Chapter 13

Chapter 13 

And I wish I never fell so deep in love with you and now there anit no way we can be friends... Trey Songz, "Can't Be Friends"

Raymond didn't want to cause a scene in front of Talisha, but the amount of respect he had for her was undeniable. All he wanted to know at that moment in time was that nigga's where about's. As he started to pull out of the parking lot waiting for the busy Saturday night streets to clear on Manhattan; he looked over at Talisha. 

"I wish I didn't love you as much as I do, and we only just friends ya' know?" He said now pulling off.

"Raymond, you are in a relationship with a women who is crazy as hell about you and who is faithful. Don't fight my already fucked up battles that might get you killed." 

"Baby, I respect that you respect my so-called relationship with my baby mama. You know that she anit you. Now, where am I going?" He replied back with a slight grin.

"Yeah, I guess Raymond, plus I don't want any more problems tonight. We can just save that for another day or night whatever you want, but tonight should just be focus on us. You can just take me home on that note." 

"One thing about me that you need to know is that when I love, I love hard no matter who they may be. I am not afraid to say that I love you. The lifestyle that I live is strictly business. I don't go to work to buss my ass just to say that I am taking care of my daughter and baby mama. I grind so my daughter don't have to be out here in these streets crying over a broke muthafucka' who disrespecting her." He said reluctantly while keeping his eyes on the highway.

To Raymond money was the motivation to better living along with the mindset. His father died when he was fifteen from a heroin overdoes in his apartment in the Iberville Projects. No one could convince his father that getting high wasn't a right way to live life. His father was selfish and he never questioned why him and his mother didn't last to their tenth year anniversary. He tried to establish a relationship in during his early teenage years with the man that his mother now have grown to hate with a burning passion. His mother was a single parent to four children and worked three jobs to keep food on the table and clothes on all of their backs. All Raymond ever wanted was his mother to not have to suffer to be happy. Since, his father Raymond Falcon, who he was named after, had chosen heroin to love him past his pain, Raymond chose God, 

There was no greater love he found after his father terrible passing that everyone saw coming. He sometimes wonder if he would ever fall in love with a women that could share her love Christ with him. Raymond wasn't the type to push God down any one's throat. He just wanted a women with a strong faith and self-control. He went to church when he had a chance and that is where he met Mama Jingles and Talisha. Mama Jingles took a strong liking to Raymond and his spiritual character that he always let shined through. He knew that there wasn't nothing about Ms. Jingles that was holy, holy, praise the Lord! Her sketchy background and a few legendary coke pushing candy lady stories from around the way made him keep a close eye on her. Seeing Talisha worship God in church made him smile, since it was something that his baby mama took no pride in doing. 

Raymond would bring along his daughter Farea' for company and to as well get her blessing too. His daughter loved Talisha and her natural hair as well. If it wasn't for her Farea's mother probably would have smacked that creamy crack in her head when she made four years old. Raymond loved the connection that his daughter and her shared it was truly unbreakable. Deep inside he felt that he was just punishing the both of them for interacting on such a strong level. He kept both of them away from each other for months, and Talisha thought that it was his baby mama doing it, when all along it was Raymond. He longed to see his daughter and her mother bond like Talisha and her did, but the chemistry wasn't there and seem to be almost forced by Raymond. 

Raymond passed through the open gates of  the Stone Bridge community where he called home. With saving a damn good credit, he finally had a home that costs a little over $400,000 dollars. He felt secure in his four bedroom with three bath single family house. Just from the look of the outside of his home, spoke rich in high volumes. Talisha seriously had no idea who home Raymond was taking her too or whose house party she was about to be attending. All Talisha knew was that she wasn't ready for what was about to go down. She started to feel even more uneasy with Raymond and his surprises. 

"Where are you taking me Raymond? You know damn good and well that I don't live no where near million dollar houses." She said as he pulled up to a long drive way. 

"Talisha chill! You will be staying the night at my house with me and my daughter. Her mama is out on vacation with her girls in Trinidad for the next few weeks. Just call and tell your sister don't wait up for you. I also have someone special who is inside." He replied stepping out of his car with his daiquiri. 

"I'm not fuckin' you Raymond, if that's what you think!" She boasted with her ear to her Iphone calling her sister. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! That's what your mouth say! And, I have a new tooth brush in my bathroom upstairs that you can use to wash out that shitty mouth of yours too!" He laughed teasing her as he opened up his front door. 

She smiled back at him feeling played, but couldn't help but laugh. Her sister answered her phone on the fourth ring. 

Before she could tell her sister anything Warren voice answered the phone. 

"Talisha, this Warren I'm going to be with your sister for the rest of the night." He said as he heard Casey in the background laughing. 

"Damn, so that's how y'all play the game now? Huh?" 

"You on speaker phone Talisha. You think you going to be the only one getting some play tonight? Huh, bitch?" Casey said while laughing.

"Y'all two is fuckin' trifling and I'm done with y'all two." 

"Okay, fine with me sister, just know that you better tell me how Raymond blew that back out too." 

Talisha laughed and told her sister goodnight. She could care less about her and Warren's unapologetic ways even though some where back in her mind wondered if her sister told him about what they found out before. He thoughts were interrupted with Raymond telling her to come inside. The his sound system built into the white walls in his huge living room blasted Trey Songz oldie, but goodie R&B track "Can't Be Friends." 

The mood as well as reality started to seep in. All fun and games where completely done and Raymond and Talisha was face to face staring at one another deep into their guilty souls. The guilty souls of two lovers that long to be with each other, but just remained friends. 

"We need to be lovers." He spoke into her ear as he held her body close to his as the music pinched both of their emotions for one another.

She felt his hardness brush against her thigh wanting the affection that he missed. 

She smile at him and mouthed to him along with Trey Songz, "And there anit no way I could just be friends with you."