Fly • 12

CHAPTER TWELVE
2ND POV
12/3/17

   "You wrecked me and I apologized."
–Anonymous

   The smoke cleared up, and you saw that the bomb had done no harm to the enemy. He laughed sinisterly.

   "That tickled!" He mocked you, "Fools! Not only am I intelligent, I am invincible!"

   "I feel strongly that you should rethink the first one!" You shouted.

   "And you cannot fly!" The Prime pointed out on the other side of Starscream.

    "Nobody's perfect." Starscream shrugged, turning around to face the mech. He walked closer to the Prime until he was looming over him. "Now,tell me of the other three relics. Are they as powerful as my shiny new armor?"

   You and your partner swapped glances before you looked down at the other bomb in his servo. An idea reached both of your processors, and you squatted down to put it into action. Meanwhile, Starscream punched the Autobot leader in the faceplates, sending him stumbling backwards.

   "They were hidden away precisely to keep them from the hands of those like you," Optimus Prime growled, balling his servos into fists. He seeker threw another punch that was quickly blocked, and Optimus continued to slam his fists into the enemy's chassis.

   "He is far too powerful, Prime! Fall back!" Dreadwing shouted. The Prime did so, transforming and quickly driving over to your positions.

   "Cowards! You will not escape my might!" Realization came across Starscream's faceplates again. "Wait! You three are up to something."

"Damn right!" You cheered. Dreadwing took out his controls again and pressed the button, activating the bombs. They flowed up in a ring around him and exploded loudly. The three of you ran away from the explosion and were knocked away from its force. Starscream yelled out as he got caught the flames before he feel through the hole in the ice below.

Optimus walked over and peeked into the depths. You stayed by Dreadwing's side. Suddenly, your partner whipped out his sword and twirled it around unnecessarily yet majestically.

"Now that our alliance has as served its purpose . . ." He began.

"Starscream is gone, and the Apex Armor with him," Optimus said, whipping out his own blade, "is there really a need to renew battle when the goal has been lost?"

"We have other unfinished matters," your partner growled. He glared at you with a face that read 'don't get involved'. Honestly, you hadn't been sure if you should kick the sword out of his servos our get out your blasters.

"I bore Skyquake no malice, and I regret the role I played in his demise," the Autobot leader told your friend, sheathing his weapon, "so I will appeal to you as I once did your twin, as well as you Y/D—turn your back on the Decepticon cause, and help me end this war, for his sake and for all who have fallen."

Dreadwing scowled at the Prime. You gently placed your servo on his sword and pushed downwards, silently telling the commander to put it away. And so, he did.

"You saved our lives today." Dreadwing stated, walking closer to the Prime, "I will terminate you the next time we meet."

"Come on, lieutenant," You huffed, glancing at Optimus apologetically, "let's go home."

Your partner looked at you blankly and briefly, before walking past the Prime. You followed him, and the two of you transformed and flew off into the dark, starry sky. Though, something in you wished you'd stayed with the Prime.

It was no doubt your motherly love.

   Thousands upon thousands of feet below you, within the depths the slender mech you'd nearly befriended fell in, he trudged through water. Still fully armored and adorned with a maniacal grin. Starscream would admit, you were a sly one.

   Sarcastic, secretive, and he hadn't yet forgotten about that trigger word: Alcor. It sounded more like a name than anything, but it could be a person, a project name. He would need more evidence before coming to a conclusion.

   The seeker regretted not capturing you. It was either that, or befriending the only other seeker he'd ever seen since the start of the war. You were quite beautiful in both mind and body. Your primary function hadn't been fighting though, he'd made note, or so it had appeared. Your mesmerizing, ruby optics hadn't shown sass or fire or hatred. Not like a true Decepticon.

   No, they'd shown worry. Whether you tried to hide it with a convincing facade or not, he could tell. He could also tell the Prime had noticed bits and pieces of this as well. What an interesting being you are, Captain, Starscream thought.

   Autobot or Decepticon, it was difficult to catch a break. You continued to repeat Optimus' proposal in your processor as you trudged over to your berthroom. Hopefully, Alcor hadn't figured a way to sneak out, at least not yet.

   You typed in the password on the panel and the door slid open. You walked into your room and it slammed shut behind you. You were greeted with the sight of your son playing around with a toy sword. He pretended to fight an imaginary foe with as much skill as someone had at his age until he noticed you.

   "Creator, Creator! Look what Dreadwig gave me!" Alcor told demanded excitedly, rushing to the edge of the berth. Your optics immediately widened at the mention of him.

   "He gave you this?" You asked in disbelief. You pointed at his toy weapon.

   "Yeeh! He said he'd show me how to fight wike a weal mech waiter!" Your son cheered, jumping up and down. Dreadwig, you inwardly laughed at the mispronounce designation.

  So that was why the lieutenant had come down this corridor, instead of his berthroom in the other wing. Honestly, you thought he would've hated you after today! Then again, a gift to your playful, curious sparkling didn't mean he didn't hate you. And if he did?

   Well, that'd certainly be another thing up cross off your list of reasons to live.

   The scars on your wrists covered by plating weren't on there, I assure you.

   "Come now, my little warrior," you giggled as you gently helped him off the berth and took his free servo, "let's fuel you up so you can have your tanks full when the battle starts!"