Cinquantasei

Just before leaving for China a couple of preparations had to be made sure of.

First, he made Kusakabe leave a note for any idiots of the mafia that happen to come by for an idiotic reason, reading, 'Gone to China.' Hibari, personally, didn't understand why that was necessary when he had Kusakabe to explain everything but didn't bother complaining. 

Second, he sent Hibird ahead on his own plane. Yes, a single bird rode to China alone in an empty personal plane. Luckily it knew what to do after getting there, find and take a picture of Mai, preferably the surroundings as well. Without pineapples as well. 

Third, he had to vent a little. 

It was a shock that there were still delinquents in Namimori, do they not learn? The youth were just idiots, why would they aspire to break the rules when the one iron rule would just come along to discipline them? 

Truly mind boggling. 

Anyway, he flew to China, got held up in customs, and then was off on another flight to get to the city closest to the town Mai was staying in. It was faster than driving. Although it was a helicopter that one of his -many- men had brought over, as they were stationed everywhere in the world. Rather helpful, he'd admit; though he was skeptical of placing his subordinates around the globe for no reason but didn't regret it now. 

So it was around evening by the time he arrived. Hibird had not only captured Mai and the town but also the hotel she was staying in. He could never praise this bird enough. 

Although he knew the name he had no idea where it was. 

It was about to get destroyed anyway so what was the problem?

An hour wasted walking around until he finally found it. Just the thought of Mai being alone with that guy was enough to get him riled up. He would have directly attacked the hotel but knowing Mai was in there he didn't. 

He barged in instead, scaring the life out of the secretary and again when he demanded to know what room Mai was staying in. He was a little impressed when he noticed she'd used a fake name, but because she'd mentioned it to him before it wasn't very effective.

Again, it took a little commotion before he could go up to the room they were staying in. That shitty pineapple probably booked a room with one bed on purpose. He ignored the screams from the lobby, someone probably saw the unconscious bodies or something.

Not wasting another second he stormed down the halls and was about to smash the door down when he heard Mai's voice;

"-But Kyoya's actually really attractive!" 

"And? Before that, why are you telling me?" 

"Other women might start to flock to him and stuff... I am capable of getting jealous. Besides, you were the one that mentioned an affair or something." 

He busted the door down. 

Mukuro accusing him of an affair - they weren't even married yet, although, still, the mere notion of cheating hasn't crossed his mind once. Everyone annoys him, everyone other than Mai. There's no doubt that there's no one else like her.

"Speak of the devil." He caught Mukuro mutter amusedly. 

Mai just vacated the premises. 

Around... five minutes later a loud explosion sounded from the second floor - that was in shambles when the smoke cleared. Hibari and Mukuro could clearly be seen in the wreckage already working on destroying the first floor and any other surrounding buildings. 

They were just that equal in strength, it was too destructive. Like, is four buildings in just over ten minutes normal? Technically thirteen if you count the not so completely levelled buildings. 

Mai just watched from the middle of the battlefield, the area around her was completely safe since they were keeping clear of her. The people of the hotel were far, very far now. 

No doubt the Vongola will hear of this, not that it's her fault... it's totally all her fault. If only she could stop them...

What better way than to turn herself into a giant duck mascot and jump right into the middle of the two of them. It went a little smoother in her head. 

Mukuro frowned, definitely enjoying the fight, "What are you doing?" 

Mai found out pretty quick that they weren't going to stop, Hibari even asked the same thing Mukuro did; not at the same time luckily. 

So she resorted to the next best option, "I know that... but I'm a little tired and the hotel is gone..." She shook her salvaged luggage to exaggerate her point. They both blinked and thought about it for a while, then Hibari walked over to a nearby house - the inhabitants were clearly watching them out their window and were terrified when Hibari approached. 

They actually opened the door though and Hibari said a couple things before coming back and turning to Mai, "They'll have you." 

Perfect, now she was staying at a family of strangers' house because her boyfriend threatened them... She could only wonder about what the hospitality will be like. More than likely stiff and panicked. 

When she retreated inside they continued fighting to no one's surprise. 

They also destroyed a lot more buildings, except the one that Mai was staying in obviously.

The family seemed more to worship her than fear her. Possibly because, because of her their house wasn't turned to debris. 

It was kind of creepy but warm at the same time. They made her some really good food and she needs to appreciate those that feed her, so she did a little housework while she was there. 

When the fighting came to a halt, aka, they were both battered, hungry, thirsty, tired, and normal human stuff that should have happened a while ago, Mai tended to them, less to Mukuro because someone continued to interrupt her work. 

"Kyoya, are we really leaving this quickly? You aren't going to try the mapo tofu?" Mai mumbled as she was lead onto the helicopter Hibari arrived in. Mukuro was taken by another since Mai practically begged Hibari to not be cruel and he gave in, thus calling another of his men to come and pick the pineapple up. 

"The restaurant chefs are already on their way to Japan." He sighed, crossing his arms and leaning his head against her shoulder, closing his eyes and preparing for a nap. 

"...I'm sorry?"

Author's note:

I just died a little inside. It's story time::

So fun fact about me as a person: I'm petrified, like deathly afraid of moths - spiders? no problem, moths? devil's incarnate - and as I was innocently editing this chapter in my room the bastard came out of nowhere and began fluttering it's ugly wings near my thankfully covered legs. 

I obviously evacuated swiftly and sped downstairs to get assistance from my parents who are worthlessly drunk in the garden and useless. So after steeling myself I return to the battlefield to retrieve my laptop and phone and speaker so I can continue my editing and actually listen to music that I didn't turn off in my panic. I brought with me some necessary weapons, a fly swatter and a steel will, just in case the monster shows itself. 

I had a tactic, rather my mother told me, I grabbed my things after assuring myself the moth was stagnant (I waved the fly swatter around for a good couple of minutes), I turned my light off and hurried away from hell making sure to turn on the landing light. Hopefully when I sleep I won't die from a heart attack if it decides to get within a meter of my sleeping self. 

For the record I do not discriminate between moths and butterflies, I hate them both equally and with a passion. Tbh I'm gonna blame being scared of butterflies on Spongebob.

Btw I have no idea what a chick mascot is or where that came from, like nuigurumi? Hibird? I don't know but---

Happy birthday Hibari!! 

for the fifth time. I went through a lot to get this chapter up, be thankful.