Ventuno

After putting the box away and swearing not to speak another word about it, she sat in the middle of the room while Hibari took a nap sitting against his bed. He wasn't on it for some reason.

Suddenly remembering the meeting earlier today, although she'd rather not wake him, she put her book aside and spoke up, "Kyoya? Are you awake?"

A single eyelid opened to look at her, "What now?" Ah... as unapproachable and grumpy as usual.

"Have you heard about Tsuna-san's inheritance ceremony?" He didn't respond so she continued, "Are you planning on going?"

"No." Like she thought. Not that she was going to force him into going since it wasn't all that important for her personally, nor Hibari.

"I'll tell them tomorrow then." She smiled, going back to her book. Hibari continued to watch her for a bit before shutting his eyes again.

Although when she entered school that next morning, separating from Hibari and making her way to Tsuna's class, she was a little unnerved by the amount of guards he had today.

"Tsuna-san?" The boy jumped in his seat before turning to see Inoue there, fiddling with her hands like usual, trying not to look at the weird people all over the class and hallway. "Kyoya said he wasn't coming to your inheritance..."

As expected, Gokudera exploded and went off on one again. Tsuna tried calming him down before thanking Inoue for coming and telling him. Not that he was going to go through with the ceremony anyway.

"Inoue-san? You weren't planning on coming too right?" Tsuna asked after finally calming Gokudera down, he sounded pretty pleading.

"Don't worry. I'd only visit afterwards." She smiled, ignoring Tsuna's cry. He wasn't alright with her turning up at all! "But since Kyoya isn't going I won't either, I hope it's okay to just congratulate you afterwards?" Tsuna couldn't believe she, too, thought he was actually willing to take over. He wanted to cry...

She bid farewell to Yamamoto, who was joking with Tsuna after he'd faceplanted the desk. Then to Gokudera who was guarding the outside, then Ryohei too.

Back to Hibari she went, with an uneasy feeling in her stomach. Something just felt odd. The hallway to the reception room was obviously clear of any people, so she had a little time to think about the strange feeling in her stomach. It wasn't like her usual embarrassment or butterflies, it was something akin to fear?

Slowly opening the door to the room, she peered in to see Hibari looking at her, wondering why she was being so shy and not just walking in like usual. "...Kyoya..." He was alert immediately, hearing the change from her usual quiet voice into a shaky and afraid whisper. He stood up and walked to go and receive her when she suddenly rushed into his arms, wrapping her own around him and gripping onto his shirt tightly. She was crying.

"I'm scared..." Her hushed voice stuttered out, not feeling the same safeness she usually does when she's near Hibari.

He was confused, obviously. She'd never acted like this before, sure, she's told him she's scared before but not to this degree. She's never ran into his embrace crying, her voice has never sounded so strained. She was never this scared without a reason, she shouldn't be.

Knowing that she couldn't answer his questions, he just held her tighter.

Her strange fears came true.

Hibari was finishing up his work and Inoue was a little thirsty, so did what anyone would do and went down to the vending machines outside. There, someone from the baseball club approached her with a textbook Yamamoto had left behind, asking her to hand it to him, as they had to get going. She was directed to the clubroom, where she began checking inside to make sure no one was getting changed or anything...