"19"

Lengthy Chapter; usual is 2,000 or less

We took a long trip back home on car. I was so excited to return back home. But as soon as I checked my emails and messages they blew up right in my face, hundreds of messages from Zeref. Okay, only twenty-nine:

Hey bro. How's your top of the morning?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? YOU'VE LEFT SCHOOL ON A ROAD TRIP FOR THE SUMMER WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME!!??

Ur so dead when you come back...

Hey! Why won't you answer. The least you could do is answer.

I'm worried...

WHY HAVEN'T YOU ANSWERED??

I'm seriously going to destroy everything you own.

Oh...guess what? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I tossed Happy in the washer the other day. I know how much you loved that dumb stuffed blue cat from that cartoon on TV. NOT ONLY DID I WASH THE FILTHY THING SINCE YOU LAST WASHED WHEN YOUR WERE FIVE, I GAVE IT TO MY DOG!

That's how angry i am.

And I raged at my phone, swiping furiously. I can't believe he did Happy like that. How could he? I felt actually hurt for a second, but quickly replaced with all the anger boiling inside me. Then again, it's my fault. For not messaging Zeref and explaining everything to him. When we arrived finally, we decided we'd all stop at our favorite hangout place that we've missed: the coffee shop. Even though, I don't like coffee. Or anything sweet with it as cream and sugar.

"It's so...GREAT TO BE BACK HOME!" Sting says, nearly breaking down the door as we enter the small cornered building. Everything is the same. I wish we could all show up and say what's up to all our schoolmates: Cana, Loke, Mira, all the others. But high school's done, we're adults now.

"Stop shouting," Gray scowls, under his breath. As he helps Juvia with her bag. She giggles looking at him like he's the only one in the room.

"I'm so gonna get that mocha-chip latte." Lisanna says, excitedly to no one in particular as she stalks away to the front.

"Do you think Jellal's here, Erza? He is the manager, isn't he?" Lucy looks at Erza, but Erza is scrolling through her phone until she realized what Lucy said. "Actually it's just a part-time job. He just applied for college..."

"Seems legit." Sting nods, grabbing Yukino's hand. "Guys, we're off. My friend's here to pick me and Yuki. I hate to leave now."
He winces, Yukino hugs his arm for comfort.

"It's cool." Lucy says, too quick and casual. Sting picks up easily as he squints at her and smirks, "You're only saying that, because you want to get rid of me. Don't cha?"

Lucy eyes go wide as she and I exchange smiles. "Pfft, no way! I'll totally want you to stay after spending an entire whole summer dealing with you and your dirty big mouth."

"Hey, don't forget his obnoxious singing in the shower while we were trying to watch movies in fucking peace." Lisanna raises her eyebrow at us and darts her eyes to Sting with a laughing smile. One of the employees hands her a receipt and latte.