Chapter 12

That kiss wasn’t our last for the next 2 months.  I was in the love, and everything seemed to be on top of the world.  Dante seemed to have learned from his past mistakes about over possessiveness, and didn’t go all psycho most of the time.  The few times he did he made it up to me, and it mostly involved the wolves who Nick was now allowed to see again.  Only Nick was allowed out, but I didn’t need to go outsince I was with Dante.  He was now my obsession in a good way!  I loved him, and he loved me.  For the first time in my life I loved someone more than life itself.  My original plan had been scrapped, but Luke was always careful to warn me about Dante.  At times it seemed like he was always pointing out the smallest negative things.  Like if Dante tightened his grip on my hand or if he pulled me closer.  Although it was nice to know I had an ally.

In the past few months Savannah and Nick had become more serious than Dante and I.  I was happy for them.  In my mind, Luke’s dead soul mate still picked at me and made me sad.  

I had to ask Luke about the note thing.  We were playing hangman, and Luke and Dante were writing.  Dante’s handwriting wasn’t the elegant script on the notes in the morning.  Luke’s handwriting was though.   Why was Luke leaving notes that said D? As I walked to Luke’s room I thought and questioned, but nothing seemed right.   I went to knock on his door, but I heard him talking.  Right before my hand could reach the door I pulled it back.  Not wanting to snoop I tried to walk away, but curiosity got the best of me. Quietly I sat next to the door and tried to listen.   “Everything is going well, but she’s not remembering as fast as I hoped.  I’ll have to see if I can jog her memory.  Dante doesn’t suspect a thing, and Alex doesn’t seem to be picking up on it from before.  If all goes well I should have it by next week.  End record.”  He finished.  What was he going to have?  What wasn’t I picking up on?  Suddenly, the door opened and a very angry looking Luke scowled at me.  

“What are you doing here?”  He asked angrily.  “I wanted to ask about lunch.”  I lied.  He walked towards me, and when I tried to run he grabbed both my arms and threw me over his shoulder.  I tried screaming and kicking, but all my efforts were in vain.  Dante wasn’t home, but Nick and Savanah were.  In a last desperate attempt I tried to knock a vase over with my foot.  While Luke was distracted with catching it I punched one of his fangs with all the energy I could muster.  Of course, nothing happened except for Luke getting angrier.  “Alex are you going to cooperate?”  He asked his voice dripping with venom.  “No!” I spat angrily.  “Fine then.” He said.  Before I knew what was happening  his mouth was next to my neck with his fangs only an inch away.  “Luke don- Before I could finish I felt his fangs pierce my skin.  My knees locked and I fell to the ground before I passed out.

When I woke up I was in an unfamiliar dark windowless room.  The ground felt like concrete and the walls were brick.  As my eyes tried to adjust to the darkness I realized my right arm was chained to a brick  wall.  When I tried to stand up I couldn’t due to feeling too weak.  Then, it I got an extremely horrible headache.  It was as if someone had run me over and was now using my head as drums.  Slowly, the pain began to dull, but images were flying through my head.  There were memories my childhood before, how Dante and I met, Savannah, the wolves, and finally Luke.  For a few hours all I saw were memories of my past.  Each one passed as a glimpse, but they were all in my memory now.  The last one was of Luke.  I saw him poisoning Dante’s food.  When I confronted him he threatened to kill Dante unless I gave him something.  Desperately, I tried to focus on that memory and remember what that something was.  It was just blurry after his threat.  What did he want?  As if right on cue Luke himself appeared.

Everything about him seemed so different now.  Instead of his usual hairstyle, his blonde hair was in spikes.  His whole demeanor was changed.   Normally, he would be smiling or making a joke, but now he was wearing a dark cloak and scowling at me.  The big difference now was that I was scared of him.  Suddenly, he stopped scowling and smiled like a snake.  “Hello Alex.” He greeted darkly.   “Luke please let me go.”  I begged.  “Not yet, Alex you have something you need to give me.”  He responded.  “What do you want?”  I asked.  “Don’t play dumb with me you know what I want.  To think I hadn’t thought of this sooner.  Biting you made you remember everything including the recipe.”  He said.  “I don’t know anything about a recipe.”  I told him.   “Well maybe my friend will be able to convince you.”  He said. After disappearing for a moment he reappeared with a huge snake.  “My friend won’t kill you, but you’ll be in extreme pain when he’s done.  Then I expect you’ll be ready to cooperate.”  He said while putting the snake down.  “Luke don’t do this.” I pled.  With a shake of his head he left the room.