Chapter 11

Savanah’s room looked sleep over-fied. The bed was replaced by 2 pink furry sparkly sleeping bags on the ground. There was table set up in her room full of junk food.  “So what do you want to do first? Makeovers, pillow fight, or a movie with junk food?” She hyperly asked.  “How about we just talk?” I asked.  “About what?” she asked suspiciously. “Boys.” I answered awkwardly.  “Ok.” She said.  After a few minutes she turned to me angrily.  “How come boys can be so thick headed?  Nick always believes everything Dante does is bad.  Why?” she asked me sadly.  Deciding to write this wrong I tried to explain Nick to Savanah, “Nick cares about me a lot.  He loves me like a little sister, so he’s just a bit over protective of me.  He doesn’t like how Dante is keeping me here, even though there is a good reason.  Despite those things, he’s loyal, funny, sweet, kind, and be your dream guy.” I convinced.  

“Thanks, Alex.  That helps a little, but why are you helping me?”  “Just because my love life is a mess doesn’t mean that I should ruin yours.” I answered.  She ran over and hugged me.  “Dante will come back to you. He really loves you.” She whispered.  After our conversation I had a night filled with various sleep over activities.  Savannah gave me a makeover, and I had to admit I looked really pretty.  Then, we had a pillow fight and finished the night off with a romantic movie and junk food.  That night I got no sleep because Savannah wouldn’t allow me too.  Instead, she told me funny stories of things we did before.  It felt good to have some girl time with Savannah.  She was really nice, funny, and her happiness was contagious.  No wonder we were best friends before.

“I can’t believe it’s already morning!” she exclaimed.  Outside, the sun was up but blocked by a couple of grey clouds.  I got up and went to my room to get ready.  Luke stopped me, “You look tired.” “I was up all night.” I explained.  Luke just shook his head.  I went on with my usual routine.  

Surprisingly, I hadn’t seen Dante at all.  Was he avoiding me? I wondered.  Maybe he got bored of me, and found someone else. Normally, I would have been thrilled, but my escape plan would be ruined unless I got on Dante’s good side.  Each night I had a dream.  They were all experiences with Dante.  In every one he was incredibly sweet, but at times he could be possessive.  Also, he had a huge temper when it involved with me potentially getting hurt or leaving him!  This scared me, yet I couldn’t get over his sweet side.  He was like prince charming, but real.  Whenever I wasn’t happy he always knew how to cheer me up, and I think I was falling for him.  NO, YOU CAN’T! I told myself.  My horrible date’s memories were being pushed aside by my dreams.

 Every day after I woke up, I had to convince myself that it was wrong to love an abusive monster.  Savannah and Nick were keeping me distracted, but I didn’t want to be the third wheel for them.    Also, I didn’t want to seem weak to them and ruin their lives with my problems.  Nick’s growing relationship with Savannah worried me because he might end up not wanting to escape.    Could I escape alone? Did I want to?  Yes, you do. I assured myself.  A relationship with Dante won’t work he’s an abusive 500-year old vampire, and you’re just a scared and venerable girl.    Who could potentially be your perfect match. I reminded myself.  One of my new hobbies was wrestling with my thoughts of whether to give in or not.  

Luke seemed to understand what I was feeling probably from reading my mind.  He was being very supportive, and explaining events from my dreams with greater detail.  At times he’d defend me, or he’d defend me.   For some reason I trusted Luke not to tell Dante, and to lead me in the right direction.  Hopefully, he was leading me in the right direction.

As I got ready one morning a week or 2 after the date I noticed that there were no more jeans, t-shirts, or shorts in the wardrobe.   Dresses were the only thing left.  Savanah probably did this! Reluctantly, I slipped one a purple one with two thin straps.  The dress was very loose and had light jeweled flowers on the bottom.  Just looking at my reflection made me cringe.  I looked so girly and delicate.