Chapter. Thirty. Lunch With My Dad.

Brianna's P.O.V

Its been three days since my dad texted me. Sammy still can't believe I won't let him back into my life cause his trying so hard to. I just can't. Not yet.

I walk downstairs and make Sammy breakfast. As soon as I'm done, I walk back upstairs and head to Sammy's room. I kiss his forehead and brush his head lightly.

"Sam, its time to wake up...Breakfast is ready."

He opens his eyes slowly and smiles. "Already...Mhmm I can smell the burnt toast."

"Hahaha, get up...Dad wants to have lunch with you today." I stand up and make my way to the door

"Will you stay and eat with us?"

"Would you like me to?"

"Yes, he just asks me about you most of the time. Would be nice for you to answer most of his questions."

I fold my arms and turn around. "Yeah, okay. I'll join you for lunch."

I walk out and go downstairs to eat.

***************

I put on a tight black pair of jeans, an Adidas top, black sneakers with gold aglets and tie my braids into a cute donut. I dress Sammy in gray sweat pants, a gray Nike T-shirt, black sneakers. Close enough to matching. We grab our shades and walk out of the house like movie stars.

*************

We walk into the the restaurant, take off our shades and look for an old man with old people clothes. We spot him at the table for four. We walk towards the table. I help Sam with his seat and sit down next to him. 

He greets me and the waitress comes to take our orders.

My dad asks. "What you gonna have?"

I clear my throat and respond "Not much."

"May I take your orders?"

"I'll have the double bacon and cheese burger, large fries, extra sauce and a chocolate milkshake don't be stingy with the whit cream please."

The waitresses eyes widen and writes it all down, my dad and Sammy order and she heads into the kitchen.

"Should I be expecting grandchildren early?" My dad asks with a halve smile

I laugh lightly "No, I just really love food."

"You look so much like your mother."

"Thank You."

"What are you going to study?"

"What Samuel couldn't answer that question?"

He chuckles and leans back on his chair. The food arrives, I help Sam cut his ribs and start putting fries in my burger. I take a big bite of my burger and chew very very and I mean very slowly.

It went silent for a while halve way through my burger, my dad clears his throat and says.

"So, what's new in your life?"

Sam swallows his fries and responds before I could fully swallow the chunk of my burger "She got a boyfriend name Nicholas, she loves him but I like Tyler better, his got a really cool little sister. She also feels she might marry one of em."

I start choking on my burger as I reach for my milkshake. My dad laughs and Sam laughs along with him.

"Are you okay my dear?"

"I'm fine. And Samuel how do you know all that?"

"You leave your diary on top of your bed every morning, its like you ask in me to read it."

I laugh and take another sip of my milkshake.

"Would you like to tell me more about this Nicholas?"

"No. Dad, his just a guy I just got back together with."

"Oh. Thank you for the poor set of information."

I roll my eyes and sarcastically respond "You are so welcome."

I finish my lunch. And start gazing at the people eating and talking.

"Uh. Well thanks for lunch, we are gonna go now!"

"Oh. Okay, have a safe journey back home."

Sam hugs him and waves goodbye as we walk out of the restaurant and head to the parking lot.

After 15 minutes of sitting in traffic, Sam falls asleep, I cover him with my jacket, which wasn't much help, since its so tiny. After 45 minutes of driving and waiting. We arrive home. I struggle to carry Sam to his room. Thomas arrives and carry's him to his room I follow behind and take off his shoes. I pull his sheets up to his chin and kiss his forehead. I walk to my room and toss myself on the chair beside my wardrobe.

Wasn't so bad, but kind of awkward when Sam started talking bout my messed up love life. Now I wish I hadn't gone. What else has Sam been telling my dad bout me. I mean there's just so much to say. I've been going through too much lately who knows what Sam has said.

I walk into my closet and grab my baggy outfit and head downstairs. The door bell rings and I stroll to the door. Nick walks I with Kristen behind him.

"Charlie your husband is home." I yell

"Hello to you too." Nick says as he kisses my forehead

Kristen heads upstairs leaving me with Nick.

"How did lunch go?"

"It was fine, Sam mentioned you.

"You discussed me with your dad?"

"No." I laugh "I avoided the question."

"But I fun to discuss."

"Yeah, right." I make my way upstairs he follows slowly behind me

"You gonna have lunch with him Again?"

"Probably not. Don't want to start discussing my wedding with my dad."

We get to my room and sit on the tiny table that was meant to be Sammy's

"You look so cute when You don't want to discuss things."

I grab a pillow from the chair beside my wardrobe. I giggle while covering my face with it. He removes it and looks me in the eyes.

"What." I frown.

He slowly presses his lips on mine, he grabs my ass and lifts me and we land on my bed.

Here we go again. But at least this time I'm fully sober and ready. And I'm pretty sure I'm happy. And since I'm thinking while all of this is happening is a good sign right. Haha no, we'll see how the morning goes after all this.

********

The warmth of his body made me feel so complete. We lay in bed like a married couple. His arms wrapped around me like he was trying to shield me from something. Which made every second of this even more beautiful. I felt more in love with him. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach dance. I kept smiling like an idiot.

So this is how love really feels like.