Free To Run • 8

CHAPTER EIGHT
2ND POV
12/2/17

"We mature with damage, not with years."
      –Anonymous

   "The coordinates indicate that the second of these four Iacon relics lies at the very bottom of this world." Megatron announced, watching Soundwave work. You and Dreadwing stood side by side a couple paces behind your great leader.

   "I will journey to the ends of this or any world to serve your will, Lord Megatron." Dreadwing answered dutifully.

   "Yeah, something like that." You said, raising optic ridge at your teammate. You stood straight with your servos clasped behind your back. Though you were present and looking like a true captain, your processor was elsewhere. Would Alcor be okay staying alone again? Would he escape? Go through a ground bridge?

   "Then return with my prize, both of you, and prove you are more worthy of your positions than those who have proceeded you." The warmonger hissed, bringing you back to reality. He turned to face you as he talked menacingly.

   You honestly couldn't tell why anyone followed him anymore. Probably because they were all psychopaths.

   "Yes, Lord Megatron." You and his lieutenant replied, careful to keep the sigh you released silent. This would all work out, or so you kept telling yourself.

On your mission with Dreadwing you were, finding nothing in the frozen wasteland so far. It wasn't the best place Earth had to offer, but you knew nothing and nobody was perfect. Especially you.

Suddenly, you spotted a familiar figure riding along on a sort of hover scooter. With two drones accompanying your Antarctic patrol, you flew over head for a better look. It was Starscream! You were rather confused as to why he wasn't flying like you and the troopers. That didn't really matter at the moment as much as capturing and taking him prisoner though. You alerted your partner over the communication link.

"Fire on sight!" You commanded the troopers. They obliged and shot at the seeker on the ground with you as you passed over him again. You did that multiple times until he fell off his scooter and landed faceplates first into the snow. You dove towards the ground and transformed into your bipedal mode again.

"Fools!" The ex-lieutenant shouted at you angrily. The other vehicons transformed and landed behind you. "Do you realize who you just shot down?! I am your commander—AAAH!" The seeker screeched as Dreadwing abruptly landed by his hunched over form. He jumped back in fear at the sight of the new lieutenant.

   "You command no one, deserter." Dreadwing growled, looming over the fallen seeker.

   "Skyquake?" Starscream gasped, staring at him with wide optics. "B-b-but you're—"

   "You mistake me for my brother, who is one with the AllSpark, as you are, no doubt, aware, former commander Starscream." The larger mech continued on, hissing the title like it pained him. The slender, silver mech stood up and chuckled nervously, tapping the tips of his claws together. "Were it up to me, I would end this here and now. But as first lieutenant to Megatron, it is my duty to render all traitors to my lord and master for due punishment."

   You snapped on a pair of stasis cuffs to the rogue's wrists. He looked from Dreadwing, to you, to the cuffs with shock, and then back to the commander.

   "First lieutenant?! That's my post!" The seeker screeched at the mech. The vehicons whipped out their blasters and aimed them at the spark chamber of the prisoner.

   "Unfortunately, things have changed since you left the cause." You told him, staring him down with your servos on your hips. He stared back at you, though there was more fright present in his wide optics. Starscream laughed nervously again, becoming increasingly uncomfortable under your gaze.

   "Er-correction: was my post, then."

   The entire time that he walked along the snowy terrain of Antarctica, you kept a steady conversation going with the traitor. He was, as far as you, one of the few living seekers, especially from Vos. Both of you were careful about your questions and your answers, but felt desperate for the company of another seeker.

   What's your name? Y/N, though most chose to call you Captain.

   Rank? Not a lieutenant, bit higher than a drone.

   Allies? So far, it was really only Dreadwing.

   Favorite color? F/c.

   Favorite weapon? A whip, though you didn't have one of those. Yet.

  Stuff like that. Dreadwing, who would listen into your conversation while surveying the land around him, was confused as to what you were trying to do. You weren't interrogation him, definitely not flirting, you were just . . . getting to know him.

   Why would you do that with a traitor? Would your son approve? The lieutenant dismissed all the thoughts his processor was coming up with. There was no time for this. Besides, Starscream had just begun trying to be a sly, conniving little piece of aft.

   "Commander Dreadwing, Captain, this it's be a very important mission if Megatron has dispatched his second-in-command, and his best soldier." The prisoner spoke up to your partner. "Scouting for energon, perhaps," he walked right up next to him, "or something else altogether?"

   "That is none of your concern. Captain?" Per the mech's request, you grabbed Starscream's neck cables and pulled him back over to you. You transformed your servo into a blaster and pointed it at the back of his helm.

   "If I knew what you were looking for, perhaps I could help?" Starscream suggested, stopping in his racks for a brief second. Your blaster met the back of his helm. He let out a squeak and kept moving.

   "Not a chance, Screamer." You told him in a calm but stern tone. He let out a huff.

   "Oh, and we were getting along so well." Starscream sighed. You rolled your optics and put the blaster directly on the back of his helm again.

   "We'd get along better if you'd stop being like that." You replied.