You Were Clearly Meant For More • 5

CHAPTER FIVE
2ND POV
11/29/17

   "The hardest part is waking up in the morning, remembering what you were trying to forget last night."
      –Anonymous

   Blasters emerged from the ship and targeted the Autobots down below. They shot rapid fire as the enemy team scattered themselves across the terrain. Suddenly, a weapon you hadn't even known was on the ship emerged. A stasis beam, a weapon that was similar to the Immobilizer.

   You cocked your helm to the side in confusion as you watched the battle go on. The beam shot Bumblebee, and forced the frozen mech to fall to the ground and drop the Spark Extractor in his servo. Arcee grabbed it soon after, but the same fate befell her.

   "I didn't realize the ship was equipped with a stasis beam!" Knockout commented, looking from the computer footage to his leader.

   "Neither did I!" You whispered to yourself, feeling befuddled and concerned. Dreadwing glanced at you from his place beside you and Soundwave and behind the warlord. You stood on the bridge continuing to question the situation while the action continued to play and cap your attention.

   Bulkhead took the weapon off the ground soon after, but, became what most of his friends were: frozen like ice. Optimus made a run for it and dodged the first shot from the beam that came for him. He leaped high into the air, towards the Nemesis, but the beam seemed to have a mind of its own and zapped him out of the sky.

   The Prime fell to the ground and landed, creating a giant dust and dirt explosion. His now damaged frame was covered in bruises and small shocks of electricity. The Spark Extractor lay next to his servo. The blasters turned to face another target, but went back into the Decepticon vessel immediately afterwards.

   "The Spark Extractor!" Megatron exclaimed as the ship scanned and identified the weapon. "Guide us closer so that I may collect what belongs to me, and destroy the Autobots!"

   A set of coordinates appeared on a computer with a larger screen. A globe icon appeared and showed the location of the coordinates. The same computer you'd been watching footage on now showed scene in front of the ship as it slowly moved away from where the warlord wanted to go. 

   "What! Where are you going?! I said closer!" Megatron roared, whipping his helm around to face the vehicons at said computers.

   "Lord Megatron, the ship seems to be driving itself," one of them reported.

   "Then override it!" The warmonger demanded. The two drones began typing furiously before one of them was electrocuted to death. The other one just stared at his former friend.

   HOURS AGO . . .

   Alcor had had enough waiting around! All he'd done for the past few hours was wait around in your room, waiting for you to cuddle with him in berth. To finally take a break from the job you were too busy to care for him all day! He wanted to go find you! He wanted to play games and drink energon!

   Unfortunately, he had no idea where you were or what you were doing. You usually blocked off the sparkbond when you were working, or bad things were going down. Either way, it wasn't very helpful to the young sparkling.

   Alcor hopped off the berth and skipped over to the door, but it didn't open up. It always opened up when you walked near it! The young mech let out a huff and ran back over to the berth, where he pulled over a bedside nightstand with great difficulty. He climbed onto it and stood on his pedes so he could reach the password module.

   The little mechling watched you type it in before you left, and recalled the correct set of numbers that opened up the door. Alcor cheered and congratulated himself and jumped off the nightstand. He walked out of the berthroom with a proud smile stretched across his faceplates as he began on his quest to locate you.

   It occurred to the wandering child that he had no clues on how to find you, or any idea where he currently was. He would've broken out sobbing too, but it also occurred to him that crying was never something you did. Not in front of him, anyways.

   You were the strongest person in the galaxy, in his optics at least. You were strong, and cared for him no matter what. So, crying was off the list!

   Alcor walked for what seemed like forever, even though it had only been a few minutes, until he found this really big room! It had a bridge, and a computer at the very end. The walls by the bottom of the room on both sides were lined with giant computers. Multiple screens, complex keyboards, and tons of symbols and pictures! It looked so cool to him! So, out of pure, childhood curiosity, the sparkling ran over to it as fast as possible to figure out what it did.

   Alcor was a fast learner, according to you. Under your mediocre tutelage, he quickly learned how to read and talk a little bit better than many sparklings would at his age. Eventually, he decided to teach himself a couple things, whether they were important or not. It didn't take very long for Alcor to figure out the works. He had to climb on that too to reach the controls, of course, but he was an amazing climber, so there was absolutely no reason to worry.

   He went through quite a few of the files that were stored on there, as well as quite a bit of security footage. The young mech didn't know what blackmail was yet, but all of these things seemed quite useful! He looked through more and more things before realizing that he might be penalized for leaving the berthroom or looking through classified information. Megatron was a tall, bulky, scary, not to mention nightmarish and powerful. He punished soldiers with offlining and scarring, near-death experiences.

   After logging out and going back to the screen that's been there before, he began climbing down. The child's pede slipped, and he crashed on the floor of the bridge painfully. This ruined his Decepticon badge, the thing showed his signal to scanners. Then, ran back to the berthroom and ended up there after a difficult time of navigation.

   I'm sure it won't have any future consequences!