Trenta

Needless to say, Inoue happily followed along with Hibari as he went to some five star hotel that Dino was apparently staying in. Fon was against her coming, but she was planning on staying outside for the most part, so he gave in. Inoue's reaction to the grand hotel was pretty watered down, she looked around, saw a potted plant, saw a chandelier, saw Hibari's face, then grew excited. Since Hibari looked pretty excited, she was excited too... maybe they were together too much.

She was oblivious to the curious stares they were earning, sure, they may have looked like irresponsible kids with a child of their own, since Hibari and Fon looked so alike, but that was not the case. No, they were actually planning to go up to someone's suit and try and 'bite them to death' by going berserk and probably destroying more than a couple walls and floors. At least, Hibari was.

Inoue was slowly trailing behind them, checking out the intricate architecture and not getting in the way of their conversation, which wasn't all that important, she could tell, but the place was far too extravagant to ignore.

She hurried next to them as they entered the elevator, pretty nervous about seeing Dino again, she hadn't seen him since... the future? That was embarrassing enough as it is, but he got the memories of his future self, didn't he!?

Fon jumped off Hibari's head and onto hers.

"You're staying outside, right?" He asked once more, knowing it's better to make sure that she wasn't planning on doing anything else.

"Yes, I won't get in the way like that." She smiled, jumping slightly when she felt Hibari grab a clump of her hair. Recently, she'd had it down, since her bird always messed up the plaits. From the start, she knew Hibari preferred her hair down. She still wasn't exactly sure as to why, but maybe it was because it was easier to fiddle with rather than in a braid?

Well, she always preferred having her hair up and out of the way, so she never tried to impress anyone by having it down. But now, it was falling down her back in all it's wavy glory. Although it barely reaches the middle of it, just past her shoulder blades. Perhaps it was the way it fell messily over her face and shoulders, free and unlike the confines of a braid; he was the cloud guardian for a reason, he never liked being confined. It was bound to rub off on her, right?

"Mai." She was startled, it wasn't often he called her name, it wasn't like he never did, but usually he just spoke to her. She caught a glimpse of his eyes and the message was conveyed in that short second before he lay a small peck upon her forehead. Fon pretended to be blissfully unaware as he grinned on top of Inoue's head.

As the elevator began to reach the designated floor, Hibari let go of her and stepped forward, tonfa already in his hands. As the doors began to open, Fon jumped onto Hibari's shoulder and Mai prepared to keep out of sight completely.

Hibari stepped out as soon as the space was big enough, reassuring himself on the deal between him and Fon, before walking a short distance down the hall and walking into a room full of people he wasn't expecting.

Mai was having a silent panic attack as she remembered those faces, although that was shortly replaced by excitement.

Especially when she saw Fon -she guessed it was at least- standing in the middle of the room, unharmed after taking care of three of the members in less than a few seconds. She was tempted to laugh at Hibari's face, but the severity of the situation kinda prevented her.

-slight Manga spoilers but if you've read it you know what happens Dino's here yadayada they fight ithink-

"Dino-san!?" Mai whispered urgently, suddenly seeing the blonde approach a little worried. How he didn't see this much coming was beyond her.

"M-Mai!?" She had to shush him as his voice was far too loud. She noticed he was on the phone and turned back to watching the fight. It was fairly worrying when that Xanxus person came out, she knew that if it were a one on one, Hibari could possibly stand a chance against the man, but with everyone else and even an illusionist - people she knew Hibari hated with a passion, it was starting to look a little bad in her opinion.

He was a little mad after finding out Mai had mist flames, illusions not only brought back annoying memories, but they were annoying. Trickery was annoying, he just wanted to fight -tonfa to face-.

Things started to go badly, Fon was critically injured and was dragged into Mammon's illusionary space. When they got out, Mammon was the one getting injured. Fon returned to his baby self regretfully and Hibari was double teamed. Thankfully that commandment of Mammon's didn't apply to her, otherwise she may have died. When the condition was set, both Fon and Hibari were glad Mai was exempt from it, knowing she wouldn't be able to handle as much pain or injury as they could. For anyone interested, the condition was, 'Anyone who doubts in their victory will receive damage on their physical body'.

Fon was subjected to it, as was Mammon; when Hibari was trapped in Mammon's illusionary ice and being aimed at by Xanxus, Inoue could tell he was beginning to doubt in his victory.

"Dino-san!" She spoke hurriedly, but her words weren't necessary, as the young Cavallone was already moving.

She began to think that she should run... but then again, she doubted she'd get far. So she put up the strongest barrier she could, it wasn't like mist flames were a defensive ability, but barriers were something they could be used for.

Not that she wasn't going to run, obviously, an explosion made by both Xanxus's and Hibari's flames wasn't something she could handle.

So she ran, got down to a floor below before-

Poof.

The floor vanished in a gigantic explosion that she doubted anyone tried to hide.

Thinking about everything other than her safety, she went back up there to see Hibari and Xanxus kneeling, both watches intact, and their bodies sustaining minimal damage despite the severity of the blast.

It made her heart race.

Personally, she couldn't care about Xanxus, but seeing Hibari fighting always made her heart skip a beat. Then the allotted fight time, ended.

Easy to say, Hibari wasn't having it. The man... whatever his name was, tried to argue but-

Hibari.

Broke.

The.

Watch.

It was far too difficult to not laugh, luckily the urge was smaller than the shock and disbelief.

Dino was obviously flabbergasted, "Th-The boss watch!! You... Do you realise what you just did!?"

Mai was thinking the same thing, "Are you fine with breaking the promise to fight with me if we win?" Fon asked, getting over his initial shock quickly. Mammon was still gaping at Hibari, who just help up his tonfa and made Mai's heart fluctuate once more.

"I will fight when I want to."

It's hard to know how she fell in love with such a violent person.

Was she actually a closet masochist? No... sadist?