Sessanta

To be honest, the only people screaming and shouting were the guests that Tsuna had no relation to. Mai was just so used to getting attacked it was getting old now.

Not to mention how cliche and predictable attacking the inheritance is. Hibari didn't seem to mind as he broke out of the window and started biting the suspicious people outside to death. They started firing at him so it only made sense that he whacked them around a bit.

Mai was ushered to Dino of all people, Romario was there so it was all good, along with Kyoko and Haru. They all watched as Tsuna went into hyper dying will mode before jumping out the very same window Hibari smashed. He dealt with the problem swiftly and displayed terrifying strength, not to mention all of his other guardians, who were all off fighting on their own too. Mukuro seriously looked like it was all a chore, is that enough to tell you how weak the opponent was?

Unlike Mukuro, the others were just having fun - save Tsuna who was interrogating the leader.

Meanwhile inside, everything was forgotten and the guests were all having a tea party pretty much. Dino, Kyoko, Haru, and Mai were all sat at a table sharing cake and some main courses that were on offer, like the castle wasn't just bombed.

The Varia were already doing so even before the bombing, they didn't flinch either.

"Mai-chan~!" An irritatingly familiar voice cheered, the white haired man skipping over to their table, Bluebell and Kikyo following behind and leaving what seemed to be Zakuro and Daisy with Uni at her own table.

"Byakuran-san?" Mai turned, sounding pretty surprised to meet him here for some reason.

"Did you get my flowers?" He grinned, pulling up a chair and dumping himself down right next to Mai.

"I did, thank you." Mai smiled kindly.
Dino was wondering whether Hibari knew about this flower business...

"We aren't inconveniencing you, are we?" Kikyo asked, smiling back at her while Byakuran was being scolded by Bluebell, rather, shouted at...

"Not at all, I enjoy talking to you all. Even if it's over the phone most of the time..." Mai replied, starting casual conversation with Kikyo instead of Byakuran, the one who came over to talk to her in the first place. He just started chatting with Dino.

Uni soon came over with Gamma, Bianchi popped up as well, Enma's family joined in... and soon enough it was an exclusive corner, even Nono was there.

It was a sight to see, one single corner being completely isolated from the other guests. Kyoko and Haru were chatting with Uni and Bluebell, Byakuran and Zakuro were also adding in their own comments, Mai was with Adelheid and Dino; like an exclusive party inside the original party.

All while the tenth generation were busting their hides dealing with the attackers.

Haru was coerced into a drinking competition and then it all went a little downhill.

The only ones that didn't start rioting or fighting were Mai, Uni, Nono, Kikyo, Adelheid (to a certain extent), Mammon, and Kyoko; some people had passed out, namely Bluebell, Enma, and Julie. Oh, Levi was thrown out of a window so his status was unknown.

They were practically ignored by everyone else in the room despite being the party holders. Well, they were having fun talking amongst themselves anyway, the sober and normal ones.

Tsuna was close to throwing a fit after seeing one half of the hall destroyed.

When Hibari saw it the reaction was the opposite, he jumped in and began attacking Dino and practically anyone in his sight, breaking more than a couple expensive tables. Thank God Xanxus was too ornery to have attended...

His fight with Dino was taken outside after he broke a wall trying to hit the guy.

Overall, it was a pretty successful inheritance.

Afterwards, Tsuna was taken to Italy with Gokudera and Reborn to learn the ropes and prepare himself for being a boss. The others were left in Namimori to wait for further orders, they could do as they wanted; go to Italy or whatever. Yamamoto did end up going to Italy after explaining everything to his dad and finishing school; Ryohei did as well but somehow ended up with the Varia for a while, strangely he got along with Lussuria quite well; Mukuro was doing as he wanted. He infiltrated some enemy famiglie using the excuse of - any family is my enemy, they just happened to be yours as well. Chrome followed him, of course.

Hibari established his organisation and finished the underground base in Namimori. He'd planned for a whole load to be built all over the world, they were still being constructed but near completion.

This was after he found out he also held mist flames as well, that was a day to remember.

Mai had just graduated and was spending more time at home rather than at the dorms. However, Hibari still hadn't told her anything of much importance, it made her think that maybe it wasn't that important after all.

She'd been going out a lot with Kyoko, Haru, and Chrome - Chrome whenever she could.

Since Hibari had been busy with research he'd barely been in the house, instead spending most of his time underground.

Little did she know how conflicted he was.

"Kyo-san, it seems Mai-san is going out again today." Kusakabe reported, standing by the door to the room watching Hibari sift through pages of reports.

"Send an escort." Hibari replied monotonously, almost like he wasn't listening.

"Already done, sir." Kusakabe stated, but made no move to leave. Hibari turned to look at the man in a mixture of annoyance and wonder.

"Then what is it?"

"When are you planning on asking Mai-san?" Kusakabe asked bluntly, startling the other man for a moment. His eyes morphed back into their usual glare, focused on Kusakabe.

"When was that your business?" He snarled, returning to reading the bundle of papers scattered around him.

"You haven't spoken in weeks, don't you think you're growing away from her?" Kusakabe retorted, taking a step forward only to falter when Hibari held up one of his tonfa, coated in raging cloud flames.

"Hold your tongue, vice chairman." He threatened, a terrifying glower overtaking his frown. The paper that was once in his hand sailed to the floor. "Don't suppose you know anything of us."

Kusakabe retreated, leaving the room. It was what he wanted to happen in one way or another; to agitate Hibari enough to spur him into actually acting. He knew that Hibari wasn't some emotionless bastard, he knew it well. It may have only been Mai who could spur emotion from him, but even that was heartwarming enough, just knowing that someone like Hibari could feel love.

As cold as that sounded.

Author's Note:

Hi. It's been a while. While I don't want to bore you with all my excuses, there's a lot, I've been pretty busy. But the only thing I really have left to finish is simply commissions for artwork... I think that's it. I've given in my final piece and hopefully it's a pass... The other reason being ill. It's quite annoying that for weeks in a row I've fallen sick on the weekends only...? why.

nevertheless i am here now and will probably continue to be lazy and forget to publish ahahah

Oh I also wanted to announce my thoughts on perhaps rewriting this, it probably wont be done but I want to attempt it at least since it's a bit of a mess... idontknow im not in a writey mood recently... dragged into marvel hell though dear lord

the ending sucks too, just warning you

sorry for my tendencies to procrastinate and be lazy