Chapter Thiry Eight. The Soul Ache.

Charlie's P.O.V

Another morning with the thought whether or not my dad is going to burst through those doors threatening to kill one of the people I love or care about. Kristen still making sure we safe while we finish packing in Glendale. He won't leave my side, he texts me when I'm out with Brianna and calls me when I haven't texted back for more then thirty minutes, its absolutely frustrating but also sweet how he loves and cares bout me. How he wants to keep his fiance safe. I smile every time that though strings in my mind just love it so much.

I walk downstairs dragging my feet and Brianna was already in the kitchen with a bowl of grapes and juice on the side.

I open the fridge "No English breakfast today?" I close the fridge and sit in the chair across from her.

She scoffs at my comment and grabs another grape and tosses it in her Mouth.

"Wow, you didn't throw a snotty comment back, the world must be falling to its knees." I reach for her bowl

"I'm just thinking about the text I got this morning." She places her phone on the table

I reach for it and open it.

Me and your father need to see you today. Please come to the café where you took Sam for breakfast before you learned to cook. -Mom 

"Seems okay, there's even a little humor." I give her back her phone

"Sure, but when did they get here. They left the UK without telling me or Thomas. And how are they together doesn't she hate him like crazy." She gets up and runs her hand through her braids

"First of all calm down or you gonna have another anxiety attack. Babe we'll go with you if we need to. I'll walk in with you if I have to. Just please... Breath." I walk over to her slowly "Let's go take a shower so we can surround the place in time."

We both giggle and head upstairs. We both take showers and inform the guys. Nick and Kristen Decided they'll drive us there. And Brianna and I would enter alone.

A few minutes later we get into Kristen's G wagon and head to the city. As soon as we arrive at the café. We head in. In the sight of the adults sitting in a table for five my heart fell to my feet. Everything in me told me to run out and grab Kristen, but as soon as I saw Brianna walking towards the table I did too. We clear our throats and slowly sit down. I gaze at the middle aged man with a black tailored suit. I still couldn't believe Charles was sitting right in front of me and he wasn't threatening to kill me or anyone for that matter.

Brianna clears her throat to break the uncomfortable silence "Mom, you wanted to talk.. but I guess y'all knew I'd come with Charlie, so you decided to invite Charles."

I turn to look at her "You knew they didn't hate each other?"

"Why do you think Kristen and Nick were the ones trying to keep us safe instead of our own parents!" Brianna folds her arms and glares at her mom

"Well there's nothing I want to say to you dad." I fold my arms as well

Charles sits up "I can't begin to apologize for the amount of pain I've caused you but I can say I'm sorry. And as soon as your mother told me you were engaged I first asked myself who my baby girl is getting married to, then I remembered the last time I attacked you guys you were attached to Kris..Kristen is it?"

I nod and he continues "He was holding you tight and making sure you were okay so I figured you were getting married to him. But I also didn't want another man to walk my little girl down the aisle. Your mother made a deal with the cops and I'll be there at your wedding."

Tears were already streaming down my eyes and Brianna rubbing small circles on my back and trying to hold back her own tears.

I look away from his sorry face and struggle to get rid of the lump in my throat that kept me from talking to him. I finally swallow enough of it and say "Sweet, but its gonna take more then a cheesy apology to walk me down the aisle." I look back at him "And you dare do something to even hint off that you up to something, I swear I'll hunt you down myself."

He smiles and looks at Brianna's parents. Me and Brianna stand up and get out of the café. We quickly get into the car and we head home. We update the guys bout what just happened in the café. My world has been turned into something different. All these years of thinking he doesn't care, only to find out that he was aching to walk me down the aisle. It warmed my heart but also left a gapping hole in it. Charles had put my family through a lot and has left us wondering what we did wrong instead of wondering what's wrong with him.

I didn't want a normal wedding. I guess I'm going to get one of those exotic weddings where there's more family drama then a wedding. When we arrive home Brianna and I head upstairs and lock ourselves in her room. We sit on the floor with our phones on silent.

"Do you believe he wont harm anyone at the wedding?" Brianna asks with a concerned expression

"No, but I do want my dad to walk me down the aisle instead of some guy."

She laughs "You know, you sound like your dad right now!"

I laugh too even thought it wasn't a pleasant thought.

"I'm sorry, I guess its a bit too soon for jokes, but I'm just glad he's trying to come back, its absolutely something." She draws circles on the floor with her finger

"Yeah, I'm just praying Kristen will get along with him. You know how over protective he can be."

"Yep, I've seen your phone die cause of him. But he loves you and wants to keep you safe, you can't blame him for that."

"I guess.. but Brianna I feel...I feel like we need to go get some food."

She glares at me and grabs her phone. "Well I got 16 missed calls and 32 new messages from your fiance and my demon filled boyfriend. Let's go. Will make em get us some food."

We laugh and leave the room to get food.

....

And yes Brianna set up the meeting, how? We seriously will never know. 

Brianna's P.O.V

Thanks for the help Mom, couldn't have done it without you. -Bree❤

Anything to make her special day memorable for her. -Mom

Nick walks in and tosses his jacket on a chair. Kisses my forehead and heads for the bathroom. I toss my phone on the bed and follow him.

"Did your plan work? Is Charlie having her dad walk her down the aisle?" He asks as he puts toothpaste on his toothbrush

"Yes, thanks for helping me come up with it." I giggle

"Anytime babe. Yell if you need any more help, Okay? Don't do ish alone!"

"I won't, I promise. I'll run everything by you first." I kiss his cheek

And he brushes his teeth.

Just hope my whole plan works. Just don't want to disappoint her.

...