"22"

I was surprised to be the first to wake up first. As I sat up slowly on the bed. Lucy's sleeping face besides me. She's curled up in a fetal position, breathing peacefully. It's nice to see her like this. For once not shouting or punching me.

I rub the back of my neck, a blush creeping up all over me. I hesitate but I swallow down my nervousness and kiss her on her forehead. She doesn't react. She must be deep asleep. "Hey guys—" I lean back from Lucy's forehead. Zeref is at the door, eyebrows raised. "Well, well."

I glare at him. "Not the time."

"So Lucy's still sleeping. You should wake her up, we've made breakfast. Mavis might be tiny, but she can sure cook a whole lot. Not without my help of course."

"How about—no," I say, removing the blanket away from me as I stand up. "I don't want to wake her up. She'll wake up eventually. I'll let her sleep."

Zeref smirks at me, like this is something between us. "Well aren't you thoughtful? Who knew."

I look back at Lucy's sleeping figure. Already standing in front of Zeref. She's shifted to the other side but still sleeping. "Ok, okay. Let's go. You'll wake her up."

After breakfast, Zeref tells me that I should go to the basement. Our rather our large workout room. There's ton of equipment down there. Especially my punching bag. "You coming?" I say, before leaving.

"I'll be there in a moment." He says, opening up the fridge.

"Oh Natsu!" Mavis says walking next to me, stopping. She has a glass of orange juice in her hand with a straw and she places it down on a table next to the sofa. "You're still interested in boxing?"

"Yeah. Why?" I say, "I do it all the time. If I have the time of course."

"That's cool. Zeref mentioned that you want to become a famous boxer one day."

"Oh did he?" I say, annoyed. "Well, I don't if I'll be famous. But I do enjoy it."

"Hey! You and me. Come on, show me what you got!" Mavis says with a big grin on her face. She spreads apart her legs and raises both her fists in front of her. Bouncing back and forth.

"Um, I don't think it's a good idea." I say, watching as she tries to aim her fist at me. "Why? Is it because I'm short! I can handle it!"

"Mavis, leave my little brother alone." Zeref said from the kitchen. He sounded tired but laughed anyways. Mavis stops and drops her hands to her sides. "Yeah, never mind then. Honestly, I think Lucy could take you on much more easily then I can."

My eyes widen. "Did she say that?"

"No. But seeing as she punches you all the time." Mavis giggles, dropping to the sofa.

"Well. It's not like she punches me because she's stronger." I say. "But because she loves me so much." I grin.

"Yeah, I can tell." Mavis smiles back.

"Well, see you later. I'm gonna go get some punches in." I
start to walk away. I already prepared my water bottle filled it in with nice cold water. I walk down the steps, the basement doesn't look like a basement. It looks new. The walls are in new condition. The floor is wood. And there's a plasma TV hung on the wall. Most of all there's working equipment everywhere. My brother must have spent a fortune and probably hardly ever uses it. There's an area where all the boxing gloves sit in these cubbies. I take the ones that belong to me. My red boxing gloves. With my name on them.

I put them on swiftly into my hands. I look at them and admire the look and feel.

Then I'm face to face with a black punching bag. And I start moving my muscles as they begin to contract near my shoulder blades as I take swing back and forth. Sweat already soaking through my red t-shirt. I sit down and take my shirt off, controlling my breathing. And then I stand up and start punching again. "Holy damn." I heard Lucy's voice, I darted my eyes to her.