Chapter 49

Aaron's POV

It's been three days.

Three days of running and looking for a place to stay.

Three days of me missing the one person who was always been there for me.

"Here" Diego said as he handed me a bottle that was half filled with water.

I thanked him and drank it slowly. After it was finished I gripped the bottle and kept walking.

"We can stay here for tonight" aiden said as we stopped in the woods.

We had been sleeping anywhere that wasn't obvious. We all know for a fact that it was Amys brother who planted the bombs. I was sat with the others watching the news the day after the fire at one of the gang members house.

Aiden tracked him down and when he saw who was at the door he let us straight in.

Being part of the leaders closed group has it perks.

-day after the fire at some members house-

I sat down on the black leather couch with the others around the room and took the tv control off jake. Everyone was depressed still as we didn't know what was going on. I switched the cartoons off and put the news on.

I saw the burning house that scarred my mind in the back and put the volume up.

"Back to the bizarre house fire.-

I'm stood here outside the house that no-one actually knew existed until the fire department was called yesterday morning. We currently don't have the cause of the fire but we can confirm that there were four fatalities. If you have any information reguarding the fire please call your local police department and let them know"

The screen went black as I switched off the tv and it was hard to believe.

We all stayed silent and then Ali ran out of the room.

Four fatalities.
Marco
Amy
Daniel
Tyler.

They're all gone and the news just confirmed it.

"This doesn't add up" jake said looking confused.

"They said there were four fatalities but we lost five people. Marco, Amy, Tyler, Daniel and Mikey" he said trying to figure out the question running though all of our minds.

Who made it out?

-back to present-

I sat down as Diego started a fire and the other set up the tents. I decided instead of sitting down I need to look for wood. Ali and Diego decided to join me.

"They can't be gone" she cried as we slowly walked side by side.

"If one of them made it out how will we find them? How will they find us?" I asked picking up a few sticks.

"There has to be somewhere everyone would go" Ali said as she picked up another stick and wiped yet another tear.

"That's it" Diego yelled as he ran back to where the others were.

I looked over at Ali confused but she shrugged and followed behind as did I.

We dropped the sticks by the tree near our tent and looked at everyone who were staring at Diego.

"Where is the one place that we've always been told to go if we ever get split up?" He said looking at the others.

When no one answered he shook his head.

"The safe-house. We've never had to use it because we've never been separated."He said and all of the others looked like something clicked.

Me and Ali stood on the side confused.

"What safe-house?" Ali asked and Diego smiled at her.

"Matts dream secret house, you didn't know him. Neither of you knew him. But when we were younger he said he never wanted to get lost and loose us forever so we made a safe house and along with it we made a pact, that no matter what if we ever get separated that we will always go back there to find each other. We've never had to use it before but it's the only place where anyone in our little closed group would go. Its our best bet" he said looking up at the sky that was covered in thousands upon thousands of stars.

"Then we go. We leave first thing tomorrow and we don't stop till we get there." I said and we all nodded.

We sat and talked until we had nothing to talk about any longer.