Chapter 13

A ball of lint was in my pocket, and there was a piece of Nick’s hair.  Relieved, I took a deep breath, but knew if I didn’t get it in the potion this would all be for nothing.  “Luke what was that? I’m scared.” I said daintily.  “Please Luke.” I begged.  “All right stand next to me.” He commanded loosening the chain around my arm.  Was he actually falling for this? “Remember one wrong move and Dante is gone.” He reminded. “ I’ve waited so long for this moment.  You thought it’d end if you disappeared.  Only you knew how to make it! but I’m never going to stop until I have everything.” He vowed.  So, he didn’t kill Dante yet there was hope!  Suddenly, the room was brightened and I saw he already had everything mixed together  except the wolfs bane.  “Luke?” I asked trying to be cute.  “What?” He asked annoyed.  “I just wanted to say I think your need for power makes you better than Dante and that I like you more than him.” I lied.  “Really?” He asked leaning closer to me.  Keeping my thoughts straight was a challenge, but I managed to do it.  “Say that again.” He requested.  While, he was distracted looking at me I moved the potion closer and closer until it was it was in my reach.  “Luke kiss me I!” I commanded.  As he leaned towards me I threw the lint ball in the vile, and shoved the bottle down his throat.  

This caught him totally my surprise, and I prepared myself to feel his wrath.  Instead, he fell to the ground withering in pain eyes closed.  Taking this as my escape opportunity I tried to find the door, and Dante burst it open.  “Alex I heard the whole thing.  I’m sorry.  Now leave I don’t want you to see this.” He ordered.  “You’re not going to kill him, are you?” I asked.  “Yes now leave.  Alex is a danger to himself, mankind, and most importantly us.” He stated.  Luke’s hand started shaking very badly. “No!” I yelled standing in front of him.  “Alex please be reasonable.” “NO, Isn’t it true that when vampires die by a werewolves way they don’t become ghosts they just disappear?” I asked.  Luke’s whole body was shaking.  “DANTE STOP!” I begged.  Luke’s body stopped.  “Yes, Alex it’s true.  Why do you care?” He asked.  “Luke’s soul mate was the one who saved me.  You couldn’t see her because vampires can’t see ghosts.  I can’t just let her die without Luke.  She could change Luke Dante please!” I pled.  “Fine.” He agreed, but lied.  From the look on his face I could tell he was about to kill Luke.  In a last attempt, I stood in front of looking hoping to take the hit for him. It worked.  Extreme pain shot through every cell in my body.  My head felt like it was exploding into a million little pieces.  Standing up and keeping my eyes open became so difficult it stopped.  I heard someone screaming, and realized it was me.  Cold arms picked me up, and Dante realized what he had done.  “No! This can’t happen! Not again!  I won’t let you die Alex!” He vowed.  At that moment I blacked out.

        I woke up in my bedroom in Dante’s house.  “Thank goodness your up!” Dante exclaimed pulling me into a tight embrace along with Nick, and Savannah.  “Alex please forgive me.” Dante begged.  “No.” I said defiantly.  “Maybe she’s still hurt.” Savannah murmured.  “No, I’m perfectly fine. Dante you lied to me when I really needed you not to.  You wanted to use me to take over the world with Luke.  I can’t take this anymore.  No amount of happiness is worth the hurt and stress you cause me!” I ranted.  “Alex please you just woke up.” Dante said.  “No Dante I’m leaving.” I declared.  “You know that’s not an option.” He said darkly.  “Dante please I need some space and time to think. At least a few months.” I begged.  “No, it’s not safe, and I’ll miss you and we need each other!” He argued.  “Dante I think it’d be better for us if I had some space.” I explained.  “Are you done with me?” He asked.  “No, I just think that It’d be better if we spend some time apart just a few months.” I repeated.

“She could stay with Savannah and I.” Nick blurted out.  Dante’s eyes changed from a definite no to starting accept the idea.  “What if you don’t come back?” He asked all his vulnerability and pain showing.  For a few minutes I didn’t say anything.  “Besides what brought on this change?” He asked.  “Everything.  I just need some time to sort everything out alone.  You need to see who your enemies are, and how to control everything.  If I wasn’t here this wouldn’t have happened.  Who knows who Luke gave that recipe too? Time and space will do us good.” I answered easily.  “It’s just I lost you once and it was pure hell I can’t go through that again.” He said.  “I’ll come back.” I promised.  “How will I know?”  He asked.  “Look Dante either you trust me at this point or you don’t.” I said.  “I trust you, and then he turned to Nick, “I trust you to take care of her with every fiber of your being or you will pay the price.” He threatened.  “Don’t talk to him like that!” Savannah warned.  “Well I guess it’s settled.” Nick said.  “Wait, what did you do to Luke?” I asked.  “I healed him, and killed him with a stake so he could die properly.” Dante answered.  “Oh, Thank You! I love you!” I exclaimed.  Dante looked sad, and his eyes looked like they were dying.  Leaving him like this hurt me, but I needed this time and space or I’d go insane. “Well you 3 better start packing.” He called as he left.

Once again my life was turning every which way because of Dante.  When Dante had first kidnapped me everything of mine was gone.  My house, my family, and my identity.   He had brought everything back for me, and showed me that love could exist.  He also showed who I really was, and it helped me to who I was going to be now.  Just because I was leaving now wouldn’t mean I’d forget Dante.  Now, I had to reflect and think about what had happened and what I was going to do with my life.  I didn’t know what was in store for me, or if it’d have anything to do with my past.  One thing that I knew that would never changed was that some part of me no matter how big or small would always care about him, Dante.