Get Dizzy On Caffeine • 25

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
2ND POV
1/3/18

   "I want the pain to stop."
–Anonymous

"Lord Megatron," Shockwave addressed his master almost immediately. He kneeled in front of Megatron in respect, his helm bowed like the rest of him.

"Shockwave!" The warmonger cheered sinisterly, "This is quite an unexpected turn! I'd thought you perished on Cybertron." His words became spoken with more anger as the large mech spoke. The seeker increased his grip on your arm and took a step backwards.

"Y-yes, a-a-as did we all," Starscream commented as Megatron sent a glare his way. His faceplates paled as he piercing red optics behind large and helpless.

"Reports of my demise were greatly premature. A pair of Autobots infiltrated my facility on Cybertron, sabotaging my space bridge. I gave chase, but failed to accurately calculate the outcome. I awoke in the rubble, blinded. It soon became clear that I was marooned on our dead planet, with no means of communication. In time, I repaired my wounds and resumed my experiments. The solitude enabled me to make tremendous advances in my research. Until, one day, my instruments detected a massive surge of unidentifiable energy. I traveled to investigate its origin, at the edge of the Sea of Rust, where I encountered your salvage team, and the smoldering wreckage or the Omega Lock. But this was not the search party I had anticipated so long ago," Shockwave finished explaining his tragic experience. Except he wasn't exactly finished, "Leaving one unanswered question: Why was I left for scrap? Abandoned. Why?"

Megatron moves aside as Shockwave addressed the second-in-command that clutches your arm. It felt as if he was attempting to cut off the circulation of your energon. He suddenly released you as the emotionless cyclops drew nearer to him.

"The explosion! It collapsed the Power Core chamber! The last thing anyone witnessed was you charging into the space bridge portal! No one saw you come back out!" Starscream quickly claimed.

"I find your reply to be . . . logical." Shockwave backed off and removed his menacing gaze from the frightened male seeker. The seeker sighed in relief as the scientist and his master turned around and began walking away.

"But you will be pleased to know that I avenged your seeming demise by personally terminating the Autobot, Cliffjumper!" The SIC spoke up proudly. He laughed nervously afterwards.

"Careful, Starscream." Knockout continued to watched the scene with boredom showing clearly on his expression. His arms were crossed and he rolled his ruby optics as he kept talking sarcastically, "You may dislocate a landing gear patting yourself on the back." You would've snickered in response, if it weren't for your abrupt desire to stay as unnoticed as possible when you saw the cyclops engineer.

You had, however, noticed the unique looking mech had taken a good look at your curvy frame when he arrived. You weren't exactly sure on how to feel about that.

"As Megatron's first lieutenant, allow me to be the first to welcome you back to the winning team," Starscream offered as he left your side. You felt a little bit more lonely than before, when the spot to your right had been filled by a person rather than thin air.

"And allow me to clarify a new chain of command," the ex-gladiator added as he turned to face you all again. "While Starscream will retain authority over military operations, Shockwave will be my first lieutenant in charge of all scientific endeavors."

"So, you're saying that we will each report directly to you?" The seeker came forwards with his wings cast down as he motioned towards the engineer. You could tell he wasn't exactly excited about it, but was too scared to actually confront the Decepticon leader about it directly.

"Affirmative," Megatron replied briefly, being walking through the automatic doors. Shockwave followed behind him, along with Knockout, and then you.

"Absolutely logical, my liege," you heard the slender mech grumble angrily before coming up behind you.

"Shockwave's toadying is so transparent," Starscream grumbled unhappily as he continuedsearching through the stream of data on his monitor. "Megatron's respect is earned through deeds, not words." You leaned against the wall beside him, only keeping company because of how uncomfortable the newcomer made you feel. So far, you nearly regretted even choosing to do it.

"So is yours, hypocrite. Keep looking for something worthwhile," You ordered him with a scoff. You felt done with him already. Couldn't this day go any faster?

"Don't order me around! I am your superior! Useless, useless, useless . . ." By useless, you knew your not-quite-a-friend-or-acquaintance-or-ally of a coworker meant both you and Shockwave. He continued scrolling through and observing the statistics onscreen as he typed on the holographic keyboard.

"Says the mech who held onto me like it was the end of the world," You mumbled with a roll of your optics. Starscream groaned again, this time at you.

"Oh yeah, says you. Says the femme who's so traumatized and keeps acting like a human female on her cycle," The seeker scoffed in response. He continued to mentally rant about humans and Bots, considering his mouth was busy insulting you. Billions of cameras in the hands of those miserable humans. One of them is bound to catch an Autobot eventually, he thought.

"Excuse you? What in the Pits is that supposed to mean?!" You asked offendedly. He had no right to compare you to such a thing! Your behavior did not mirror that of a fleshy being who woke up in a pool of her own blood for an entire week every month of the year from one of her own organs making mild contractions as it tries to murder itself from around ages twelve to fifty!

"'Excuse you!'" He mocks, doing a little shimmy with his shoulders.

   "I can't believe I haven't scrapped you yet," you spat hatefully.

   "Ooh, look what we have here!" Starscream chuckled in delight at the fuzzy and dark picture of Ratchet, the Autobot medic. "Lord Megatron, I have found something of great interest!" You only caught a glance of the photo before you turned your attention to the approaching Decepticon warmonger. The seeker moved aside so your master could see it, announcing, "An Autobot!" Yet, it wasn't at all. There was just a screaming animal in place of the original photo.

   "Starscream, if that's an Autobot, then I'm a Cyber Angel," you said sarcastically. You rolled your optics and crossed your arms again, cocking out a hip for extra sass. Knockout let out a laugh but shut up after a look from Megatron.

   "Wait, what?! It was just here!" The SIC cried out, rushing back to the keyboard. "Surely one of you saw it!"

"Starscream. You would do well to take a cue from Soundwave on occasion, and keep things to yourself!" Megatron scolded him. The SIC sighed and returned his attention to the computer screen.

"'Vow of silence. Such a cop out," Starscream grumbled as he continued to type and search the web.

"Lord Megatron," Shockwave addressed his master, "surely our Autobot prisoner is a better source of information than this primitive data-net." The second-in-command scoffed and spoke up against the new lieutenant.

"I'll have you know, Shockwave, that I have been grinding Wheeljack for days. If he knew anything, he would've spilled it by now," he said, turning around to face his leader once again.

"Like he said before, Starscream, some people are better at holding their tongue than others," you pointed out with a servo on your hip. He shot you a glare and growled in response.

"Perhaps you would have better results if, instead of a club, you used a scalpel," The scientist suggested. He turned back to Megatron, "I recommend a Cortical Psychic Patch."

It was soon revealed that the Patch didn't reveal any new information. Wheeljack had no knowledge of anyone or anything. Starscream soon ordered his execution, which ended up failing. What an idiot, you thought.