Chapter. Twenty Eight. I Can't Help You.

Brianna's P.O.V

It was a lovely week and I had loads of fun despite the fact that we had sex a couple of times that will be left unsaid. There are only a few months left till college so I have to make the best what I have left. Time to fix some things and bring peace and closure to some people. Let's start with the most heartless person on the planet...Tyler.

I walk up to the door knock and start to slowly hyperventilate. He opens the door and steps out closes the door behind him and hugs me, tight even. I wrap my arms around him and squeeze back.

After graduation, I told him I'd think about us being a couple and since it has been two weeks. I think I gave it enough thought. I'm not gonna give us another try.

"The only reason why I couldn't commit was because of what happened back in 2015, I didn't realize I've grown so attached, I just kept falling and falling and I didn't even want to stop, I couldn't stop...I mean before those years I'd forgotten bout him. But don't tell him that... I'd let everything go and didn't want revenge or didn't want to hurt anyone."

"So basically he was a bad influence?"

"No, I mean he never answers the question directly, he lies, hides his  emotions, gives you the run around before he could give you any set of information, has no idea his hurting you but does it Anyway, remind you of anyone?"

"Yeah, you... So you took it from him, all of this demon-like self."

"Thanks." I roll my eyes

"Sorry..."

"Anyway, take it this way...He is Satan and sI'm one of his demons, and the pain I caused you was merely level one, meaning I can't hurt you any further. I know it sounds cliché, but its the only thing that makes sense to me now!"

"So how do you feel about him now?"

"I wanna run into his arms and whisper those three words that haunt you."

He stands up and I do too, he hugs me tighter and walks back into the house, I get in my P1 and drive to Nicks house.

I couldn't fight the feeling anymore, and I couldn't ignore it. Don't know if it's my period talking or I need to be in an asylum. I just want him, no one else but him.

I get out of the car, and he walks out of the house. He stops in his steps and gazes at me.

"Hey, can we talk for a sec?"

"Yeah, sure. I don't have much time tho."

"I won't take long, just needed to ask you something...."

He puts his keys in his pockets and walks towards me. I could feel my heart start to ache.

"Do you still...Uh...Well, do you..."

"Yes, I never stopped." He stepped closer but cupping my face as well "I'll never stop..."

I swear I couldn't breathe, dated the guy for a couple of months and I still can't breathe when he's so close to me. There's no other place I'd rather be. I just loved his warmth. I don't think I'll ever get enough of it or his lips.

"Come by tonight, I have to go."

"Oh okay."

He walks to his dodge and drives off.

******************************

I walk into the noise polluted house. I greet Sammy with a kiss on the forehead and walk into the kitchen, place my keys on the table, and walk back out. I stroll to my room.

I've never wanted someone so bad that I couldn't eat grapes. The worst part I neglected him after we broke up. I just don't want to hurt any more people, I just want a clear and stable relationship, with someone I know won't hurt me. I throw myself on my bed and slowly shove off my shoes.

My phone vibrates from my left pocket, I yank it out.

Don't want to cause any trouble. Just wanna know if you okay. -Dad

I roll my eyes and place it beside my head. It vibrates again.

I know you mad and everything. Please let me explain. I'm at the café at your school. Please meet me there. I'll be here till eight. -Dad

I'm tempted to go but driving all the way to see my dad made me nauseous. Although I do need the explanations for closure.

I groan and get up.

"I'm going out," I yell as I leave the house.

**********************

I slowly walk in as the bell rings above my head. I scan the room for an old man with issues. There he was, at a wall corner table, coffee in one hand and a newspaper in the other. It didn't look like he was waiting for anyone.

"Hi..."

He looks up from his paper and puts down his coffee gently. "My daughter."

I pull out a seat and sit with my hands between my legs.

"Want anything?"

"No, I'm good. I ate grapes before I left home."

"How have you been? How's Samuel?"

I sigh and respond "His okay, and I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm better. Thank you."

"I really have somewhere else to be after this, could you please.."

He cuts me off "I'm sorry, for neglecting you, lying to you, and not being the father I'd promised I'd be, with work and my health mashed up and the divorce... I couldn't handle the depression, didn't realize I was losing my kids in the process. I love you all and I just want to fix things and give you the future I promised."

"Dad, you haven't lost all your children, you just lost one. You still have lunches and text Thomas, and see Samuel when you with mom. I'm sorry for what you had to go threw, can't imagine the pain. But you just too late."

I get up dramatically and leave before he could say another word

I could the ache coursing through my heart looking for a way out, I just didn't want anything to do with my dad at the moment. I just had one goal at hand.