Six || Just Like Her Mom

"Chance?" Was all Lauren could get out of her mouth. He gave her a smile that made the crinkles in his eyes visible. Lauren felt her heart sink. She remembered that smile all too well.

"Hey." Chance whispered, as he looked Lauren in the eyes.

"Ahem, um, what are you doing here?" Lauren said in an anxious tone, knowing that Ayesha and Sydel were listening in.

"I actually met KD and Draymond at the fair last week, and they gave me free courtside seats to tonight's game. But it's so nice to see you. It's been a while." Chance smiled.

"It's nice to see you too, Chance. I hope you're doing well." Lauren's voice cracked.

"Thanks, you too. I'll see you around?" Chance said as Lauren nodded. He turned his head and walked back to his seat, a few seats away from Lauren.

"Who was that?" Ayesha whispered.

"Oh him? That's Chance, he was a childhood friend." Lauren said.

"Aw, he seems sweet." Ayesha smiled.

"Yeah, he is." Lauren smiled back. After that, the second half started.

The Warriors ended up winning by twenty points. Lauren said goodbye to Ayesha and Sydel as she made her way to the tunnel to meet her husband.

"Great game tonight babe." Lauren said quite calmly.

"Thanks, I'm hyped!" Klay said jumping up and down.

"Ayo Klay!" Draymond yelled as he was walking down the tunnel.

"What's up bro?" Klay said, turning around.

"Wanna celebrate the win tonight with us?" Draymond asked Klay and Klay looked to his wife.

"Thanks bro, but I'm gonna spend the night with the wifey." Klay said, grabbing Lauren by the waist.

"C'mon bro! What happened to China Klay?" Draymond frowned.

"It's okay babe, have fun with your teammates tonight. I'll stay home with the kids." Lauren assured her husband.

"No, I wanna spend time with you." Klay whined

"Thompson, we literally live together and I see you everyday." Lauren chuckled.

"Baaabeee-" Klay started.

"Shhh, no. Go have some fun with the team! I'll be fine, I promise." Lauren said, giving her husband a peck on the lips.

"Okay." Klay sighed.

"I'll see you in a bit." Klay said.

"And I'll see you later, bud." Klay said, kissing his daughter on the cheek.

"I'll take care of Klay bae, don't worry." Draymond said as he pulled Klay and started skipping.

Lauren chucked and shook her head as she headed towards the exit with Addy. Lauren quickly got into the car service along with Kamila, making their way home.

"Does Klay know about Chance?" Kamila asked Lauren.

"No." Lauren sighed.

"I think that you should tell him." Kamila suggested.

"But how? I forgot about that part of my life for a reason." Lauren rubbed her forehead.

"Laur, I know it's a dark past, but he's your husband, he needs to know." Kamila said to her older sister.