CHAPTER 41

MANIK POV

Its is my second day in Bangkok and I came bac to my hotel after meeting my client who was making some fuss about the ongoing project, I am trying to handle this matter as soon as possible because my new project sight construction is on hold and second reason because I wanted to go back Chandigarh as soon as possible to the girl I left behind unfinished. I know what, I know I already convinced my client Tang Wei almost and my manager will take care of him from here. I just have to wait for his call and my work will be over here. Tang Wai want some instant change in our project all of a sudden and he threatened if I wont do as he says he will draw back all his money because he is our investor in this new hotel project here in Bangkok. He was all good and satisfied with the project before and I am damn sure some rival of mine has hands in it. And I always been best in handling my rivals and they cant fear me because these things are common in business world.

I was so caught up in all these that I never got time to call anyone back home. So, I quickly fish out my phone from the table and called on Haweli landline number, after two four rings someone picked I never expected. My Dad.

''Hello Malhotra Haweli.'' my dad speak from other side his voice was cold and stiff like always.

'hey dad! its me ,Manik.'' I answered my voice a little hesitant.

''Manik!'' he sounded surprised , the least emotion from him. ''So, how was the business going there?'' he asked.I felt a little hurt that he cared more about business than asking about my well being first. I ignored the saddening thought knowing he always been like this...distant and uncaring. And last encounter was the topic for some other time.

''Well! it almost sorted out, I talked to Mr Tang Wei, it took lots of time to convince him again but, I finally did it. And I am sure it was not Mr Wei who was making fuss, it has a hand of our rivals. My manager is on the bait already and I am waiting for his call. And I am sure I will receive one by this evening.''  I explained dad and he was hearing me patiently.

''I knew only you can do it.'' it was his usual cold and stiff tone but I still felt I vibe of pride deep somewhere in his voice. As if I made some heart to heart connection.

''So,how are you and everyone at home?'' I asked wanted to talk to my father more, because we never shared a relationship like any other normal father and son. We never been in touch for a casual warming conversation other than business. My life is worst than any orphan when it comes to my parents. I quickly drank back the stinging tears which almost came out just by the mare thought.

''Everyone is fine  and busy with Dhruv and Aliya's wedding preparations. Thats it. Well..how are..are ..you?'' and here came a shock did my father really asked that and did he really sound hesitant. Oh my God!.

''Yeah, now heard from you so I think I am much better now.'' I wanted to keep my answer casual but I hinted my happiness and meaning behind this. 

''its good  then, hope to see you..soon.'' saying this he hanged up because he may be felt awkward by  my reaction and by his own before. I still couldn't believe he really asked about me and he said he is hoping to see me..soon. I know I may be exaggerating like a teen or child but I wont complain or feel embarrassed because I missed this little things as a child. 

I was smiling to myself looking the Bangkok city from the glass window of my luxurious presidential suite when my phone goes of loudly and I took it to check Cabir's name flashing over it and I rolled my eyes before answering the call.

''hey buddy! you almost forget us.'' his dramatic voice blared from other side.

''God!! Your are turning into a complete drama queen every new day.'' I growled.