Chapter 9

Sooooo......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well you weren't looking hard enough!"

I yell back at them. They motion for me to come sit on the grass field with them. Eugh, it's all the way down the hill. Damn i'm lazy. I let out a really loud sigh. "Don't you sigh at me, little missy!" Niall yells. "Don't tell me what to do!" I yell back. I walk down the hill and reach the boys, "Hey losers who left me." I say. "Sorry..." They all kind of mumble. "So, what do you want to do?" I ask since we're (apparently) not going to any of the later classes either. "Truth or dare!" Louis, of course, screams. "Yeah!" Harry yells. "Ugh... fine." Liam says. I let out another sigh. "Stop sighing at me!" Niall yells at me, again. "I wasn't!" "Don't lie to me, Emilia May Flores!" "What? I wasn't even- and don't use my full name, Niall James Horan." "Oh really n-" He starts to say, until Liam (being 'the daddy') cuts him of, "Shush, children!" "Fine.." Niall mutters. "Who wants to go first?" Zayn finally says. "He talks!" "Yes, i do." He chuckles. "I'll start!" Harry says. "Okay, go." Liam says. "Hmmmmm..... Emily!" "Of course." I say under my breath. "Truth or dare?" Oh god. Either way... this could be bad. "Hmmm.... oh god... um.... truth?" Harry smirks and rubs his hands together. Oh, what has he got to say? "Do you hate Raachel, and why?" Are you serious, Harry? Out of anything that you could have asked. "Yes. I hate her soooo much. She makes my life worse that it- uh.. um.. She is just so mean. She's a whore too. UGH." "Well that's not nice!" Liam scolds me. "You asked me a question, so i answered it. Zayn, truth or dare?" "Dare." "Okay... i dare you... to... scream out, at the top of your lungs, 'I'm pregnant with Liam's baby!'" "What?!?" Liam shrieks. Wait, i didn't know that guys could shriek... "Challenge accepted." Zayn says, standing up, "I'm pregnant with Liam's baby!" Niall starts laughing like the little leprechaun he is. Which, leads to everyone else laughing. My phone starts to ring, scaring the life out of me. The boys jump when i scream. "Dear god, Emily." Harry says, putting his hand over his heart. "Sorry..." i say as i take my phone out of my bag. It's an 'unknown number'... "Hello?" "Yes, hello, is this Emilia Flores?" A woman's voice asks. "Yes, who is this?" "This is Karren Bic, from City Hospital. I need you to get here as fast as possible." "Uhh... Okay? I'll be there right away?" "Thank you, come to the front desk in the emergency wing." "Okay. Thanks, bye." I hang up the phone. "Who was that?" Liam asks. "That was City Hospital... I don't know what's wrong but i need to get there now." I reply as i stand up and brush my bum from any grass. "Then we will go there!" Louis says. I follow them to the car, where Paul was. "What are you guys doing here?" Paul asks when we open the doors. "We need to go to City hospital. Now." Liam says, panicing. "Oh.. Is everything okay?" Paul asks. "I don't know, women! Drive!" I say, scared as hell. 

Paul pulls into the parking lot. "Do you want us to come with you?" Niall asks. "No, i think you guys should stay here, i'll text you if i need you." "Okay.. good luck babe." harry says in a hushed voice. "Thanks." I say, afraid of what's to come.

I get to the desk. "Are you Emilia Flores?" "Yes." "Good, we've been waiting for you. Come with me." "Uhm.. Could you please tell me what is going on?" "Oh, right, sorry. Your mom has been in a car accident. A very serious one, at that." My heart sunk. I can't believe it. Obviously, 'i can't believe it'. Everyone says that. But it's true. "Is she going to be okay?" "Well, no. It doesn't look good. She's barely hanging on to life, so she's on life support." And to think, this morning she was perfectly alive and healthy. The nurse brings me to her room. I peer in. She, my mother, laying there, with wires and cords surrounding her body. Before i know it, i'm crying. Not like a little bitch weep. A fucking cry. I walk up to her bed. "I'll leave you two alone.." The nurse says. "Thanks..." I manage to get out. I turn back around to face my mom and kiss her head. "Hello Emilia." I turn around, it's a doctor. "Hi.." "So,  we have some things to talk about." I nod as he sits in one of the chairs against the wall, and motions me to sit too. "I know this is really hard, but there is nothing left that we can do to help her. She's in a coma with no signs of ever waking up. Even if we try 'top notch' stuff, she, most likely, will not wake. The only thing keeping her alive right now, is the life support." "What? Nothing you can do? Nothing? No! There has to be!" I scream. "Please, Miss Flores, i know this is difficult but-" I fall to the floor and curl up into a ball. "Miss Flores, there is one more thing." "What is it?" "We think it would be best to take her off life support. Well, after you say goodbye. We would've already done it, but it;s the family's decision." I take a deep breath in. "There is nothing, at all, that you could do?" "No, i'm sorry." I take another deep breath, "Okay, just let me have a little while alone with my mom." "Of course." The doctor smiles understandingly and walks out the door. 

I wipe my eyes, attempting to see. I stand up slowly and and go to my mother's bed side. "Mom, if you can hear me, i love you. I'm so sorry for everything i've done wrong, i know i've let you down a lot in the past, but you were always there for me. Thank you. Keep all of the good memories with you and all of the bad ones here. I'll be as good of a girl as i can, okay? Mom, i know you'd be proud of me for cooperating with the doctors, but damn, do i want to throw rocks at them. I could say 'i love you' a million times, but you're not going to wake up... So, before anything else i want to tell you good things. So.. i  got a boyfriend... It's Harry, Nialler's friend. He asked me to be his girlfriend this morning! Me! Out of all the girls he could ask, he asked me! I actually have a boyfriend! Wait... you should meet him!" I whipped out my phone.

(TEXT CONVO)

Em: Harry.

Hazza: Yes? Are you okay?

Em: No, i need you. Just you. Come here. Right now.

Hazza: Okay... what room?

Em: 176. Hurry!

Hazza: kk, i'll be there in a sec :)

(END)

C'mon Harry. Hurry up, dammit! I look at my mom and, of course, start crying again. Over my cries, i hear loud footsteps running down the hallway. Harry burst into the room. "Babe?" I look up and squeak, "Harry... meet my mom... I wanted you, being my boyfriend, to meet my mom.." He shakes his head, "What do you mean? Isn't she going to get better?" I shake my head, and tears stream fast. "No Harry. The doctor said that she's never going to wake up from her coma.. I wanted you to meet her before i let them take her off life support." He pulls me in to a tight hug, holding me like he'd never let go. "Emily... I'm so sorry...." I hear him sniffling. He's crying. "Hello Mrs. Flores.." Harry chokes out, leting go of our hug and walking over to my mom. "I want you to know that i will take care of your daughter. I promise." I give him a weak smile when he turns around to look at me. 

"Goodbye mommy, i love you forever." I say one last time, kissing her forehead and cheek. "I'm going to get the doctor.." I say to Harry, he nods. 

I approach the doctor, "Hello, Emilia." "Hi.... I'm ready..." "Are you sure?" I give him a 'WTF' look, "Well, i guess, since there's nothing you can do." "Okay, let's go then."

We get back in her room and Harry's sitting on a chair, with his knees to his chest and his head in his knees, obviously crying. I brush my hand on his head and he looks up. The doctor goes over to mom, "Ready?" I nod. Harry stands up next to me and holds my hand. The doctor pulls the cord and her heart rate slowly slows down for about five minutes until it finally stops. The beeping sound fills the air. I dig my head in to Harry's shoulder while we hug. He holds me tight, as i cry. My mother is gone and will never come back. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... i need some help writting the beginning of the next chapter. I have an outline of what i'm going to do later in the chapter, but it's just the beginning i don't know of. So, if you have any ideas, please write it in the comments. :) Pwease? I'll love you forever. 

Thanks :)