CHAPTER 49

Nandini POV

We reached outside of the familiar mansion at evening. I'm coming at this place after long five years and I still don't have any clue why we are here in Delhi in front of Mahaveer Thakkar family mansion which he occupied with his wife Mrinal Thakkar after the death of his father Mrityunjai Thakkar because it was his death wish leaving the house of a Mumbai under Abhis care.

''Sorry sir you cant go inside if you are no relative or friend with him and if its business then he never discuss it in his house.'' When I was busy staring the mansion Manik was talking through guards since 10 mins who aren't letting us in.

''Do you have any idea who I am?'' Manik asked in his all time dark threating and arrogant tone.

''We really are sir and well aware of what you can do to us but sir its strict order and we are helpless since we work for him.'' Guard tried to make Manik see through his point and  I rolled my eyes finally deciding to get a hold of it and cut of whatever it is.

''Will you please check your visitors list for Nandini Murthy and if not then  send him my words that Nandini was here.''I sounded bored and tired  And listening to me they instantly checked on their laptop and their eyes widen in realisation before they rushed to open the big iron gates guiltily  apologizing . '' we are sorry Ma'am really very sorry for making you suffer. Please don't complain it to him please.'' I nodded in understanding and look towards Manik staring at me with wide eyes and mouth hanging open in shock.

''what?'' I asked '' Now drive will you?''

''what the hell! I wasted so much time to convince them losing my mind and you were sitting there silently knowing all along. Why didn't you speak before.'' He sounds mad but I don't care anymore.

''because you never ask.'' I shrugged and he looked even more shocked but let it go anyways before driving inside.

*********

''Nandini what a pleasant surprise !'' when we got inside the beautiful and well furnished house the sight of Mr and Mrs Thakkar greeted us who was sitting there in living area. I hugged both of them tightly.

''And how come you are here with the tycoon Mr Manik Malhotra?'' Mr Thakkar asked surprised. ''Sorry for my manners young man, Welcome in my house. I was just  surprised to see you here.'' he exchanged pleasantries with Manik. ''Oh ! not a problem at all sir. I understand.'' he smiled.

''so how you've been my little girl?'' this time he turns to ask me taking me again in a bear hug and I sighed feeling the warmth of a close elder who hasn't been less than a guardian angel to me.

''Now have seen you both am alive again.'' I smiled looking at Mrs Thakkar as well and squeezing her hand for assurance who was staring at me with love and admiration.

''Oh my darling now come here!'' this time it was Mrs Thakkar who pulled me in bear hug and feeling her motherly warmth I let it go , let go each and everything I was holding with in me since past month and sobbed in her arms like a lost child. ''Nandini baby! whats wrong? Is everything okay?'' she asked sounding worried and tender in the same time.

Since my mother fell into coma she has been a great mother to me. They both did everything for me which was a parents duty which should be done by my parents but they are serving me as my guardian angel since so many years filling that void place of a parent in my heart which I always have been craving ever since.

''Nothing just missed you both so much!'' well it wasn't entirely a lie. I actually did miss them. I am seeing them after eight months.

''Okay now enough crying. Go get freshen up and we all would be talking on dinner table and well let me tell you a secret I hired a woman 4 months ago which cooks exactly like your mother. The same taste, the same aroma everything. Just the way your mother used to cook. You really will be glad eating tonight I bet.'' Mr  Thakkar said whispered in my ears making me surprised.