had tightened instinctively around my waist. Nudging me back into his embrace. Part of me wanted to close my eyes and go back to sleep in Nash’s arms. And just let things resolve themselves for once.

But then again I was currently in bed with the person who used to laugh at me for every mistake I ever made, so I figured leaving was still my best option.

I pulled back the covers, revealing the top half of our bodies. I struggled but managed to unlatch his fingers from my torso.

He had taken his shirt off during the night and was currently in only his boxers. That just made it even harder to convince myself to leave. But I re-gathered my thoughts after staring at him for a solid few minutes.

I saw how perfect he looked as he slept. The usual crease between his eyebrows was gone, all his problems fading in his sleep. His normally tousled hair was now messily hanging in his face, stray strands blocking his eyes. His rosy lips were parted slightly as he sighed every now and then. His body was sprawled out across the entire bed in a way that only a teenage boy could manage.

There was a slight gap from where my smaller frame had fit in perfectly against his side. I cursed under my breath at my stubbornness. If I was any other girl I would have climbed back in beside him. But no, I was me. And that meant I had to leave.

I took one glance back at this usually angry sleeping boy and creaked the door open slightly, before shutting it behind me as I left. As I walked down the hall to the other room the first thing I noticed was the lack of bodies lying asleep on the floor. Usually after these parties, there was people asleep everywhere, but right now the house was practically empty.

I was even more confused when I arrived at the room that all the boys usually hung out in. Because it was completely empty. Other than a few stray couch pillows and bits of food lying around, there was no sign that anyone had been there last night.

I shrugged it off and grabbed my bag to bring with me to the bathroom, I freshened up in there as always and began to make my way towards the front door.

I just rounded the corner to the kitchen when I crashed head first into a body.

"Aggggh!" They yelped, their voice cracking as we both stumbled backwards. I caught my balance and realised I was face to face with a smaller version of Nash.   

"Who are you?!" I panted, clutching my chest and trying to slow my breathing.

"Shouldn’t I be asking you that, seeing as how you’re in my house?!” He accused, he looked younger than Nash, but he clearly had the same genes because he was just as attractive.

I eyed him suspiciously for a little longer but I figured if I wanted to leave before Nash woke up then I better tell him my name and the fact that I was Nash’s ‘friend’.