1

Jungkook strolled into his shared apartment with half lidded eyes as he exerted minimal energy to close the front door due to his overwhelming fatigue. Work had been as stressful as it could get with him constantly being rushed off his feet, driving from venue to venue to take pictures for newly wedded couples. Although Jungkook loved his profession, it was demanding line of work and could bring distastefulness around when the customers weren't too pleased with their pictures which forced him to take more until they were satisfied with the outcome. Having to keep his irrational emotions at bay was a challenging task and he wanted nothing more than to luxuriate and forget about the responsibilities he bared as an adult.

So that he could deal with his daily life as a newly established adult, Jungkook depended on regression to slow him to slip into a state where he had little concerns. His coping tactics had reduced him to be quite unsociable with others as he was regularly in his headspace and feared others finding out due to his trepidations of not being accepted for who he was.

"Taehyung?" He called out through a wide yawn.

As he hadn't received a response to his call, he concluded that nobody apart from himself was home and the thought made him smile. He broke out into a wide smile knowing that he was able to comfortably slip into his headspace without having to worry about his roommate finding out.

Following his regression, Jungkook skipped into his bedroom as he hummed How far I'll go from his favourite movie, Moana. He changed out of his restricting clothing and into a lightweight onesie before picking up his favourite teddy bear, Mr Cuddles, from his vast collection of stuffed animals.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around his stuffed bear and pecked the top of its head. "Missed Mr Cuddles so much, d-did Mr Cuddles miss Kookie?"

Jungkook cupped the back of Mr Cuddles' head to make him nod in response to his question. He giggled softly to himself before putting the bear back with his other stuffed animals. Jungkook then ran to the far end of his room where his colouring books and crayons were hidden away in a box because he was too wary of someone walking into his room unexpectedly.

The little took out a colouring book and crayons, spreading his artsy supplies out onto the floor, creating a mess he would have to tidy later when he slipped out of little space. He spun on his bottom to lay on his tummy and began to colour in an outlined image of a dog.

________

Hours had passed by and Jungkook was just as engrossed in colouring various outlined pictures of animals as he had been when he first started colouring. It was already 10:27pm and Taehyung still wasn't home. Both in and out of little space, Jungkook disliked being alone while it was late, dark and unbearably quiet.

Jungkook's vision suddenly became cloudy as tears welled up in his wide, innocent eyes. His doleful tears fell from his face when he blinked and landed on the page he had attempted to colour in as neat as possible. He shoved his supplies away and stumbled to his feet to run to his bed. He peeled his cover sand quickly slipped under his warm covers and grabbed as many stuffed animals he could hold in his arms and allowed the waterfall running from his face to soak their soft, fluffy fur.

"Why don' I 'ave a daddy like Jiminie?" He questioned, his words swallowed by the silence and briskly forgotten.

Jungkook knew he wouldn't receive a reply due to his undesired isolation but he disregarded the fact and voiced his tortuous thought. Jungkook always thought about having a dedicated caregiver who would love him as if he was the apple of his eye alike his best friend, Jimin. He often found himself jealous of Jimin when he felt lonely. When he was unable to be amused by his various toys and colouring books, he cried at the thought of everything his best friend had that he didn't. He was thankful to have Seokjin and Namjoon who would look after him when he slipped into little space, but they couldn't give him the loving and compassionate relationship he longed for.

The little was so distracted by his thoughts that he hadn't noticed that his bedroom door was wide open and standing there was as shocked, but if anything surprised Taehyung.

"What the hell Jungkook?!" Taehyung suddenly exclaimed, making Jungkook jump as he knocked him out of his disconsolate thoughts.

His eyes widened with fear which reduced him to throw his beloved stuffed animals off the side of his bed that wasn't visible to Taehyung, but Jungkook knew that he had already seen them which would render his efforts to keep his secret under wraps pointless.

"Why do you have so many stuffed toys and why are you crying?" He asked, confusion evident in his tone.

Jungkook's heart raced as it pounded against his ribcage, threatening to break through his chest. He feared that Taehyung's opinion of him would change, and if he did, he wouldn't be able to handle the heart ache especially since himself and Taehyung lived together.

"I-it's nothing." Jungkook muttered unconvincingly.

"Do you expect me to buy that bullshit?" Taehyung asked as he raised an eyebrow to intimidate him.

"Y-yes?"

"Jeon Jungkook, you better have a damn good explanation."

Jungkook chewed the bottom of his lip nervously. "D-do I h-have to?"

"No, carry on fucking around with the stuffed animals like a kid." Taehyung's sarcastic tone made Jungkook's eyes water once again as a fresh set of tears begun to cascade down his reddened, tear stained face.

"I-I'm a little." The younger choked out.

"A little what?"

"I- I'm a little. J-just little."

Taehyung eyebrows furrowed as he stared at Jungkook with an expressionless face which scared him further. Taehyung started at him for a few seconds before he walked out of Jungkook's room, shutting the door behind himself. Jungkook choked on a loud sob he had been trying to suppress as he lay face down on his bed and continued to cry. His tears now soaked his pillow as he used it to muffle his loud, pained whimpers.