Chapter 23

Chapter 23 

It's hard to erase you... Nikki Flores "Erase You"

The sun was beginning to set and Talisha was ready to make her way back to her sister’s crib. She wasn’t intending on spending more than an hour at Malone’s house. Her sister texted her just to make sure that she didn’t run into any trouble, but Talisha didn’t feel compelled to text her back. After telling Malone that she was pregnant for Raymond made her trip to his house a complete mistake. She didn’t know if she should just turn and leave through the front door with pride or beg him not to hurt her. Malone seemed to play off his emotions about her being pregnant really well. He smiled and said, “I’m happy that you found a man that loves you enough to want you to be the mother of his seed. I can’t fault you for moving on. I just didn’t expect for shit to happen that quick. I hope you wasn’t fuckin’ over me, when we was together not that long ago either. ” 

“I’m happy that you not going off on me or some type of shit Malone. I thought that you were about to lose it on me. ‘Cause I was about to tell ya’ that I am not that girl to play with. I’m grown and I need to live for me and do what makes me happy. Shit, you know that I’m not getting any younger.” She said as her cell phone started vibrating in the palm of her left hand. 

“Mmmmhmmm, you goin’ to answer that call while we still talkin’ right now or what?” 

“Yeah, I think it’s just my sister callin’ to check up on me that’s all.”

“Naaa, how ‘bout you answer that call right now and put it on speaker phone. I just want to see if you keeping it real with me or not.” 

Talisha was not about to add more drama between her and Malone that the day could even stand. Raymond was now calling her phone and she knew it was him because the name “My Man” along with a smilie face emoji that was blowing a kiss and a wedding ring emoji to go along with it came upon her screen. He was slowly becoming her world and he didn’t even know it. The sight of seeing his name made her soul two-step to the beat of her heart which was beating quickly and loudly like as if it was a Babatunde African drum. The constant effect that he had over her was shown in her body movement, as she almost forgot about being in Malone’s living room. She had to answer Raymond’s call and not just because Malone wanted her to. With just the sudden impulse to just answer his call she placed her phone on “speaker” as soon as she said the word hello. Malone walked back to his previous seat and picked his Hennessy right back up as he tuned his ears into the conversation that was happing before him. 

“Hey, baby where you at? I was about to ask you if you were home, so I could come scoop you up. I know my lil one missing you like crazy just like her daddy.” Raymond said into the receiver as he flashed a smile that he thought even Talisha could see. 

“I’m just by my grandmother house washing some clothes right na’ thou’. It’s nice to know your lil girl is missing me too like her daddy.” She smiled back lying as she allowed the tense atmosphere between her and Malone dissolve from her happiness she was experiencing. 

“Girl, you know you could have hit me up and told me that you needed to wash clothes. You know a nigga got you like that. Why you got me speaker phone ‘cause I do hear the echo?” 

“I wasn’t thinking about all that when I started packing up my clothes to wash today. I got you on speaker just because I need to put all my clothes in the washer with two hands and that’s all.” 

“Alright, I wanted to tell you that I found out the truth about my daughter’s mother too. I don’t know if you remember, but I told you how she went on a vacation with her girls or something of that nature? Well, I ran into one of the girls she said that she was going on an all girls vacation with at Brother’s the other night, and that bitch told me that she didn’t know shit about a so-called all girls vacation! I was like yeah, huh. When I tell ya’ I felt played then a muthafucka bae a nigga felt played as fuck!” 

Talisha was getting caught up into the conversation so much that even though he was on speaker she was forgetting that Malone was listening to the entire conversation. In a way she was happy that she now had Raymond completely to herself, but she knew that she still had to smooth out the rough edges that were still being left behind from their relationship. There was still more to be discussed that was not going to be said in the presence of her ex. Malone started to whisper to Talisha as he continued to listen.

“I thought that it was your sister?” He curiously whispered as he raised an eyebrow. 

Talisha rolled her eyes at Malone’s comment as she made her way back to his front door to leave.

“Where you think you goin’ Talisha we haven’t bussed my nutt yet!” He yelled in the background loudly, which caught Raymond’s attention. 

“For real Talisha! You playin’ those types of games with me? Damn, so you back fuckin’ yo’ bitch ass ex and you tryin’ to play me like I’m one of those lames? It’s all good man, I see how you get down. Won’t you go finish helping that lame ass muthafucka catch a nutt then still talking on the phone with me.”

Malone begun to laugh in the background and even felt the need to say more than he intended to do. Talisha wanted to scream her heart out at Malone. He was tickled from Raymond’s reaction and buzzed from the Hennessy, so he was enjoying himself. 

“I’m a bitch ass huh nigga?! We going to see who going to be talking all that shit when yo’ ole lady is goin’ to be bent over my sofa taking this dick in her ass nigga! Now that’s funny muthafucka!” 

“Talisha, I’m not about to level myself to that childish ass bullshit you pulling along with him. Whenever you finished tasting his baby mama pussy in yo’ mouth, you make sho’ that you wash that shit and then holla at a real man. Me and you can’t keep conversing if you don’t know who and what you want out of life. I’m goin’ to hang up and leave it like that. I hope you have the time of your life taking that dick too.”  Raymond replied back before he hung up the phone.

“Well, damn it looks like you having a bit trouble in paradise, huh Talisha? Malone asked as laughed even harder than before.

He wanted to make things up to Talisha before hearing about her being pregnant for Raymond which taunted at his heart in many ways. He didn’t want to feel like boyfriend number two, but he realized once she stopped by his home; that he wasn’t going to let her go that easily.