♕ Chapter 13

"Seth!!!" Rose called his name, hurrying into his bedroom. She was holding a stack of papers in her hands. Seth was sitting on the couch, reading a book. "What?" he asked, his eyes were still on the book. Rose smiled. "Did you hear about it? My parents are visiting today!" She squealed. "Good," Seth replied, numb.

        Rose took a seat beside him. "So, I need your help with these!" She said, showing him the papers. Seth narrowed his eyes to the papers. "I'm no good in old English but I need to translate these. Can you help me?" She asked for help. She knew that Madam Hartford would extend her lesson if she didn't complete her work. Seth stood up to his feet. "I'm busy and I have a lecture now. Go help yourself in the Royal Library," he said, leaving the room.

        "Jerk," Rose said, sticking her tongue out. She looked back at her papers. There were tons of words that she had to translate. She went out from his room and headed towards the library with hope that she would find something to help her.

~~

     "Your Highness," Tom and Jennifer Humphrey bowed down to King Edward, Queen Carla and Princess Meredith. They smiled at them. "Please, have a seat," King Edward said, welcoming them to the castle. They took a seat on the couch opposite to them. "How are you, Mr Humphrey, Mrs Humphrey?" He asked kindly.

      Jen smiled. "We're fine, my Lord. Thank you for asking," she replied. Tom nodded. "Your Highness, we hope that our daughter didn't bother you too much," he said, looking down, shyly. Princess Meredith smiled. "No, she didn't. She's a very polite lady and cheerful," she said. Tom laughed. "Yes, she is very cheerful, has been ever since she was a baby," he said, proud of his daughter.

           Suddenly, Tom looked down. "But she never was good at studying. Hmm, maybe that's why she chose a ballet course," he said truthfully. Jen nudged him slowly, warning him not to talk nonsense. "I'm sorry, your Highness. But what my husband said is true. I'm sorry if you're having trouble in teaching her," she said, slightly embarrassed.

          "It's alright. We understand," King Edward smiled. Queen Carla coughed. "We're giving her the best education. I'm sure she'll get used to it," she added. Tom giggled. "Rose. I can't believe what she has become now. I could still remember the first time she walked. She was always a strong-willed and cheerful girl. Place her in the dessert and she'll be the first one to survive," he said in awe. 

        "Yes, you have raised a fine daughter, Mr Humphrey," Princess Meredith said, praising him. Tom looked around him, no sign of Rose. He turned his eyes back to the King and Queen. "I'm sorry, my Lord, but where's Rose?" He asked politely.

         "Rose is having her princess lesson. I'm sure she'll be finishing in a few minutes," Queen Carla answered. Tom and Jen nodded to her. "Please have some tea," Princess Meredith invited them and so, they took the cup from the table.

~~

         Rose wrote the translated script as fast as she could. Her eyes kept looking at the clock, afraid that her parents might have left. Her class had been extended for more than an hour now. Then, her phone rang and she glanced at the screen, dad. She tried to grab her phone from the table slowly, but then was startled, when Madam Hartford shouted at her, "Princess! I have told you so many time before this, that you must silent your phone," she said firmly. 

       "But, it’s my dad. He must be curious as to why I am late," she said sadly. "I'm supposed to be back by now." Madam Hartford looked sharply at her. "You must finish your script first, before you meet them. It's the Queen order," she said, raising her voice. Rose sighed. "When I finish writing this, can I go back?" She pleaded. Madam Hartford nodded. She looked back at her unfinished writing and continue to write. She kept praying that her parents would wait for her.