Chapter Forty. College

Brianna's P.O.V

The holiday was all over. We were going to college. I wasn't so excited though. I was going to see Nick twice a week, and see Charlie everyday but I still felt like it wasn't enough. We were loading up the cars with our stuff and surely I wasn't going to college with a P1 I was going with a black G wagon, courtesy of my big brother. Charlie got one too but a white one.

As soon as we were done. I kiss my boyfriend goodbye. And head to college. Sure I wasn't sure bout this whole law thing but I surely was gonna do it, it would make mama proud. And cause I was gonna do psychology on the side. Me and Charlie got to the college two hours later, before we could unpack anything we go to the admin and get our keys and books. We carry it all to our rooms.

"Why are there so many books, highschool didn't have these kind of books" I said struggling to get up the stairs

"Its law babe, of course they gonna give us a thousand books to read." She sets down the books on one of the stairs

"Keep up, Einstein."

We arrive at the room, we unlock the door and basically fall in. The books were scattered all over the floor. We walked all over them and looked around the small room meant to accommodate the both of us.

"Goodbye walk in closets!" She put her hands on her hips

"Yeah, at least we have our own bathroom." I exhale heavily

We sound like serious snobs.

She sits on one of the beds, "you know I wanted my reception to be at home, in Glendale I mean."

"Ah man I'm sorry!" I sit next to her

"When I saw it burn, I wanted to scream!" She starts crying

"I'm sorry sweets " I brush little circles on her back.

As soon as we were done packing she walks out to go get some food.

I yank out of my phone, and make my first phone call in this entire book.

It Rings..

"hello?"

"Mrs. Coulson, hi its Brianna..Sorry I changed my numbers. I need your help with something."

.....

Charlie's P.O.V

I make my way out of campus and into the small town next to it, I walk into a diner and order two burgers, fries and two milkshakes. I sit in one of the tables as I wait for my order.

Ah college something I thought I'd have to skip cause of my endless family drama. But here I was about to start my future. My phone vibrates in my hand, it was a text from Kristen

Babe, I'm at your room. Where are you? -Kristen

Grabbing food, be back a bit later -Charlie

I wanted to do something first, there's one thing I resented about this place Melvin lives nearby. Kristen knew which is why his in my room instead of his. He didn't say much about it but I can assure you it pisses him off. Anyway I get in my car and gently put the food on my passenger seat. Yes I was heading to Melvin's place. I park in front of his house and slowly exit the car. I take a deep breath as I make my way to the door. I stand in front of the door bullying my insides to have the nerve and knock.

I gently knock on the door. And wait....

The door opens and there in his underwear and eating an apple stood Melvin.

"Hi" I wave slightly

His eyes widen "Hey? You lost?"

"No!" I exhale "I'm going to the college near the town and I know you're going to it too cause you wouldn't stop talking about it. I would've gone to a different college but its a fucking good school and way closer to home. Just stay away from me. I know what we had was good. But do me the favor of staying the fuck away from me cause my fiance will..."

"Wait...You're really getting married to Kristen? Like really?" He chuckles a bit

"The fuck is funny bout that?"

"Cause last time I checked you were fucking shit up!" He chuckles again

"We fixed our ish and unlike you, his got the actual balls to show me he loves me." I turn around and make my way to my car till I saw Kristen's G Wagon coming

"Shit!" I say under my breath

He gets out of his car and slams the door shut..

So this is how I die.

"The hell you doing here?" He comes towards me

"I was threatening Melvin before you could!"

He looks over to Melvin before he could even respond. He looks back at me "Get in your car and go to college, Brianna's hungry..."

I do as I'm told cause he didn't even give me a kiss on the forehead. As soon as I get to the college I run up to the room. As soon as I get there I push the door open and toss the food on my bed.

"I think Kristen is killing Melvin.." I sit on my bed and start hyperventilating

"Babe, breath and tell me exactly what happened!"

"I went to Melvin's place to threaten his ass and Kristen showed up when I was about to leave. Worse part Melvin was standing outside halve naked."

"Oh sweetie y'all both dying today!" She smiles

"I knew it."

"Calm down! I'm sure his on his way back to campus. He'd never hurt someone with no legit proof. You know that!" She grabs her phone

"He was halve naked! He doesn't need shit!"

"Yes he does! Now I've tested Chris is at campus, he arrived five minutes ago. He basically left when you left... Okay?"

"Fine!" I exhale and rest my back on my bed

Brianna opens the bag of food and starts eating. Maybe she's right I'm just being a bit paranoid. His smarter than that, he wouldn't assume shit. Yeah now I can eat...