Thirteen || What If?

Klay woke up with a pounding headache and a dry throat. He stood up and walked gingerly to the bathroom, brushing his teeth and washing his face.

"AY ANYONE GOT AN ADVIL?" Draymond yelled through the suite.

"TAKE EM." KD yelled, throwing the pills towards Draymond.

"Where's Klay?" Draymond said as he rubbed his temples, trying to get rid of his headache.

"He's probably still sleeping." KD sighed.

A few seconds later, Draymond's phone rang. He shuffled around the pocket of his sweatpants and dug his phone out. He looked at the caller ID to see Steph's name.

"Baby face! What's up?" Draymond greeted Stephen.

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU AND KD THINKING?!" Steph yelled through the phone.

"Woah, hello to you too." Draymond said, putting the call on speaker.

"You guys are a bunch of idiots." Steph said.

"What did we do?" Draymond asked, oblivious to the situation.

"Did y'all not see the pictures that leaked on Twitter from last night?" Steph asked, as Draymond and KDs eyes got wide.

"What do you mean?" Draymond asked, motioning KD to go on Twitter.

"Go into Twitter, one of you." Steph ordered.

"How did she leave with us? I swear we left when she wasn't looking." KD said, shaking his head as he scrolled through the pictures.

"Why are you guys in Vegas in the first place?" Steph groaned.

"We just thought Klay needed some time to think." Draymond explained.

"Vegas is the last place to take someone to think." Steph raised his voice.

"Just as long as he didn't sleep with her." KD shrugged.

"Well now that we know that didn't happen, we still have to worry about what Lauren will think when she sees these pictures." Steph sighed.

"Eesh and I are going over to Klay and Lauren's house to clean up the mess. We know that Lauren won't be back anytime soon and that Klay wouldn't even bother cleaning it up." Steph said as he hung up.

Draymond threw his phone across the couch, letting out a big sigh.

"We fucked up." KD said as Draymond nodded.

"Morning." Klay said as he walked into the living room of their suite.

"You didn't sleep with her did you?" KD have Klay the look.

"Hannah? No." Klay shrugged.

"Hey Klay thanks for letting me borrow your clothes I'll get them back to you tomorrow." A familiar voice said before heading out the door.

"Oh, and I had fun last night." She said, winking before disappearing into the hallway, heading out of the hotel.

"KLAY WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!" Draymond yelled.

"What?" Klay shrugged.

"What about Lauren, man?" KD shook his head.

"Lauren? I don't know her." Klay said, sarcastically before walking to the kitchen.

"This is gonna be harder to fix than I thought." Draymond sighed, earning an nod from KD.

*Back at The Bay*

Ayesha and Steph pulled up to the empty Thompson household, unlocking the front door revealing a mess.

"This looks just like Klay's old house when he was single." Ayesha sighed.

The couple got to work on cleaning the house, putting everything back where they were before the mess. They finished downstairs and headed upstairs to the master bedroom.

"Where do you think their kids are?" Steph asked.

"Kamila probably took them somewhere." Ayesha said. She was cleaning up the closet when she noticed two pieces of jewelry laying on the shelf.

"Stephen?" Ayesha called out.

"What's up?" He responded to his wife.

"Come here." Ayesha said.

"Are those what I think they are?" Ayesha's voice was shaking. She was pointing to two wedding rings laying on the shelf.

"They both took it off." Steph whispered.

"This can't be, this isn't right." Ayesha sighed.

"Look at this." Steph said, removing the tangled necklaces and pulling out a picture of a young family.

"That's her daughter, Brooklyn." Ayesha said, looking at the writing on the back of the photograph.

"That must be the father then." Steph said, pointing to Chance.

"Look there's more photos." Ayesha whispered, looking through the pile of unseen pictures from Lauren's past.

"We really shouldn't be going through her stuff like this." Ayesha warned.

"But this is the only way we'll get somewhat reliable information. Lauren isn't going to tell us the whole story." Steph replied.

With that, Steph pulled out another picture, revealing Chance and Brooklyn.

"Read what it says on the back." Ayesha said, as Steph flipped over the photo.

Lauren,
Congratulations on your engagement! Brookie and I are beyond happy for you. I know you haven't replied in years, but we just want to let you know that we're still here for you. We wish you the best in your marriage, and hope that it all works out. Also, Brookie just had her first day of third grade today. She's growing up so fast. I made sure to keep that promise to take care of her, in hopes that she will grow up to be just like you. I know I sound like a broken record but I'm making sure of that. We love and miss you.

Love always,
Chance and Brookie

Steph and Ayesha let out a deep sigh after they read the note.

"He still sent her pictures and notes even after she cut all communication with him." Steph said.

"Wait, check these out." Ayesha breathed, as she pulled out a pile of notes.

"She did try and write letters back to Chance. She just never sent them." Ayesha said.

"I think this is enough snooping through for today." Steph chuckled.

"Let's get back to cleaning." Ayesha sighed.

"This is gonna be harder to fix than I thought." Steph shook his head.

"Why's that?" Ayesha turned around to reveal Stephen reading one of Lauren's unsent letters.

"What if she still loves him?" Steph said quietly.

Author's Note: ooop thoughts? Comments? Concerns? I'm so sorry it took me ten thousand years to update! Finals are coming up and I've been on the non-stop study grind. But don't worry, in two weeks when I'm on break, expect frequent updates! I'm trying to provide quality updates for you guys, and so I make sure each chapter is gold before publishing it. Also, please don't hate me for the amount of drama that's been going on, it's part of the story! Please don't forget to comment and vote! Much looveee❤️xoxo xoxo