Quarantasei

Sometime in the summer of Mai's third year of high school, Reborn had the great idea of a Vongola style trip to the amusement park! 

Tsuna was, at this point, just starting out in high school. He had decent grades, clingy friends -Gokudera-, and was fairly happy. He had no problem with going to an amusement park, why would he? Only it was Vongola style... so he's either bound to get beaten up in one way or another, or something is going to go horribly wrong. 

He already knew to prepare himself for getting bitten to death when word came out Hibari was actually going to be attending too. Reborn was far too excited compared to him. Only his dreary attitude showed in school as well... so much for a peaceful high school life.

"It's a shame you haven't gotten any consorts yet..." Reborn sighed, suddenly bringing that up after he'd just spoken about shrimp or something. Tsuna twitched slightly, knowing what he was talking about. 

"I'm not interested in that Reborn! Hibari-san and Inoue-san are different!" He exclaimed. Despite what he said, he was blushing up a storm just thinking about Kyoko...

"Different?" Apparently Reborn couldn't understand that concept despite being a child with the mental age of a middle aged man, that happens to be a world infamous hitman. 

"This is Hibari-san! He's much more assertive right? I could never do any of the things Hibari-san does, and Inoue-san isn't any different! She's gotten a lot more headstrong hasn't she?" Tsuna countered, explaining his views but only stirring Reborn to say;

"A shame since she's a perfect wife candidate." "REBORN!!" 

"Anyway Tsuna, she's still developing, at a much faster pace than you; it's like you haven't changed from middle school; Grow up already." He sounded rather sarcastic, looked pretty apathetic. Tsuna had to wonder whether or not Reborn actually cared about the matter or not. 

"I'm growing!!" He huffed, "We haven't seen Hibari-san or Inoue-san since they left for high school, not even on the streets. I wonder what they're doing and what they look like." Tsuna was curious. He was thinking of a mature and beautiful Inoue; he doubted Hibari changed much but he probably got more handsome or something. 

High school third year Inoue Mai was less of a nervous wreck, had a single plait mixed into her curly black hair,  and she no longer had a fringe. She had soft glowing skin, always smiling, she was a little taller, around 5ft 4in now. She was the school idol, so it's useless to say she was pretty. Hibari just looked maturer, shorter, choppier hair, the usual narrowed eyes promising death to anyone that looks at Mai. He was taller, more intimidating, stronger... Basically everything that Tsuna was dreading.

In the same moment that Tsuna and Reborn were chatting about them, they were sat on the floor. Mai was sat in his lap reading a book, Hibari had his arms wrapped around her waist, head on her shoulder, probably sleeping. His back was against the sofa, that they weren't on because Hibari said so. Well Mai was comfy and seeing as he was asleep, she supposed he was also. 

She was looking forward to the trip, it'd been years since she's last visited an amusement park - Hibari never liked the crowds. She guessed he only accepted was because it was 'Vongola style', and normally that meant more thrill than a roller coaster can give -and he was promised there wouldn't be large crowds. Mai was grateful, the last amusement park she went to wasn't even an amusement park anymore. It was Kokuyo Land, home of convicts and a clingy master. Hibari almost locked her up once he found out about her little rendezvous with that pineapple bastard. He didn't, just detained her by never letting her leave his side. 

The electronic devices in her bags and on her clothes increased.

Anyway, trip time. 

Of course they took a separate ride there, earlier too; Kusakabe drove them. Busses were too crowded and Kusakabe was Hibari's personal chauffeur anyway. 

"Aren't we supposed to wait for the others?" Mai frowned as she followed Hibari over to the ticket booths. They were given theirs from Reborn. 

"I don't tolerate crowding..." He grumbled, looking around and seeing a few people sauntering around; he was the slightest thankful it wasn't packed like he expected. But still, they were loud and disruptive. Namimori or not, he won't let these herbivores disregard the discipline. 

So as soon as they got inside... He cleaned up the mess. Apparently rendering over twenty people unconscious as soon as you enter the park does not contribute towards getting oneself kicked out for some reason. Mai was certain as soon as Hibari ran off to whack an unsuspecting bystander for smoking, they would be kicked out in a flash. She thought they would be, but the staff all looked pretty terrified and didn't approach them, so she thought it was tolerated. 

Mai was aware Hibari didn't really want to be here as well. He wasn't interested in any kind of attraction, not thrill rides, scary ones, nor slow ones. He probably just wanted to sit down with her and read a book or something like they usually did.  

So they went to the suspiciously empty cafe just a few minutes from the entrance. Everyone probably ran away, thankfully the staff didn't.

They took a seat outside, since it was a fairly nice day. The umbrella sheltered them from the sun and the coldness of the chairs and table were nice too. It was a really hot day for something so taxing.

Mai took off her white sunhat and bag and placed them on the spare seat beside her, Mei jumped off her hat and nestled into her hair. She flipped through the menu provided, stealing little glances at Hibari, who seemed relaxed enough. He casually skimmed through his own, leaning back on the chair. 

Mai was a little surprised when she saw he wasn't wearing his uniform, he still had it. It was customised a little bit obviously, but it was the symbol of his committee and all - although they all wore suits quite a lot nowadays... Well he wore the uniform to school quite a lot. 

Anyway, it wasn't that strange seeing him in casual wear, but it wasn't common. Not that she hated it. She always wore dresses and skirts anyway so there wasn't much to stare at in her case. Speaking of staring, she just now realised she had been doing exactly that for the past five minutes. 

Hibari was alert and looking at her, probably wondering just what she was doing. 

"A-Ah! I'm sorry for staring, I was a little lost in thought..." She exclaimed, a meek smile tugging at her lips. He just placed the menu down on the table with a sigh, before leaning back with his eyes closed. Was he thinking of taking a nap? Here? 

She was still stuck between a parfait or a cheesecake.

Author's note:

Pretty shabby ending sorry. well ill probably be dying of boredom tomorrow night too so there might be the continuation of this up then.

Although ten books I ordered are arriving so maybe not.

ah whatever i dont have any inspiration anymore i cant think of more ideas but i wanna make another Hibari or Mukuro story.

Primrose was pretty shabby anyway so I wanna make another Mukuro one thats better but then again I only have this giant story for Hibari and a small four chapter one............

Well Mukuro needs more love anyway. Not that I have the inspiration to do either...............