Chapter 48

Tyler's POV

I drove for 10 minutes until I saw an explosion in my rear view mirror. I hit my foot on the breaks and which caused my body to jerk forward.

"No no no. You said they would be fine" I yelled and reached into my pocket to grab my phone.

"You can see I'm driving because my location is moving." I yelled out in frustration. I unbuckled my belt and got out to check my pockets because I couldn't find my phone.

My body froze.

I left my phone.

I got back in the car and hit my foot on the accelerator as my car started to move in the direction of the flames and smoke.

I stopped the car and ran out. Towards the house but it was gone. They were gone. I looked around to see if there was anyone even close but they didn't get out. They all died. And it's my fault.

I slowly walked to my car as my heart thumped in my chest.

Mikeys POV

Amidst the crying and yelling and thick cloud of smoke that emitted from the burning home I saw headlights of a car.

"There's a car" I said quietly

Aiden walked to my side.

"What did you say?" He said looking at me but all my eyes could focus on was the lights that stopped outside the house.

"There's a car" I said again but loudly.

"There's a car" I yelled and started running as fast as I could. My heart thumped in my chest and my lungs began to burn but I continued to run. As I got closer to the house i saw the car which caused me to run even faster. My legs were on fire and I could feel my body yelling at me to slow down but I refused and pushed my body to its limits.

I heard the car door shut but I was still so far. The car began to reverse away and I started to scream as loud as I could.

"Stop! Don't go" I yelled out but the car just continued.

Suddenly the ground had disappeared from beneath my feet and my body tumbled forwards. I tried to stop but couldn't. I yelled out in agony as my body slammed against the ground which was covered in dirt, sticks and rocks. I got a small glimpse of a tree I was heading towards and sheer panic filled my body.

Aidens POV

Mikey took off in the direction of the flames and I quickly followed behind him. The others followed me as Jacob comforted Ali.

Just as I thought I was gaining on him, mikey ran even faster. I could hear him yelling but couldn't make out what he was saying. I ran and ran but he was so fast. Soon I couldn't even see him. I kept running in the direction that I had seen him in but stopped when there was no sign of him.

"Where'd he go?" Daniel yelled frantically looking for his younger brother.

"I don't know" I yelled back as they all stopped beside me.

Just as I was going to tell them to head back I heard mikey yell.

I took off towards where his groaning was coming from and looked around. It wasn't too dark because of the light emitting from the house that continued to burn.

Soon enough I stood in front of the house but there was no sign of mikey.

"NOO" I heard cry come from behind me.

"He didn't go in did he?" Daniel asked moving closer to the house but we pulled him back.

"I don't know dan, calm down! We'll find him." I said pushing him back but he refused.

"No, move!" He yelled as he knocked the others over and went closer to the flames. I grabbed his arm which caused him to turn and look at me.

"Please, He might be in there" he yelled trying to free himself of my grip as tears filled his eyes.

"YOU'LL DIE" I yelled as I used my other hand to hold him back.

He moved closer and punched me. I still held on to him. He's not dying.

"Let me go" he yelled out again and hit me repeatedly. I could feel myself becoming light headed from being hit in the head with his free hand and then a foot came flying towards my face.

I was knocked to the ground as my body begged me to rest.

"Please, I can't loose any more of you. He might not be in there" I yelled as loud as I could but Daniel ignored me and ran into the flames in search of his brother.

I pushed my body up and yelled for him to come back. The only sound that filled the air was of Daniels screams from inside the house. They weren't of pain though. They were cries out of his brothers name. He was still alive for now. Soon I was being pulled back away from the house by Aaron.

I was helped back to where Ali and Jacob were by Aaron and Diego.

"Put him down here" Aaron said as he and Diego sat me
Down in front of a large tree that I could lean on.

"Where are they?" Jacob said walking in front of me and crouching down.

I clenched my jaw as a tear fell down my cheek.

I looked up to him with tears in my eyes and slowly shook my head.

"What do you mean no?" He said standing up and moving in front of Aaron who was covering his face with his hands.

"We couldn't find Mikey, Daniel thought he went back into the house so he..." Aaron looked down as he stopped talking

"He went in" Jacob said finishing the sentence.

"We need to move before police come" I said as I struggled but eventually got up.

Aaron walked over to a passed out Ali from crying so much.

We began walking until we were far away enough.

"Where are we going?" Aaron asked as we passed tree after tree.

"I don't know yet" I said dodging A low branch.