9

Taehyung lay on the couch wondering what the point of his life was if his baby wasn't here with him. He'd forgotten the life he had before finding out Jungkook was a little because he simply loved the new life he had easily adapted to.

It was 3:38am and he couldn't get to sleep because of Jungkook's absence.
He felt as if he was fading away slowly which was quite ironic as when he first found out about little space, he thought the worst of Jungkook.

"Hyungie's sorry baby. I wish I could change things so you'd be here with me." He whispered to himself.

Taehyung held Mr Cuddles close to his chest. Jungkook's stuffed toy smelt like him an awful lot and gave him a kind of sense that he was with him.

He wondered if Jungkook was also affected by not being with him. He wondered if he could sleep. He wondered what he'd done before he went to bed. He even wondered what pajamas he decided to wear to bed, because he never wore the same pair twice in a row.

He never would've thought that Jungkook, the one who has aimlessly put a smile on his face each day, could bring so much meaning into his life. All he had ever known was to wake up, talk with Jungkook about anything and everything before leaving to work and coming back to an empty apartment because Jungkook was with Jimin and Yoongi or Seokjin and Namjoon. The overwhelming feelings of happiness and love he now had could never compete with how he used to live– he loved spending every waking moment with Jungkook much more.

Taehyung sighed as he wiped a fallen tears from his cheek.

He was sorry. Sorry for the way Jungkook had left and on such terms. He saw the hurt in his face and before now, he questioned why he felt how he did, but now he understood the full extent of Jungkook's feelings.

To have someone you love and care for feel so distant from you, as if they weren't right in front of you or ten minutes away. He saw the difference. He felt how Jungkook felt and thought when he mindlessly told him that he didn't love him in a way where he would risk everything just for his happiness, or go through rough hardships just to never see a single tear of sadness grace his soft cheeks. Because he would. He did love Jungkook in that way. He had opened up his heart to the boy, and let him in and now he was filled with warmth, he didn't want to return to that cold, empty, lonely place. He was happy with his new home.

He needed Jungkook's love, in fact— he craved Jungkook's love and understanding. He hoped that the boy would come round, because he was his home. The warm, loving home that he had become so attached to in such a short amount of time.