Chapter. Twenty Two. The Wedding.

Charlie's P.O.V

We walk in the church and sit in the near front. I and Brianna were dressed in pink and white dresses with white high heels and matching handbags. The guys were wearing skinny jeans with blazers and shirts.

We were all invited to Beatrice's wedding, and by we I mean me, Brianna, Kristen, Thomas, Nick, Christopher, and Keith, so you could imagine the awkwardness right now.

Brianna and I sat in the middle of Thomas and Christopher cause they talk too damn much. Nick was sitting with Kristen at the end of the row and Keith was sitting next to Christopher at the beginning of the row. Odd setting. The wedding march begins and we all stand up and face the door as they open the doors to let the bride in.

The dress was a fitted bodice with a large full skirt, a wide neckline, and the sleeves resting on the tips of the shoulder. The train was attached to the closed back and was 6 feet long. Her bouquet made everything even more beautiful. I know all this cause I was planning my wedding too early.

I couldn't believe Tris was getting married at 21 she always said she'd wait till her late 30s and the most thrilling part she's marrying her best friend of many years. The expression on her face said everything. She was absolutely happy. She might have called Brianna at like 4 am and started panicking and saying she was scared as fuck but she was still walking down the aisle happy and ready to spend the rest of her life with  Chancellor.

I zone out as the priest starts talking.

I could've had all that in a few years the realization that I was gonna be happy with the man of my dream but I messed that up cause I didn't want to be stuck to one dick for the rest of my life. At least not so early in my life. I mean I'm 17 I'm graduating high school in a month. Starting college in four months and probably working after 4 years of college. I just wasn't ready.

I snap out of my thoughts as they about to say the vows and wear the rings. Tris says

"The love of my life someone with whom I could have a special, almost spiritual connection with. Little did I know that my very best friend was capable of filling up the empty void for all my life I've known that true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning. And my best friend was more than that." She smiles at him as she places the ring on his finger

Did I mention that Tris is a bit of a poet, like a really good one?

Than Chancellor chuckles and says

"This ring I give you not only do I want you to wear it on your finger but in you for it is a sign to remind you and your ex who you belong to which is me"

They both chuckle as he places the ring on her finger.

Then the priest says

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Baker. You may kiss the bride."

We all stand up and start cheering an clapping even Brianna was crying. But there was no emotion on Kristen until he took off his shades and wiped those tears. Which broke my heart. I wipe my tears as we head to the reception. Tris put us all on the same table near the bride's table.

We sit there in silence as the bride and groom make their way to the dance floor for their first dance.

You could see the magic in their eyes as they stared at each other like the other is threatening to escape.

It was a beautiful Night.

My thoughts are interrupted when the DJ says

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen and my sister Terry you may join the bride and groom on the dance floor."

Oh man, even more awkwardness. Nick stands up and asks Bree to dance which was highly odd but good in an odd way. Bree agrees and they head to the dancefloor.

I sit there with four guys pretending to text someone. Kristen comes up to me and smiles. He takes my hand and guides me to the dance floor.

We slow dance for a few minutes and you can imagine my heart at that moment. Maybe I was ready for commitment, could've been the cologne drugging me but hey it was worth it right.

After that, there was no silence at the table, there were laughter and actual happiness. It was so beautiful. This was truly a magnificent day.

Later.

As the bride and groom drive off to their honeymoon, we decide to leave as well.

The ride home was even better the laughter was even thicker. And of course, I and Bree fell asleep in the car. It was a two-hour drive back home do you blame us?

When we arrive home. I could feel muscular arms wrap my body as I'm carried upstairs to my room. The person even tucked me in I'm guessing its Kristen, but how would I know. I'm asleep.

The next morning.

Oh man, I feel a warm body beside me again! I open my eyes fast this time and check where my hands at. And look over to my left to see who was there.

Oh, its just Bree. She's actually cute when she sleeps. like a cute bunny or something.

I put on a baggy T-shirt and sweat pants and head downstairs the guys were drinking juice and making breakfast. Was I still dreaming?

Enjoy it while it lasts.

I head back upstairs to brush my teeth and wake Bree up. When I reach my room I jump on Bree's side of the bed and wake her up. She slaps me with the back of her hand softly and says

"Can I get a new alarm clock please!"

I chuckle and push her off the bed.

"Come see the guys are cooking and getting along."

She quickly gets off the floor and slips on her pajamas and runs downstairs with me.

"Oh, wow I must be still dreaming."

"I know right."

We walk into the kitchen and it smelled like heaven. I'm talking about bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausages, toast, milkshakes, fruit salads, and dark chocolate cupcakes. Heaven.

Finally, a good day to look back on. I wish this never ends!