Chapter 23

Luke pov
It was rough, the last few days, the new empire made their first and only act of aggression towards the new republic, Mara was teaching lots of students in the ways of combat, and doing a pretty good job at it too. Kanan had taken some leave to look after his daughter. Mara was showing affection towards me and well, i was showing affection towards her as well. But leia had just had her first born with Han, and they had named him Ben Solo. Something that I believe will be the end lf the Skywalker family line. I had come to a meeting with Del and Han, Del had discovered what powers the new empires massive warships.
"Alright Del, what is the power source of the new empire"
I had taken a seat in the room, Del was seating opposite me, Han had seated himself down next to me
"Their power source is something that we declared unstable"
Han stroked his beard, he was thinking
"Protoenergy crystals in a MKI crystalline reactor, it powers their ships, but it seems stable when they use it"
They seem to have found a way to stabilise the Protoenergy crystals, making them a deadly power source.
"They seem to have found a way to stabilise Protoenergy crystals"
Han was thinking the same thing as me, we do have similar thoughts
"Yes, but it is not without risks, it is highly volatile and creates a massive explosion when ignited, it also is very expensive to buy"
"Expensive, but the new empire runs on the stuff, so they must have a source of the raw mineral somewhere"
"Yes, but the raw mineral is also highly explosive, one mistake and the whole mine could go up in flames"
"It seems the New Empire has no problem taking it from others, their military might and navy puts fear into others"
"We must find a way to stop them getting their supply of Protoenergy crystals"
"Thats the problem, we have no large sources of the stuff in its raw mineral form, they mist be getting most of their supply from the unknown regions and benefactors there must either make a fortune or lose a fortune due to fear"
"We need to find out"
"I agree, but with the Mandalorians wanting me and their allies in the unknwon regions, my family and I cannot go"
"I can go, Leia won't mind if i go out and find out where this source of Protoenergy crystals is coming from"
"Im sure she won't, but she and Doom are on very good terms, so he might tell you"
"I doubt it, he might keep it secret, im going to find out the hard way"
"Well goodluck to you"
"And goodluck with your daughter Del, im sure you will find very her useful whent he times are right"
I felt a presence watching the meeting, a figure, watching us, hearing everyword, seconds later i here a jetpack go off and the figures presence vanish into the night sky.

Unknown pov
The mandalor will take this info very well. He will be glad to know that the Yul use unstable and highly explosive fuel for their warships. I activate my jetpack and fly off into the night.

Ezra pov
I was waiting, for my spy to comeback, he entered the doors
"Zeran, its good to have you back, now tell me, what did you learn"
"I learnes that the Yul ues Protoenergy crystals to power their warships"
"Highly explosive and volatile, perfect to create chain reactions, i want you to find out where they are getting the stuff from, it will be in the unknown regions"
"As you wish Mandalor"
How interesting, this has proven to be a very good day indeed
"Sir, the first order have sent a ship out to find Del and his family for you"
"Good, i wish to speak to the commander"
The image of the first orders commander that was sent out appeared, and if i knew better, it was a former member of inferno squad
"General Husk, at your service Mandalor"
"Ah, Husk, i see that you wnt revenge on Del and Iden for what they did to you"
"I do"
"Then bring them here, you can kill Iden, i want Del to myself"
"And why would that be Mandalor"
"He critically hurt my loved one, and he will pay for that, she has not woken up since that happened a week ago"
"I see, i trust your keeping info from me"
"Yes, they have a daughter, but i rather she live knowing she couldn't do anything about her parent's death"
"I understand, a big dealer in tech to the first order, but not any info about your armour"
"Im sorry about that, but it ia a culture secret, no one but a Mandalorian is aloud to know what makes it tick"
"I guess, well, we shall meet in person when i have Del, Iden and their daughter"
The image vanished, the first order was just a diversion to keep the new republic occupied while the Empire Of The Hand rises from the ashes of the empire, meaning that it is time to inform Thrawn of what has been discovered. The image of Thrawn appeared not soon after i keyed in his number
"Sorry for the interruption, but i have news regarding the New Empires fuel source"
"Go ahead, I'm listening"
"They use Protoenergy crystals to power their warships"
"Very good news indeed, with the knowledge of their fuel source, we can target it instead"
"I already have an agent on the job of locating where they get it from"
"I shall have several others join in the hunt, once we locate it, we can mark it for later attacks"
"Yes, but in the mean time, i must report back to my operations"
"As must i"
The call ended, another good day for the Empire Of The Hand, soon, the gala y shall be under complete control, and all shall see what the empire could have been.

Well, another chapter done, the time is ticking, a time skip is going to happen soon, so a warning to that, we will skip a few decades ahead, when the serach for Iden, Del and their daughter is at completion, and the fall of the new jedi order, and deaths no one expects. Till next time, may the force be with you.